Targeting Of Ref By Players During Friday Game

Stoney

This incident reminds me of the attack on America's police officers, instead of focusing on the behavior of the "criminals" some are trying to shift the blame to the referee .... My opinion is the accusation against the official is more than likely just a smoke screen to shift blame ....

None of it had anything to do with the referee, people just are too scared to blame kids for anything...

• Like 1

Wether you can or can't label them "thugs", they were dang sure acting like thugs, and like the worst kind of thugs. The kind of thugs that are chicken c rap and attack an unsuspecting person. Bottom line, don't want to be called a thug? Don't act like one.

I respect your opinion and logic.was just defending myself against the posters questioning my morals b/c I don't want to put that label on them.

They should both be rewarded now that we know that EVIL NO GOOD Ref had the nerve to assault those two little angels with nasty racial epithets. I propose that the Ref be sent to a North Korean reeducation Camp and we have Parades for those two brave brave kids for having been offended. I propose that the Coach that inspired them to blindside the Ref go immediately to the THSCA Hall of Honor.

There is NO excuse for racism. ANYTIME ANYWHERE ANYONE says that they are a victim of racism they are totally right and the person who committed the racism is guilty of offending them.

ESPECIALLY when there is NO evidence that the racism EVER occurred.

Has anyone contacted Al Sharpton so he can come counsel those poor "utes"?

• Like 1

This incident reminds me of the attack on America's police officers, instead of focusing on the behavior of the "criminals" some are trying to shift the blame to the referee .... My opinion is the accusation against the official is more than likely just a smoke screen to shift blame .... from what I have heard, the ref involved is being slandered and has never been involved in anything like this before .... it he were using racial slurs, there would have been previous complaints ...

This nation started it's slip to hell when we started being concerned with WHY thugs and scum committed their criminal acts, instead of getting them off the streets and punishing them for said acts.......

• Like 2

Absolutely no evidence to support the claim by the players. Even if true, the use of force as evidenced by these players is not justified in response to verbal provocation alone.

This incident reminds me of the attack on America's police officers, instead of focusing on the behavior of the "criminals" some are trying to shift the blame to the referee .... My opinion is the accusation against the official is more than likely just a smoke screen to shift blame .... from what I have heard, the ref involved is being slandered and has never been involved in anything like this before .... it he were using racial slurs, there would have been previous complaints ...

Well said KF!!!!

You know if them 'ol boys had been hitting all game like they hit the referee they might not have been so bitter about a couple of calls not going their way! I still been looking in the rules and caint find weres you caint knock the fudge out the back-judge

Any referee making racial slurs directed at players would be quickly exposed and reported and wouldn't be officiating very long. An official would have to be stupd to think he could get away with this type of behavior. This man had been officiating for a while and if this allegation had any merit, it would have been already known ...

Any referee making racial slurs directed at players would be quickly exposed and reported and wouldn't be officiating very long. An official would have to be stupd to think he could get away with this type of behavior. This man had been officiating for a while and if this allegation had any merit, it would have been already known ...

It is easy for them to accuse the ref of doing that because it is his word against theirs. What they did was on video for all to see.

I don't know if the ref said anything racial and you may be right but there's a first time for everything and if this is not at least investigated it sets the wrong precedent.I just don't think it should be automatically dismissed. My opinion isn't very popular on this thread but I'm consistent all around. Not passing judgment on the ref till I hear more. If he said something racial it will come out from other players who also heard it other than the two.

I don't know if the ref said anything racial and you may be right but there's a first time for everything and if this is not at least investigated it sets the wrong precedent.I just don't think it should be automatically dismissed. My opinion isn't very popular on this thread but I'm consistent all around. Not passing judgment on the ref till I hear more. If he said something racial it will come out from other players who also heard it other than the two.

the two thugs committed a criminal act and should be punished.....WHY they did it is irrelevant.......

the two thugs committed a criminal act and should be punished.....WHY they did it is irrelevant.......

The why is relevant bc all parties who did wrong deserve to be punished. Also the why is important to prevent this from happening again. Punishment is after the fact. In the big picture of thing the why is always relevant.

The why is relevant bc all parties who did wrong deserve to be punished. Also the why is important to prevent this from happening again. Punishment is after the fact. In the big picture of thing the why is always relevant.

I agree with part of what you say, but these kid's action are character issues which won't go away just because officials don't make any remarks to them and it hasn't been proven the ref did anything wrong. The fact that this kid also hit a defenseless QB on next play tells me a lot about his character and also pretty much tells me this slam of the ref is just a way of making the kids look like victims.

Regardless of what an official does or says or what a coach tells you to do, a kid with any good character refuses to resort to any retaliation period!

• Like 1

.... that reminds me of the false "hand up don't shoot" myth, some of the other players may very well back up the alleged false accusations against the ref ...

The game is in San Antonio... the ball is not round and high schools generally dont use any nets... I doubt the attendance at that game was so big that if a ref was using racial slurs that both sides would not hear it. Even at some of the crazy Marshall games I was at, we could still hear generally what the ref was saying to players from the sideline.

But the coaches I have worked with always told the players "Do your job, let me handle the refs." In our coaches meetings, Harris would tell the coaches "You let me talk to the refs, you take care of our players." Clearly there was a disconnect or a message not getting through here also...

I agree with part of what you say, but these kid's action are character issues which won't go away just because officials don't make any remarks to them and it hasn't been proven the ref did anything wrong. The fact that this kid also hit a defenseless QB on next play tells me a lot about his character and also pretty much tells me this slam of the ref is just a way of making the kids look like victims.

Regardless of what an official does or says or what a coach tells you to do, a kid with any good character refuses to resort to any retaliation period!

I actually agree with you on the character part but character is a running issue with kids in the inner citites.

The game is in San Antonio... the ball is not round and high schools generally dont use any nets... I doubt the attendance at that game was so big that if a ref was using racial slurs that both sides would not hear it. Even at some of the crazy Marshall games I was at, we could still hear generally what the ref was saying to players from the sideline.

But the coaches I have worked with always told the players "Do your job, let me handle the refs." In our coaches meetings, Harris would tell the coaches "You let me talk to the refs, you take care of our players." Clearly there was a disconnect or a message not getting through here also...

The game was in Marble Falls, not SA. So the visitor stands probably didn't have more than 200 people in it

Wrong....a criminal act was committed....punishment should be dealt out.....end of story.......it only became relevant when you pinko hippies started growing up and getting politically involved......

• Like 1

Wrong....a criminal act was committed....punishment should be dealt out.....end of story.......it only became relevant when you pinko hippies started growing up and getting politically involved......

Is a hate crime not a criminal act? I'm not saying that actually happened since I haven't seen any evidence for or against, but snap judgements usually don't lead to good results.

+1

Put the blame where it goes, with the players, plain and simple... even if the ref did say something, does that make it okay for them to target him?? just like you said....Colmesneilfan1..... pinko hippies are what is wrong with this country... nobody is responsible for their actions anymore, someone else is.....

I did it because..... its not my fault..... he called me a name.... :crybaby:

Is a hate crime not a criminal act? I'm not saying that actually happened since I haven't seen any evidence for or against, but snap judgements usually don't lead to good results.

All crimes are "hate crimes"...the only reason there is a "special" designation is because you pinkos wanted division, not unity.......

• Like 2