Scrimmage: Ennis at Longview

LoboFan07

Hope you now understand where the excitement is coming from.

Obviously a lot to work on still.

I will NEVER understand until I see him physically for myself in person. Lmao! I have a question, though. God forbid Ross goes down, how does the backup look as far as being prepared to step in. For the most part, everything SOUNDS excellent but (ie.Bivins Caraway vs. Coppell) is what we DO NOT need BUT......... this is football and injuries happen and unfortunately to the very athletes that can tote the load and change the morale for an entire team.

Look at how dejected our 2008 State team responded when Tyler McCray went down against Lake Travis. And, to think we were all tied up! Same thing with our main receiver the following year. We had not PREPARED others to step in and that is somewhat our Achilles heel in trying to transition from a good team to a state champion.

The Longview motto of the past five years it feels like.

Yes...sir ! I hear you on THAT !

Ross will definitely turn some heads and how he is able to deal with the physical nature of the QB position especially with his proclivity to want to tuck the ball & run will be watched closely.

He's going to remind folks of "you know who" from aggieland...just saying. That's a tall order but just watching Lobo #8 run will give you that reminder.

We shall see...he's fun to watch...I do know that's a fact !

R. J.

As long as he gets his reps and King doesn't keep him in a shell I think Wiley will be pretty good

Looking at the roster, I see that Wiley is the only listed QB aside from Ross. I'm sure he'll be getting some good PT.

Yes...sir ! I hear you on THAT !

Ross will definitely turn some heads and how he is able to deal with the physical nature of the QB position especially with his proclivity to want to tuck the ball & run will be watched closely.

He's going to remind folks of "you know who" from aggieland...just saying. That's a tall order but just watching Lobo #8 run will give you that reminder.

We shall see...he's fun to watch...I do know that's a fact !

R. J.

Smh..

Smh..

You'll get to see for yourself...next week.

FWIW...several folks sitting around me made THAT comparison before I thought of it.

You'll probably still be scratching your head after he makes those type of plays...lol !

R. J.

Does it look like the O-line is set? Who is going to be the front 5?

Five O...

The O-Line "should" be a team strength. From left to right it goes 6'2" 275, 6'1" 315, 5'11" 265, 6'6" 385, 6'0" 270 & a 6'3" 250 TE.

It's not a stretch to state that it's the biggest OL that Longview has ever fielded. The 385 lb.Right guard is Tim Clay.

Anyway, Coach King has what should be potentially his most lethal offense. He'll need his receivers to be able to produce consistently then the offense could be dynamic.

R. J.

You'll get to see for yourself...next week.

FWIW...several folks sitting around me made THAT comparison before I thought of it.

You'll probably still be scratching your head after he makes those type of plays...lol !

R. J.

I don't doubt you. Several have said how good this kid is. I won't be scratching my head though, unless it itches(don't start 84!). You do know that we've seen some pretty good ones down here right? Some that have actually played for the Pack and that was vital to us winning a title in 01. He won't show me anything that I haven't seen before, especially against our defense.

I don't doubt you. Several have said how good this kid is. I won't be scratching my head though, unless it itches(don't start 84!). You do know that we've seen some pretty good ones down here right? Some that have actually played for the Pack and that was vital to us winning a title in 01. He won't show me anything that I haven't seen before, especially against our defense.

Pack...he will win Longview some games this year. He's very very elusive. Kinda a poor man's Greg Ward.

Ross was even more impressive than the hype.... I mean real deal !

.... Longview hardly even ran the ball all night... Still did well!

.... Jv qb very good too ... About 6'4... Wiley about 6'3 for next year... Set at qb..... The hunter king shows up!

Lobo football looks very healthy for sure!jv and freshmsn totally dominated!

Does it look like the O-line is set? Who is going to be the front 5?

LT Marcus Polk 270lbs, LG Kendall Starling 325lbs, C Zach Gipson 275lbs, RG Tim Clay 385lbs, RT Johnathan Sneed 260lbs

3 TE's we use in Jordan Wyatt 6'3 215, Landon Peeler 6'3 250 and Jacorian Jones 6'3 210.

They have shampoo for that sort of thing....IJS. 💚💚

.... Jv qb very good too ... About 6'4... Wiley about 6'3 for next year... Set at qb..... The hunter king shows up!

Definitely set at quarterback for the new couple of seasons. Going to be exciting to watch.

I was pretty shocked to hear how much we dominated their JV and Fish squads.

Five O...

The O-Line "should" be a team strength. From left to right it goes 6'2" 275, 6'1" 315, 5'11" 265, 6'6" 385, 6'0" 270 & a 6'3" 250 TE.

It's not a stretch to state that it's the biggest OL that Longview has ever fielded. The 385 lb.Right guard is Tim Clay.

Anyway, Coach King has what should be potentially his most lethal offense. He'll need his receivers to be able to produce consistently then the offense could be dynamic.

R. J.

Almost too good to believe. It's going to fun to watch. This is by far the biggest line I've seen come through. A 250# TE sounds good too!!

LT Marcus Polk 270lbs, LG Kendall Starling 325lbs, C Zach Gipson 275lbs, RG Tim Clay 385lbs, RT Johnathan Sneed 260lbs

3 TE's we use in Jordan Wyatt 6'3 215, Landon Peeler 6'3 250 and Jacorian Jones 6'3 210.

I didn't get to see the scrimmage. Do you have any concern for the mobility of the line? 325 / 275 / 385 in the middle.....are they going to be able to keep up with the flashes in the backfield? I dreamed of lines like this back in the Power I days, but I worry about it with the spread/zone read of today.

I didn't get to see the scrimmage. Do you have any concern for the mobility of the line? 325 / 275 / 385 in the middle.....are they going to be able to keep up with the flashes in the backfield? I dreamed of lines like this back in the Power I days, but I worry about it with the spread/zone read of today.

tim clay is very quick on his feet.