Scrimmage: Ennis at Longview

LoboFan07

The Lobos were outplayed during the controlled portion of the scrimmage but reversed things nicely in the two live 12 minute segments.

The defense woke up and played with much more aggression when it really mattered stopping Ennis several times en route to building a 3 score lead.

The big deal for Longview is that they now have themselves a real weapon at QB in Michael Ross. He is exciting to watch with his scrambling/running ability. Moreover, he has an absolute gun...too ! This team could be very good as long as he stays healthy !

R.J.

• Like 1

The lobos would have beaten Ennis by 4 Tds in a real game . The first team got up 14-0... Then second and third teamers played the 2nd part of the live portion. Ennis played first teamers til the very end which was kinda weak to me. They were just trying to make it close scoring on third teasers and also risking injury which was not very smart!

Longview defense actually controlled ennis when the real game started.

Ross is the real deal at qb..... Wowwww

Talent, poise, moves, speed, arm .... Most of all he's a leader I believe!

Longview passed more tonight than I have ever seen or the scrimmage woukd have been worse.

..... Jv won 42-0

..... Freshman worse than that

The Lobos were outplayed during the controlled portion of the scrimmage but reversed things nicely in the two live 12 minute segments.

The defense woke up and played with much more aggression when it really mattered stopping Ennis several times en route to building a 3 score lead.

The big deal for Longview is that they have have themselves a real weapon at QB in Michael Ross. He is exciting to watch with his scrambling/running ability. Moreover, he has an absolute gun...too ! This team could be very good as long as he stays healthy !

R.J.

That's very good news, Randy. Thanks for the update on Ross. That's what I was wanting to hear after finally someone seeing him in pads and against a legitimate contender might I add. Hopefully, he stays HEALTHY and God forbid, stay away from Wal-Mart Supercenters before gameday with raucous, off the field behavior this year. He doesn't seem to even garner that type of crowd, though so we SHOULDN'T have to worry about that.

That's very good news, Randy. Thanks for the update on Ross. That's what I was wanting to hear after finally someone seeing him in pads and against a legitimate contender might I add. Hopefully, he stays HEALTHY and God forbid, stay away from Wal-Mart Supercenters before gameday with raucous, off the field behavior this year. He doesn't seem to even garner that type of crowd, though so we SHOULDN'T have to worry about that.

Hope you now understand where the excitement is coming from.

Obviously a lot to work on still.

Tobin...

No worries with Ross doing anything ridiculous...in my opinion.

Not wanting to jump to conclusions but based upon tonight's exploits, Ross has that single intangible...escapability ! Just as "TheFootballfan" mentioned above...he's got the "it" factor oozing from his high quality athleticism.

He rushed for more than 100 yards and passed for more than 100 as well. (Probably even more yards statistically speaking throughout the entire night)

He's going to be special !! Just keep him healthy !

R.J.