Elysian Fields @ West Sabine - Week 3

BigDave

Course the last time I was on it was in 1976, lol!

The hills in Sabine County have grown in the last 40 years Dave. Seriously, the field has a high crown with not a lot of drainage off the sidelines. They had to cancel a game with Tenaha in '13 because the hash marks were under water. Tru storie.

The field is in good shape. The game in 2013 that you mention was the only time I can ever recall that happening. We got like 4-6 inches of rain that day. WS is most certainly the underdog in this game, but we need a game or two like this before heading into district. I hate that it is such a long drive and wish EF folks safe travels.

The field is in good shape. The game in 2013 that you mention was the only time I can ever recall that happening. We got like 4-6 inches of rain that day. WS is most certainly the underdog in this game, but we need a game or two like this before heading into district. I hate that it is such a long drive and wish EF folks safe travels.

This year I agree, last year it was a toss up who would win the game. It should be a good game, and hopefully help both teams improve before district starts. This will be our last game before district, we are in an 8 team district.

SJ, I hear we probably better get there early to get seats, the visitor side stands are limited. Saw a picture of Hemphills band sitting on the track to make room for their fans. But that's a big rivalry game for them kind of like our Waskom game so it may be okay, I doubt we have a bunch there due to the travel distance.

SJ, I hear we probably better get there early to get seats, the visitor side stands are limited. Saw a picture of Hemphills band sitting on the track to make room for their fans. But that's a big rivalry game for them kind of like our Waskom game so it may be okay, I doubt we have a bunch there due to the travel distance.

Should be plenty of room Dav, the WS Hemphill game is bigger than homecoming. I think there will be plenty of room. If it gets tight there is plenty of good room for chairs if u want to bring one. Do u guys travel well enough to justify a concessions stand on the visitor side. Remember, we are small and only have one concessions stand on the home side, but if ur bringing a fairly large crowd I will get you guys set up with a stand on your side????? It's no trouble at all, really it would benefit us.

Yeah I figured that was the big show of the year for y'all or Hemphill, it being the county championship and all. I would be surprised if we have a really large crowd that far away this early in the year. But you never know, hope it will be a good turnout to support the team. I think it's going to be a pretty good game myself. As far as the concessions go, we do eat a lot so it might be economically beneficial to have it, more likely to use it if it's handy, don't go out of the way on my say so though! Lol. I was driving by last weekend and noticed the visitor bleachers, then saw the pics of the band on the track, and got worried SJ and I would have to scramble for the primo seats available, lol! Thanks for the hospitality though!

You just need to roll up to HS, I'll save ya seat and throw in a corndog