Paul Pewitt @ Waskom Week Two

Wild74

Paul Pewitt at Waskom  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

Pewitt will be fine. It's still about blocking and tackling. Execution will come. Can't keep those kids down for long.

I know it helps people to vent on here but It doesn't help the program at all.

They need to believe in the coaches and themselves.

So let me get this straight, when Kumrow was having the same results with less do to injuries (never did a slot t team only have 3 first downs and not sniff the endzone two games in a row, lol) against two teams that were much better last year, He got the same treatment except probably worse. Then new guy comes in and is an embarrassment and we can't say anything? Anyone that thinks the point differential from the past two years tells the story of improvement is not watching the games or in denial.

Respect??? I'm from Pewitt. I can say what I want to say because I know how disrespected Kumrow has been. New guy is a joke. Plain and simple!

pewitt play calling was horrendous. You are In The spread formation yet you run sweeps and QB draws most of the game. Kumrow would've scored a couple tds.

A serious question for someone that want be a smart***, is PP problem a talent issue or a coaching issue this year.

I'm just going to throw this out there, I was listening to the replay of Waskom /Pewitt on Marshall Radio this morning. Idk if the Announcer misquoted the Pewitt coavh or if the Announcer misunderstood the context of the Pewitt coach. But he said before the game the coach had told him he felt like he was dealing with all freshman because he had to start at square 1 because the kids didn't know anything and was doing everything wrong... if that was what was really said all I can do is SMH at the new guy

A serious question for someone that want be a smart***, is PP problem a talent issue or a coaching issue this year.

I'm just going to throw this out there, I was listening to the replay of Waskom /Pewitt on Marshall Radio this morning. Idk if the Announcer misquoted the Pewitt coavh or if the Announcer misunderstood the context of the Pewitt coach. But he said before the game the coach had told him he felt like he was dealing with all freshman because he had to start at square 1 because the kids didn't know anything and was doing everything wrong... if that was what was really said all I can do is SMH at the new guy

Talent is not what it used to be but I also don't believe the coaching is real strong. It's obvious by the coaches talking on the sideline while Waskom is lining up and running a play. Everyone I've talked to has said that if they were still running the old stuff the would at least be 1-1. Don't know if they had enough talent for Waskom. The new guy I'm sure said that. He was also quoted saying. "It's not what they did but how they did it." Make your on take from that.

I need to remind you people that the Slot T lost 52-12 to Arp last year and 63-12 to Waskom. Same record of 0-2 but a score differential of 115-24 vs 50-0. That's 65 points not allowed difference but still 0-2 against the same common opponents.

You do realize the slot-t is an offense, what you mean to say is Kumrow lost the first 2 games 115-24. This guy has only lost 50-0. Well, it will take us four games to score 24 points and probably 5 games to give up 115. Yeah, you are right, it is better.

Tell your buddy the Sup thanks.

I need to remind you people that the Slot T lost 52-12 to Arp last year and 63-12 to Waskom. Same record of 0-2 but a score differential of 115-24 vs 50-0. That's 65 points not allowed difference but still 0-2 against the same common opponents.

You do have to take into consideration the graduates from last years Arp and Waskom Teams though. Waskom's Johnson boys, Carter, and Benton, along with 5 starting linemen. Arp had Marcalas and Hunt and a few other big players as well. Neither have the same fire power as last year and if they did then it would no doubt have been worse for Pewitt in both games so idk if that is necessarily an accurate reasoning. Pewitt is going to be fine this year. New system, coaches, and kids. They played hard last night and when they get all the kinks worked out they will be fine.

I'll admit, that's the first play I've EVER seen ran with no, zero, NATA defense on the field!! When I realized what had happened, my first thought was, "Surely PP had called a time out and I missed it"!! But then again, not near as embarassing as Waskom playing the National Anthem without a flag at start of the game. Kinda bent about that!!

I never said that. HS1988 is a liar. We don't have seconds.

Well JJ maybe I am MISTAKEN, but I'm no liar. I sure thought you said that. Maybe because you use that excuse in almost every game.lol. But YOU calling someone a liar is hilarious. If your nose grew every time you bent the truth on smoaky it would reach Tyler by now. I stand corrected 98.

Well JJ maybe I am MISTAKEN, but I'm no liar. I sure thought you said that. Maybe because you use that excuse in almost every game.lol. But YOU calling someone a liar is hilarious. If your nose grew every time you bent the truth on smoaky it would reach Tyler by now. I stand corrected 98.

Naw it's ok. I think it's gonna be a battle friday. I hope both teams can stay healthy for district.

Jethro is right about the scoring. This year's Pewitt team would have given up bunches of points to last years Waskom offense. They were futile in their attempt to run a spread. Never met Kumrow, but he would have been a strong candidate for coach of the year last year IMHO. That team was playing JV kids most of the year and played EF very tight in the playoff game. They never quit and that program deserved respect. Again, only my opinion.

Jethro is right about the scoring. This year's Pewitt team would have given up bunches of points to last years Waskom offense. They were futile in their attempt to run a spread. Never met Kumrow, but he would have been a strong candidate for coach of the year last year IMHO. That team was playing JV kids most of the year and played EF very tight in the playoff game. They never quit and that program deserved respect. Again, only my opinion.

I agree. Never met the guy but man what that team went thru last year and to accomplish what they did was amazing to me.