Bradys Back

cats69

Hope he saved some of that $40 million a year he has been making. I'm not sure he finishes the season...

He knows an awful lot of dirty laundry, it would be hard to get rid of him outright.

Decision looks like the judge didn't say Brady was innocent in anyway, just that the NFL's discipline process is extremely willy-nilly. Basically, Goodell is the worst lawyer in America.

However, if Greg Hardy is thinking about taking his OWN suspension to court to get overturned on the same guidelines...

He knows an awful lot of dirty laundry, it would be hard to get rid of him outright.

Decision looks like the judge didn't say Brady was innocent in anyway, just that the NFL's discipline process is extremely willy-nilly. Basically, Goodell is the worst lawyer in America.

However, if Greg Hardy is thinking about taking his OWN suspension to court to get overturned on the same guidelines...

He may know a lot of dirt, but he is also all about protecting the shield.

If Goodell wants to keep his job, the best thing he can do is hire out someone to be in charge of discipline and in the next CBA work that into the agreement because right now the league will get rolled in the next CBA. They have to make a lot tighter outlines on reasons for discipline and not leave things so vague and open for interpretation. The players are finding these loopholes, and it is making Goodell look even worse.

He may know a lot of dirt, but he is also all about protecting the shield.

If Goodell wants to keep his job, the best thing he can do is hire out someone to be in charge of discipline and in the next CBA work that into the agreement because right now the league will get rolled in the next CBA. They have to make a lot tighter outlines on reasons for discipline and not leave things so vague and open for interpretation. The players are finding these loopholes, and it is making Goodell look even worse.

That's what I'm saying. Goodell will finish out his contract at the very least. Appeal has already been filed against Brady. If the next judge goes strictly by what's written in the CBA and doesn't do a "totes unfair" pout...Brady will miss games later in the year.

That's what I'm saying. Goodell will finish out his contract at the very least. Appeal has already been filed against Brady. If the next judge goes strictly by what's written in the CBA and doesn't do a "totes unfair" pout...Brady will miss games later in the year.

I doubt that, I heard a discussion today on the radio that the NFL appeal will probably drag out a year, or more ,,,

It is looking more and more like Goodell has a very strong owner's coalition to continue this appeal. I've heard several times now that many owners are livid at the Patriots' cheating, including Mara. If it's one owner who can match up to Kraft's influence, it's Mara.

While Brady was let off the hook, the Patriots still lost their draft picks and were still fined.

This is starting to look like the league is trying to make a statement now. Just a little flex of the muscle, and show that they won't be beaten.

While Brady was let off the hook, the Patriots still lost their draft picks and were still fined.

This is starting to look like the league is trying to make a statement now. Just a little flex of the muscle, and show that they won't be beaten.

The Patriots have little recourse. They are not protected by the CBA. They had several employees that removed footballs from their designated area in several games at the least, maybe more. They've also had several strikes against them.

The Patriots have little recourse. They are not protected by the CBA. They had several employees that removed footballs from their designated area in several games at the least, maybe more. They've also had several strikes against them.

No problem with the league going after the Patriots. Like you said, there are several strikes against them.

What I mean by making a statement, was them going after Brady relentlessly. With the plea deal, it seemed like they were trying to get Brady to purger himself in order to get into more trouble. Then again, this may be one of those Michael Jordan retire's to play baseball type deals (Suspended for the year), where Brady maybe did something more but isn't taking a suspension as a consequence.

• 7 months later...

@NFL: U.S. appeals court reinstates Tom Brady's four-game suspension: http://on.nfl.com/1pyjsV3 (via @RapSheet) http://twitter.com/NFL/status/724627542863388672/photo/1

If I've understood the legal-ese correctly, the Appeals court is remanding the decision back to the same judge (maybe?) and telling him to go over the evidence hard this time because he badly flubbed it the last time.

Which, if that's the case, is a big indictment of the judge, who was already looking kinda sleazy when it came out that he was very good buddies with Kraft.