Week 2 : Daingerfield vs Malakoff

TigerFaithful

I really think you guys have enough talent to win in 3A. To be honest the Bears are just a tough team. Everyone expected us to fall off after Mack but those that have been following these kids knew better. Daingerfield has a tough preseason schedule but if they can hold it together and not hang their heads they will make noise in district. Good luck Tigers.

Lost 39-14 last year at their place. Their JV group sliced and diced us here at home the same.

Based on last year's results, the inability to defense them either games last year, the defensive play Friday nite against Gladewater, I don't see us with the win against Malakoff.

I'm all about me being proven wrong though.

The gold Tigers are explosive on offense led by a sophomore ab who is a good one and will continue to get better and better

He has 3 legitimate 4.5 receivers who once they get the ball in their hands are home run threats

Rb is also a burner

First game on the new turf I expect the blue Tigers will play hard and be fired up for this contest

I expect a high scoring affair with whoevers defense plays the best winning the game

The gold Tigers are explosive on offense led by a sophomore ab who is a good one and will continue to get better and better

He has 3 legitimate 4.5 receivers who once they get the ball in their hands are home run threats

Rb is also a burner

First game on the new turf I expect the blue Tigers will play hard and be fired up for this contest

I expect a high scoring affair with whoevers defense plays the best winning the game

Was he last year's JV starter?

4th how's Daingerfield jv this year?

The win Thursday was the 20th in row for our JV has not been beat since 2012 season

I do look for that to end this year as we are not near as good as in past two years

Very impressive. Great looking group of athletes you brought over last year.

Kids had a good outing against Gwater last week here at home. Gave up 14 in the 2nd quarter and lost 14-6.

No 9th grade team so there are many freshmen on the team.

I will be interested to see if the Tiger's can improve on last week's performance...... On defense, pass coverage was solid and came away with 2 int's on 8 pass plays... Run defense was atrocious, no gap control and arm tackling from being out of position and not much if any penetration of the line of scrimmage.....

Offensively we moved the ball at times, but inconsistent play calling stalled many drives... We ran the ball better than I expected, but the passing game never got out of the blocks.....

Against off coverage we have to get the ball out to the receivers quickly to allow them space to get up field.....

All in all, I feel that this team has a chance to excel, just have to work out the kinks..... And with this schedule, you have to get better or last week was just the beginning......

Let's go Tiger's..... Keep working....