New Boston @ Pewitt

brahmas1

4 NB players were out with concussions. 3 went by ambulance. The NB QB ended up with a mild concussion and didn't have to go to the hospital.

I'm not sure we will have a team left by district.

Prayers for all of the kids.

New Boston coaches have their hands full trying to put the right players in the right spots in addition to injuries and kids quitting.

This season will probably make DF last season look good.

In 4 games

Opponents 185

New Boston 14

Personally I would like to see the best players on the team going both ways. And maybe look at switching to a different offensive scheme as we just don't have the speed to make our traditional offense score points.

Hope all the kids who left the game last night for NB are ok this morning. I understand it's frustrating when you have a season like this. From what I saw NB has plenty of Hosses left in the stable. Just gotta get them going in the right direction and working as a unit. From my view point NB was much larger on the line and at the linebacker position than PP. Hopefully yall will get it together in time for district.

• Like 1

If Pewitt were running the Slot T it would be 40 -0! LMAO

You are probably right! Next week at halftime let's see if you post something on Smoaky. You will hopefully be making adjustments coach! Played two decent teams and got whipped and then played two poor teams and win big. This week will show how much progress the offense has made.

Lol I think I need to go back to week 0 and pull up those quotes from all those pewit fans trashing the coaches. Lol. All I gotta say is told yall pewit was gonna be fine. They got a lot of talent. Just need to keep working.

Pull them up!! The kids Pewitt had coming back were going to be really good!! Last year they were in the same boat that it sounds like NB is in right now. It cost Kumrow. New guy comes in loaded with some kids that can play and they should win some games. I still believe that with these kids running the slot they would have hammered arp. Waskom not so much. The last two weeks they've turned the corner it seems but two very poor teams were playing them. These kids are a result of kumrows off seasons since they were in 7th grade. New guy is getting a lot of credit for a car he didn't build. He should win with the kids he has.

Just can't please some people. Lose to two very good teams and the head coach and the offense are trash. Win big over two teams from a larger classification who are down a little and it's all luck. Say whatever you want, but we won't be 3 and 7 this year and I don't think we will be playing for the 3rd or 4th spot in district.

Just can't please some people. Lose to two very good teams and the head coach and the offense are trash. Win big over two teams from a larger classification who are down a little and it's all luck. Say whatever you want, but we won't be 3 and 7 this year and I don't think we will be playing for the 3rd or 4th spot in district.

That's the point. Pewitt shouldn't be 3-7 and battling for the 3rd and 4th spot with the kids that they had coming back!!! Pewitt is not in a rebuilding year!! They had 9 kids coming back on defense from last year!!

And just for the record, no one take my positive support for Pewitt as a sign of disrespect for Coach Kumrow and all the things he has done for our school. A finer man you will not meet. I can't change who is the head coach for Pewitt or what offense they run but I can support them when they do positive things. And I won't be on here bashing them making personal attacks if things aren't going like "I" think they should.

Hope all the kids who left the game last night for NB are ok this morning. I understand it's frustrating when you have a season like this. From what I saw NB has plenty of Hosses left in the stable. Just gotta get them going in the right direction and working as a unit. From my view point NB was much larger on the line and at the linebacker position than PP. Hopefully yall will get it together in time for district.

No disrespect to PP, but from what I saw the hosses have left the stable in NB. Pewitt played well, but it is hard to believe how far NB has appeared to fall so quickly.

Hopefully all the players from NB will be ok and return soon.

Pull them up!! The kids Pewitt had coming back were going to be really good!! Last year they were in the same boat that it sounds like NB is in right now. It cost Kumrow. New guy comes in loaded with some kids that can play and they should win some games. I still believe that with these kids running the slot they would have hammered arp. Waskom not so much. The last two weeks they've turned the corner it seems but two very poor teams were playing them. These kids are a result of kumrows off seasons since they were in 7th grade. New guy is getting a lot of credit for a car he didn't build. He should win with the kids he has.

You have blamed lack of talent more than once. Now we are loaded with talent. Just like being an antagonist. Oh wait a minute, you are a God almighty realist.........

Be happy for the kids and move on.

I don't know what team you saw from NB. But I saw 5 or 6 linemen over 6 feet tall pushing 250 to 300 pounds. Wideouts well over 6 feet tall and what looked like an NFL sized linebacker. NB had the same QB as last year if I'm not mistaken. Did they play great last night, no but to say that they have nothing to work with in my opinion is just not accurate. Many reasons why a 17 year old kid doesn't do what they are supposed to. NB will be ok.

You have blamed lack of talent more than once. Now we are loaded with talent. Just like being an antagonist. Oh wait a minute, you are a God almighty realist.........

Be happy for the kids and move on.

You are correct they don't have the talent they use to have that's evident!! But they should be better than 3-7 with the kids they had coming back! Talent drops off some more after this year, it happens! Realist I am. Just like I know it's real that Jefferson isn't very good this year and NB has the same problem Pewitt had last year. Happy for the kids but I also believe that they would be better if they were still running the slot t. You "worked" for the slot t guru and then Reggie so you be honest with yourself and everyone else on here and tell us if you think Pewitt would be better on the slot this year?

I don't know what team you saw from NB. But I saw 5 or 6 linemen over 6 feet tall pushing 250 to 300 pounds. Wideouts well over 6 feet tall and what looked like an NFL sized linebacker. NB had the same QB as last year if I'm not mistaken. Did they play great last night, no but to say that they have nothing to work with in my opinion is just not accurate. Many reasons why a 17 year old kid doesn't do what they are supposed to. NB will be ok.

I guess it depends on ones definition of ok.

Pewitt defense is fast and physical. The way they played against Arp and Waskom had me thinking they were better than what most people were giving them credit for. Going into the Jefferson game I figured if they could generate any offense they would be alright. It surprised me the way they handled Jefferson, especially with the trouble Jefferson gave EF.

IMO Pewitt will make things difficult for the M Jackets, an upset, probably not, but believe they will represent District 7 very well.

If as was said that NB does not have the speed to execute their offense I do not know what offense you are thinking of that will make things different. NB has been running an "I" offense for the last several years for the most part. You could switch to some sort of Spread Offense but to do that you BETTER have even more speed and athletes than what you have running the "I". For one thing to be a good Spread team you need a QB that is both a Run and Throwing threat and I do not know if NB has that kid. The only other options I can think of (no Pun intended) is to switch to the Flex Bone like Winnsboro or Redwater use but that is not an offense you want to start running in week 5. Option Football requires reps reps reps to get it down. And once again you STILL need an excellent "dealer" at QB AND a good FB to make it work. Other than that you could run some sort of Wing T or Slot T offense but like the others it still requires a certain type of athlete at certain positions to make it go.

Every man in America thinks he can do two things better than any other man; Grill and call Offense. It ain't that easy folks. You do not change your offense in the middle of the season because it is REALLY hard to do that and reeks of desperation. The last thing you want to do is give your kids the feeling that their Coaches are panicking.
There is no easy fix to what NB is going through. Injuries will cause ANY offense to sputter. I recommend that NB keeps on doing what they are doing. Their Coaching Staff has been dang good to the tune of having the BEST years in NB football history in recent years. They did not forget how to coach Football between last year and this year.

All you can really do in this situation is to tighten your chin strap, grit your teeth, and keep on going.

Changing offenses at this point is not going to fix anything.

I disagree. Right now we are looking at going 0-10. So changing the offense now to benefit our lack of speed is the best route. And that offense is the option offense. Here is the definition for those that might not know why the option offense is used: "Because they are run-based, option offenses are very effective in managing the game clock, giving the opposing team less time to score and keeping the team's defense from tiring."

We just don't have the speed that we have had in the past 10 years. Why do you think all the military academies run the option offenses?

Defensively I believe we need to put our best athletes on the field going both ways and substitute freely to give those guys a break. Typically the QB has played defense so I would like to see NB's QB somewhere in the defense.

We have 2 weeks until district. No time like the present. ;)

You are correct they don't have the talent they use to have that's evident!! But they should be better than 3-7 with the kids they had coming back! Talent drops off some more after this year, it happens! Realist I am. Just like I know it's real that Jefferson isn't very good this year and NB has the same problem Pewitt had last year. Happy for the kids but I also believe that they would be better if they were still running the slot t. You "worked" for the slot t guru and then Reggie so you be honest with yourself and everyone else on here and tell us if you think Pewitt would be better on the slot this year?

News flash for ya, Coaches get replaced, players get replaced, offenses change. The program is bigger than any one person, isn't that what we wanted when we played/coached? Do I like the slot -t? Hell yes I do, but I no longer matter. We seem to be racking up the yards on the ground and guess what, we can actually throw! Maybe you doubted what makes Pewitt special. I don't remember a lot of great "athletes",but I remember a bunch of kids that gave myself and the other coaches all they had.

And Reggie is still very much there. I watched him bring the o-line over to him, break out his white board and go to work. I watched him point at my kid and get all over him. Brought a smile to my face. I look forward to your rebuttal, and why don't you let us know who we are talking to. A man with all the answers surely shouldn't hide behind a screen name. Own it my friend, own it.