Hallsville @ Carthage

EtxAT

This game will give us (Lindale) a good idea what to expect in game 2 against carthage. We did ok in our scrimmage vs Hallsville, but not great. I'll be interested to see what the score of hallsville/carthage is to have an idea what is coming the next week.

I suspect Carthage will win this game, just interested to see how close hallsville can play them.

Carthage is notoriously slow starters. Hallsville had a good squad last season, and returns a lot. Should be a good ballgame. If Carthage comes out firing on all cylinders early, 4a D1 better look out. This is a really good looking ball team. Now that needs to translate to on the field execution and performance. Going with Carthage cause I'm a homer, but wouldn't be surprised to see Hallsville win. Going to be a much closer ball game than last season, that's the only thing for sure.

It is interesting that on everything I see Carthage is going to beat Hallsville. Has Carthage gotten a secret weapon this year? I Know Hallsville has some solid athletes this year and are very strong not to mention our JV only lost to Longview last year. I truly have some mixed emotions on this game because Scott (Surratt) is a good friend as is his whole family, brothers and Dad. I know he can pull a rabbit out of a pigs rear, and I hope this is truly a better game than last year, but My kids go to Hallsville, so I still don't know, but you can believe Hallsville has not conceded yet.

Good Luck Bulldogs

Go Bobcats!

When you see this years Dawgs, you will go, what the heck, that is not the same team I saw last year when we played them. Much bigger, much faster, much stronger. When you see the 6' 4" 225 lb wide receiver run past the secondary, you will see what I mean. Lets Go Dawgs !!!!! God Bless player, coaches, and fans.

I think both offenses will score a lot. Heard Hallsville played their 2's the entire 2nd quarter portion of the scrimmage half against Lindale. Think they were in control pretty handily until that part. Carthage, year in year out, athletically could compete in either 5A district in East Texas. This could show how each will stack up in their district play later in the year.