Texas @ Notre Dame Week 1 Preview

JustAFan11

Doubtful as you wouldn't want him to develop laminitis lol. And no, if Texas beats ND then ND is simply once again overrated. I don't think anyone is delusional enough to think Texas beats Baylor of TCU this year. Probably not next year either if Swoopes is still the QB.

Doubtful as you wouldn't want him to develop laminitis lol. And no, if Texas beats ND then ND is simply once again overrated. I don't think anyone is delusional enough to think Texas beats Baylor of TCU this year. Probably not next year either if Swoopes is still the QB.

I don't know... Swoopes may never be a great QB but if he can manage a game, complete short passes and make some timely runs... Then the RBs should be able to do some damage. The defense shouldn't get toasted too many times this yr unless your 3 and outs get a little out of control.

I have just got word that Charlie Strong recently gave a former student of mine, walk-on Tyler Templin a full scholarship for his Sr year. Hook 'em Horns!

that's real cool man!

I'm not counting on the O-line blazing many open gaps for the RBs to get through this year. I would love to be proven wrong though.

same here. I always pull for UT, but this year looks like it could be a long one. the offensive line scares me. God I hope I'm wrong.

Let's just say this young team goes into ND and keeps it close or pulls off an upset. Has some fire lit under them after week one and starts to get an identity. The way TCU played tonight against an ok Minnesota team that was running an up tempo offense and when they really got to moving they gashed the TCU defense. I just hope player for player Texas is better and will run the fast tempo offense a little better then Minnesota. I guess I'm dreaming texas could be 4-1 or 5-0 after week 5??? It could happen!

Let's just say this young team goes into ND and keeps it close or pulls off an upset. Has some fire lit under them after week one and starts to get an identity. The way TCU played tonight against an ok Minnesota team that was running an up tempo offense and when they really got to moving they gashed the TCU defense. I just hope player for player Texas is better and will run the fast tempo offense a little better then Minnesota. I guess I'm dreaming texas could be 4-1 or 5-0 after week 5??? It could happen!

They also could very realistically be 1-4 headed into OU. There are just way too many question marks to accurately predict anything with them right now... We will know more about Texas in the next 48 hours.

Oh come on now. The Irish are over rated every year. They could wind up like south carlina last year. The game can go either way but it's on the road and you got swoopes playing qb. Advantage irish. Texas 's defense will keep them in games.

They are a 10 win team this season. Their only realistic losses are USC (over-rated) and Georgia Tech (under-rated). Notre Dame doesn't have Alabama talent on their roster this season, but it's not inconceivable to think that they could go 12-0...

I'll say this now. ND is NOT overrated. They return a TON of talent from last year. In fact, outside of established qb play, this might be their best team in the last 20 years. Especially defensively. If they have a 8-4 year, it's because they pooped the bed, not because they were overrated. There is a difference.

I'll say this now. ND is NOT overrated. They return a TON of talent from last year. In fact, outside of established qb play, this might be their best team in the last 20 years. Especially defensively. If they have a 8-4 year, it's because they pooped the bed, not because they were overrated. There is a difference.

The exact same comments were made about ND entering the 2009 season. They went 6-6.

That same year, they talked about Jimmy Clausen being the best NFL ready QB entering the season. How did that one turn out?

In addition to having the 'best NFL ready QB' on offense, they also had Golden Tate, Jonas Gray, Michael Floyd, and Kyle Rudolph....Their offense that season ranked 32nd.

Now I'm not saying that I believe ND will go 6-6 again this season. My point is, we've heard all the hype around them before only to see them fail miserably.

Maybe I'm just a hater, but are you guys not worried that a 283 pound 3 star true freshman is the starting LT? I mean I totally get Vahe at guard, but Williams at LT is a little bit of a head scratcher for me.

Hey WET, here's a good article that tries to explain why

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2015/9/4/9256639/texas-longhorns-offensive-line-patrick-vahe-connor-williams