New Boston @ Pewitt

brahmas1

I am going with NB. And the Lion nation needs to be VERY concerned. My picking someone is the surest sign in the world that they will not only lose but will get four or five people hurt and a coaches dog get run over. I am the ultimate in bad luck.

Dang BCP!! Sure hope your "SIGN" doesn't hold up!!

I am going with NB. And the Lion nation needs to be VERY concerned. My picking someone is the surest sign in the world that they will not only lose but will get four or five people hurt and a coaches dog get run over. I am the ultimate in bad luck.

I know some people that you need to send a birthday card.

Of course my way to ward off bad luck is to play country music backwards.

Since when did anyone ever say you have to pass most of the time out of the spread? I think Pewitt will pass more this year, but they will still be a run oriented team. Last Friday they only passed a couple of times but they didn't have to. I would say they took what Jefferson gave them. Isn't that what a good team does? I am sure that as the season goes on they will pass more but if you are expecting them to air it out most of the time you are going to be disappointed. JMO

Since when did anyone ever say you have to pass most of the time out of the spread? I think Pewitt will pass more this year, but they will still be a run oriented team. Last Friday they only passed a couple of times but they didn't have to. I would say they took what Jefferson gave them. Isn't that what a good team does? I am sure that as the season goes on they will pass more but if you are expecting them to air it out most of the time you are going to be disappointed. JMO

Coach you don't have to explain yourself. Lol. When Arp and Waskom gave you the pass did you pass? I believe that's a no. So were you not a good team then? Just curious.

Obviously it does need explaining because for several weeks lots of people have been commenting on our spread offense and passing the ball. I was just making the point that the spread is just another formation that a team lines up in. Just like you can pass out of the wing-t, you can run out of the spread. Lots of people seem to think that Pewitt abandoned the running game this year and that not accurate. I also never said Pewitt was a good team, I said taking what the defense gives you is what a good team does. Against Arp and Waskom the run wasn't working very well so we tried some passes to open up things up a bit. Again, isn't that what "good" teams are supposed to do? Unfortunately in those two games nothing worked, offense was terrible. Progress is being made, time will tell how good they are. I do believe that Pewitt will make a lot of noise in their "weak" district. I'm not saying they are great, or good (yet) but they are much better than a lot of people are giving them credit for.

Obviously it does need explaining because for several weeks lots of people have been commenting on our spread offense and passing the ball. I was just making the point that the spread is just another formation that a team lines up in. Just like you can pass out of the wing-t, you can run out of the spread. Lots of people seem to think that Pewitt abandoned the running game this year and that not accurate. I also never said Pewitt was a good team, I said taking what the defense gives you is what a good team does. Against Arp and Waskom the run wasn't working very well so we tried some passes to open up things up a bit. Again, isn't that what "good" teams are supposed to do? Unfortunately in those two games nothing worked, offense was terrible. Progress is being made, time will tell how good they are. I do believe that Pewitt will make a lot of noise in their "weak" district. I'm not saying they are great, or good (yet) but they are much better than a lot of people are giving them credit for.

Please tell me this is not a coach! You are already letting a few smoaky comments get to you? It is one thing to come on here and defend an athlete, but to come and defend yourself, really? Either you believe in what you are doing or don't! Start arguing with naysayers on smoaky and your blood pressure is going to go way up, when you should be spending time working on that run heavy offense. Pretty sure Buddy Ray won't gift wrap your W the way Jefferson did. Where is your focus coach? You or your student athletes?

Please tell me this is not a coach! You are already letting a few smoaky comments get to you? It is one thing to come on here and defend an athlete, but to come and defend yourself, really? Either you believe in what you are doing or don't! Start arguing with naysayers on smoaky and your blood pressure is going to go way up, when you should be spending time working on that run heavy offense. Pretty sure Buddy Ray won't gift wrap your W the way Jefferson did. Where is your focus coach? You or your student athletes?

True dat!

Why is that every loud mouth on here starts accusing everyone who defends a different opinion than theirs of being a coach? I am a fan just like the next guy who doesn't completely agree with all the negative things that are being said about Pewitts team. I have simply made a few points and given a few opinions, if that is all it takes to be considered a high school football coach there's a lot of them on here!!!!!

• Like 1

And I am not defending anyone. I'm pretty sure you can't change a know it all's mind! However, there are probably a lot of people on here who never post and read this because they love high school football. I have simply stated another view of things than the naysayers have. There are always two sides to every coin.

I ain't no coach. I just posted using "I" and "we" as a sarcastic response to being called "coach". I'd have no respect for a coach on here posting with a bunch of knuckle heads!

I ain't no coach. I just posted using "I" and "we" as a sarcastic response to being called "coach". I'd have no respect for a coach on here posting with a bunch of knuckle heads!

I ain't no coach. I just posted using "I" and "we" as a sarcastic response to being called "coach". I'd have no respect for a coach on here posting with a bunch of knuckle heads! I ain't no coach. I just posted using "I" and "we" as a sarcastic response to being called "coach". I'd have no respect for a coach on here posting with a bunch of knuckle heads!

Wow, I don't think I called or implied that anyone was/wasn't a coach. I posted about my experiences, nothing more, nothing less.

I am excited to see how we do. Great bunch of kids and coaches, but I am a little biased.

That wasn't a shot at you coach. Lombardi calls me coach so I started posting like one. I was just clarifying and adding to the discussion. I understood completely what you meant.

Lol! So you stayed at a holiday inn express last night??!! Make sure you run when you are suppose to run and pass when you are suppose to pass Friday coach!