Aggies vs Arizona St

WETSU

Tell us more about this defensive depth. You have our curiosity up

Ok..for the first time they have a solid front 4, each with a backup. Although Daylon Mack is currently listed as 3rd string, he also will be playing. They currently have 7-8 guys who will see playing time on the D line. Linebackers should be set at mike with Josh Walker and Hilliard behind him. Alaka and Shaan Washington at the outside linebacker positions. The only place i'd like to see a little more depth is in the secondary but that was helped out greatly by the JC transfer Justin Evans who has already been pegged as a starter at SS. He and Watts should be an adequate safety duo. Am i sold on the corner position with Brandon Williams and Devante Harris yet? No but Brandon Williams has great size and speed, and we all know the best security for subpar corner play is a good pass rush which should be a strength this year..Does that help?

Dont troll... and Aggies please don't expand...

Don't mean to expand Mav. But if he really was curious, I was really willing to comply and fill him in.

history has 0 to do with this year. Fact of the matter is, this A&M team will be arguably it's most talented team in quite some time and for the first time since Sumlin arrived, it has adequate depth. We all know they will score points on offense. People continue to sell short how badly coached the defense under Snyder was last season and the fact that with an improved defensive philosophy and mechanics(that's the one thing we know for sure will happen under Chavis), A&M will be marginally better. More than depth last year was the fact that I don't know how many times I simply saw missed tackles or just being out of position. How much better the defense will be is yet to be seen, but one would have to be oblivious to think it won't be at least marginally better this season than last.

Same old story every year.... this is out best team EVAR!! Blah blah blah. And sorry bro but until you can prove you can contend in any year, history does matter. Besides the fact that A&M is unranked. So apparently the experts don't think aggy will contend this year either.

Same old story every year.... this is out best team EVAR!! Blah blah blah. And sorry bro but until you can prove you can contend in any year, history does matter. Besides the fact that A&M is unranked. So apparently the experts don't think aggy will contend this year either.

experts? there are "experts" who have A&M picked to win the division, and some at the bottom(granted more). Can't put that much stock into "experts" predictions. There are just a lot of people who don't know what to expect considering how awful the defense was and aren't able to gauge how much better the on field product will be.

Ok..for the first time they have a solid front 4, each with a backup. Although Daylon Mack is currently listed as 3rd string, he also will be playing. They currently have 7-8 guys who will see playing time on the D line. Linebackers should be set at mike with Josh Walker and Hilliard behind him. Alaka and Shaan Washington at the outside linebacker positions. The only place i'd like to see a little more depth is in the secondary but that was helped out greatly by the JC transfer Justin Evans who has already been pegged as a starter at SS. He and Watts should be an adequate safety duo. Am i sold on the corner position with Brandon Williams and Devante Harris yet? No but Brandon Williams has great size and speed, and we all know the best security for subpar corner play is a good pass rush which should be a strength this year..Does that help?

Don't mean to expand Mav. But if he really was curious, I was really willing to comply and fill him in.

Just give him the link to one of the 6 other threads that cover the defense lol...

If we really want to go recent history...

A&M donkey stomps Ariz St. ESPN, FOX etc etc wet their pants. A&M is ranked top 5 and undefeated when conference play starts. Arizona St finishes like 6-6. A&M finishes 7-5. A&M wins the bowl game and is set to win the conference and NC in 2016/17.

How's that history? :D

A&M donkey stomps Ariz St. ESPN, FOX etc etc wet their pants. A&M is ranked top 5 and undefeated when conference play starts. Arizona St finishes like 6-6. A&M finishes 7-5. A&M wins the bowl game and is set to win the conference and NC in 2016/17.

:rofl:

Are you an aggie?

It's a toss up game. One team has a good offense but starting as young oline . The only way A&M gets beat is by the secondary not being so good. I think the Aggies will be vastly improved. The offense will be way more balanced as well.

A not very good secondary getting strung out to dry by an overly aggressive front 7? Hope the RB turns out to be a decent db

LB Aj Hilliard, LB Otaro Alaka, and DT Julien Obioha are all out for tonight's game. This wasn't unexpected with Alaka or Hilliard, but Obioha was expected to start at DT. Daylon Mack will get the majority of the snaps in his place.

A&M needs to work the run game.

I think so too, but Im okay with trying to get a qb in rhythm the first couple of drives. But I think they certainly need to be better.

Asu is sending the house like expected. Really need to stop dropping passes.