Texas @ Notre Dame Week 1 Preview

JustAFan11

I believe Charlie strong is hoping the oline play and the running backs play is 25% to 50% better then last year. If you where a freshman QB playing behind the worst oline in college football with no run game. How would you play?????

Like Coach strong said no QB could of played good behind that oline. So I'm hoping the oline and him r better. Maybe those 240 running backs can help out the run game also. All the coaches agree that 3 star tackle is the best oline on campus. I know they said he played tightend in high school. Maybe I miss read that somewhere.

I just don't get it. How much more Swoopes fail do we need to see before we try someone else?

it has been reported that while Swoop-de-doo will start, Heard will get some snaps.

probably because of a blow out. but still.

I believe Charlie strong is hoping the oline play and the running backs play is 25% to 50% better then last year. If you where a freshman QB playing behind the worst oline in college football with no run game. How would you play?????

Like Coach strong said no QB could of played good behind that oline. So I'm hoping the oline and him r better. Maybe those 240 running backs can help out the run game also. All the coaches agree that 3 star tackle is the best oline on campus. I know they said he played tightend in high school. Maybe I miss read that somewhere.

This is my thing... If we are talking about a 283 pound true freshman who has spent his high school days playing TE being the best offensive lineman on the team right now, how on earth can anyone expect this offensive line to be any better? Or the offense in general for that matter. I mean it's not like we are talking about a 5 star stud coming in and winning the job. We are talking about a undersized kid playing out of his experienced position taking over because nobody else could do any better. I know it's not a popular opinion on here but I feel like the offensive line could potentially be worse.

This is my thing... If we are talking about a 283 pound true freshman who has spent his high school days playing TE being the best offensive lineman on the team right now, how on earth can anyone expect this offensive line to be any better? Or the offense in general for that matter. I mean it's not like we are talking about a 5 star stud coming in and winning the job. We are talking about a undersized kid playing out of his experienced position taking over because nobody else could do any better. I know it's not a popular opinion on here but I feel like the offensive line could potentially be worse.

camrhon Hughes started last year. He was terrible and is now gone. A 3 star actually putting forth effort is better than a 4-5star that got nick named NCAA.

The transition works out better than you expect. Some of Oklahoma's best linemen of the past few years came into the program as tight ends. Lane Johnson ( Top 5 pick) and Gabe Ikard ( All American Center):

The transition works out better than you expect. Some of Oklahoma's best linemen of the past few years came into the program as tight ends. Lane Johnson ( Top 5 pick) and Gabe Ikard ( All American Center):

Big TEs make for great pulling lineman... I know ND is supposed to be great this year, but this game will be an excellent measuring stick for the OL and DL... my issue is how do I watch the Aggies and Horns at the same time... I can do PIP, but I can't do split screen... if the Aggies are on ESPN, I guess I could pull them up on the ipad and LSU on my phone or radio.

Had he put more thought into his statement than "me hate tu" and offered up some logic, I would have considered it an aggie comment and left it alone.

um maybe because ND has a good team this year and Swoopes is garbage. Even all you Texas fans can agree on that. There's you some logic.

Yea but we're they starting at LT freshman year?

Now see, that wasn't so hard was it?

nobody said it was hard. Someone just got hurt that someone doesn't believe in their beloved longhorns. I made a score prediction. no explanation needed. Their recent play on the field does all of the necessary explaining.

I have just got word that Charlie Strong recently gave a former student of mine, walk-on Tyler Templin a full scholarship for his Sr year. Hook 'em Horns!

Ty is very deserving! He'll travel with the team to ND and he's 3rd at the Z WR position. He has a knack for getting open and he catches everything.

Ty is very deserving! He'll travel with the team to ND and he's 3rd at the Z WR position. He has a knack for getting open and he catches everything.

That's what he was known for at Trinity Valley School. Never dropped a pass, always open. He was also the fasted kid on the team as a Sophomore. The kid does not need the scholarship. His family is absolutely loaded and they live in a house that would make the richest neighborhood in ETX jealous.

He also is a perfect student. Extremely smart, and absolutely NEVER did anything that could remotely get him in trouble.

um maybe because ND has a good team this year and Swoopes is garbage. Even all you Texas fans can agree on that. There's you some logic.

I'm doubtful that ND is as good as hyped up. They get that every preseason. They're prolly a 8-4 to 10-2, but I don't think they run the table or end up in the playoff. I think swoopes was thrown into a garbage situation.

nobody said it was hard. Someone just got hurt that someone doesn't believe in their beloved longhorns. I made a score prediction. no explanation needed. Their recent play on the field does all of the necessary explaining.

So by your logic the Aggies can't go from a garbage 100th ranked defense to a talent rich defense that has a lot of depth? Right?