New Boston @ Pewitt

brahmas1

Pewitt plays like they did Last night they will be fine. Passing game will take some time.

If the ground game is working don't even try to find the passing game. Just use the pass enough that they won't stack the box. Or do like we did the last couple of years and let them stack and hit them for a long td pass.

I can't really make a prediction as I NB has played three good 4A teams. The NB offense has moved the ball well in the 1st two games and struggled against a really good Pitt defense.

This will be a test to see what NB will do the rest of the way out. If NB struggles to put points on the board then I think the NB coaches should start thinking about changing the offensive scheme by district time.

I can't really make a prediction as I NB has played three good 4A teams. The NB offense has moved the ball well in the 1st two games and struggled against a really good Pitt defense.

This will be a test to see what NB will do the rest of the way out. If NB struggles to put points on the board then I think the NB coaches should start thinking about changing the offensive scheme by district time.

I dont think the change needs to wait, its brutaly obvious NB does not have the RB's / O-lineman from years before. NO WAY NB is a smash mouth, run it down your throat offense this year. The change needs to happen NOW!

NB is just way down. I don't know what the best O for them is. The off season was not good for the Lions with them loseing some of their quicker players for a terrible reason. Injurys kill when you start with no depth also. The boys just have to put heart in it and improve as the season progresses. They will compete in district and might even make the playoffs baron the injury bug on down the road. I missed the Pitt game but some say they played a decent game especially early. See um Friday

we have people saying the offense if moving the ball well and people saying the offense needs to change now. LOL What exactly are they supposed to change it too?

Just trying to be positive. Moving the ball and scoring points are not necessary compatible.

Its hard yet to read how well the offense will do as NB has played three tough 4A teams. Only scoring 14 points in 3 games isn't encouraging. The real test to the NB traditional offense will be Pewitt and Dekalb.

It's obvious that NB doesn't have the break out speed as in years past. And the QB - receivers are still trying to get in sync.

I was at the Pitt game and even though the pirates looked sluggish on offense , I thought the Lions played with heart and kept playing hard. New Boston has always played Pitt hard and this was no exception. Pitt's defense was too much for them but for a team that has been beaten before by a lot, I thought they came out of this game with a little more confidence. They will do well in their district if they can cure the injury bug.

I was at the Pitt game and even though the pirates looked sluggish on offense , I thought the Lions played with heart and kept playing hard. New Boston has always played Pitt hard and this was no exception. Pitt's defense was too much for them but for a team that has been beaten before by a lot, I thought they came out of this game with a little more confidence. They will do well in their district if they can cure the injury bug.

+1

Can somebody explain to me exactly what Pewitt's doing offensively these days? I haven't seen a game since they went to the spread, but my understanding is that they're still a very run-heavy team. So, are they going out of a pistol or running a two-back option or what? Hard for me to imagine a 1-back spread being as run oriented as I'm hearing.

Can somebody explain to me exactly what Pewitt's doing offensively these days? I haven't seen a game since they went to the spread, but my understanding is that they're still a very run-heavy team. So, are they going out of a pistol or running a two-back option or what? Hard for me to imagine a 1-back spread being as run oriented as I'm hearing.

Well bring your butt on this week and check it out.