Paul Pewitt @ Waskom Week Two

Wild74

Paul Pewitt at Waskom  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

Had a chance to watch some of the Center game film last night. Waskom beat a team that showed to be capable of beating Waskom severely. Why.. Center came our fired up making tackles in the backfield and shut the Waskom O down. Waskom, in my opinion beat them because aggression, tenacity, and physicality has been drilled into them from this coaching staff. For those who think Waskom football will return to the valley of waste, I don't expect it for a while. Pewitt offense may take a beating Friday night but because they are Pewitt they will show up and play hard. Just love this 3A football.

i thought #12 threw better than #4. #4 is just a better athlete. I noticed when I was standing behind the end zone that #4 couldn't see the throw. #12 could.[/quote

4 has better speed 12 had the better arm but number 4 is the one that got moved to receiver and i think number 12 is only sophomore

i thought #12 threw better than #4. #4 is just a better athlete. I noticed when I was standing behind the end zone that #4 couldn't see the throw. #12 could.[/quote

4 has better speed 12 had the better arm but number 4 is the one that got moved to receiver and i think number 12 is only sophomore

yeah 12 came in a made a couple really good passes then got pulled for #2 even though I thought 12 looked better. But 2 may have know the offense a little better and at the time offered more of a running threat.

I'm going to give gentry at least pre season before I make any comments about his coaching

Why? Kumrow and his staff played the same non district last year with a ton of injuries and people were ready to run him off. District is pretty soft aside from HS so they should be good to go.

• Like 1

I wouldn't consider 2nd being lucky. Not everyone lives in the elite world of HS. What 3rd round heroes? Many schools would love to see the playoffs that many years in a row. Wasn't trying to start an argument about playoffs, but stating that Kumrow deserves more respect that he has been given.

Records can be deceiving though. Saw a 2-8 team make the playoffs and go 4 rounds deep. This was back when they first started the big school small school bracket for 4A-5A. They could have been State Champions with a 7-8 Record. Wichita Falls Rider was the school. Then on the Flip Side some people look at a school that goes 22-0 and goes One and Done in the Playoffs and says There's Always A Chance. Just get in!!! Fast Hard Physical. #22

Not exactly, he started in 2013, and got hurt in second game last year and played some in a couple more games. Back up QB threw for something like 2500 yds and won the starting job.

Not sure if I'm doing this right, but lets be clear. He broke his ankle in the second games of last years season, so there was no competition for the starting position. He played on a broke ankle for four weeks, play was very limited very and he would not tell anyone he was hurting because he did not care what position he played he just wanted to play. Also, the offense was changed when he got hurt & the backup qb took over. As far as right now he is still recovering from having bone marrow taken from the bone of his right leg to be put in his broke ankle in addition to 5 screws and a plate. So get your facts straight, he did not loose anything, he suffered an injury. Ryan is an excellent qb, but if your going to comment at least post the truth

Not sure if I'm doing this right, but lets be clear. He broke his ankle in the second games of last years season, so there was no competition for the starting position. He played on a broke ankle for four weeks, play was very limited very and he would not tell anyone he was hurting because he did not care what position he played he just wanted to play. Also, the offense was changed when he got hurt & the backup qb took over. As far as right now he is still recovering from having bone marrow taken from the bone of his right leg to be put in his broke ankle in addition to 5 screws and a plate. So get your facts straight, he did not loose anything, he suffered an injury. Ryan is an excellent qb, but if your going to comment at least post the truth

Lets see ....I said he got hurt....and I said the backup won the starting position. What part of that is not true please tell. I was'nt trying to write a biography.

Lets see ....I said he got hurt....and I said the backup won the starting position. What part of that is not true please tell. I was'nt trying to write a biography.

If your starting QB suffers an injury there is no position to be won. Just the same derogatory tone as always..