Waskom @ Hughes Springs Sept 11th

Wild74

Waskom @ Hughes Springs  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Waskom has beaten Hughes Springs 2 years in a roll, will it be three?

Think both of y'all smoking outta the same butt, I mean pipe. You might ought to be hopin a "rugby" match doesn't break out like the one last time we were in the mini-horse farm. Sure you remember the "rugby" push for a pickup of about fifteen yards and first down. Strength, determination, team work - still got it!!

Excuse me for being real for a moment. This year's Waskom wouldn't make a patch for last year's Waskoms britches. That being said, last year's rugby push was last year. This year, I don't see many rugby pushes for this game. We will see.

Some stats from ETSN.

HS vs Arp: Rushing- Malik Chism 268yds

Gabe Dubose 177yds

Shamori Ivory 100yds

Recieving- Austin King 33yd td

Waskom vs PP: Rushing- Chan Amie 87yds

Kaleb Haynes 58yds

Recieving-Trey Stephens 111yd

Not complete. HS had other ball carriers with yardage as I'm sure Waskom did.

It's only Tuesday, by Friday this should be good.

+1
  • Like 1

So before I lay me down to sleep, how many points against Waskom will HS score this week? Not 50 I venture to say, I see a defensive battle along the way.

I don't care as long as it's 1 more than Waskom... but to be serious I think they can score 40 seriously

So before I lay me down to sleep, how many points against Waskom will HS score this week? Not 50 I venture to say, I see a defensive battle along the way.

These kids are just getting wound up Ring. And got some defensive returners back this week to shore up that run D. 50 would not shock me. Offensively, HS is on a way different level than last year and will only get better. We will see.

Nope, we'd have got it called back for holding... better yet I'm sure one the officials would have blew a inadvertent whistle

I hear ya, we scored three TDs in the fourth and had first and goal for about 12 plays and never put a point on the board. I swear some of those flags came out of the stands. You think as much as we pay the officials we could get a call go our way once in awhile.😉

Honestly, asside from #15, Waskom doesn't seem to have any Rbs even close to Arp's 3 rushers. I don't see Waskom staying close or slowing HS offense much. I think we could see a combination of just how improved HS is and how far Waskom has declined after losing those magical talents they HAD.