Waskom 3-0 @ EF 2-1

Wild74

All Time Series EF 36 Waskom 33 Tie 3  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who Starts District 1-0

The speed factor will some into play, and as in years past, feel as though the Catz still retain (overall) much more than the rest. I'm thinking defensively, Waskom is ahead of where they were at this point last year. It's scary to think of them improving with each week to come, but thus far, they have. I'm sure that Coach K. has some tricks up his sleeve that we've not seen yet. Gonna be a fun District campaign. Major concern is avoiding injuries. I'm sure that this goes for every team in District. Injuries to the right couple or three men on your team could really "do a number" on your season. Waskom has been blessed of late in that regard. Hope to continue. The advent of the passing game into the scheme really works well, and the difference this year is that Waskom can chunk it with confidence this year. Not just heave a "Hail Mary" towards the goal line and hope our guy s run under it!! :) Luckily it worked in the past, but it sure was scary sitting there watching it develop!! Naw, probably won't EVER see four or five 1000 yard rushers on the same team again, but we have the chance to have several if the numbers keep piling up as they have thus far. With a win Friday night, we SHOULD be looking at, at the least, a second place finish in District. This of course depends on the outcome of our game with JJ's Boyz!! West Rusk is a team to be reckoned with. Handled them pretty easily last year, but this is a new year. "Homecoming" vs Frankston COULD be interesting. They didn't go down last year without a fight, and their QB is chunking the rock pretty well. Hope we can cover "Bean" on that middle screen better than we did last year. They won't beat us on the outside, and the QB had better remember to tighten up that flack jacket!! ;)

• Like 1

I really dont think ef is going handle waskom either way.. after this game tho im rootin for yall ef.. yall have a great team an will do well.. hope both teams stsy injury free.

W. 42

Ef. 28.

Amie 23 tackles

3 sacks

reason right behind him..

Got a couple of :Johnson" boys that are right up there with them in the "sack" department. As in years past, too many weapons, both offensively AND defensively.

They wouldn't have to lay an egg to lose, bad hop, fumble, interception, could be the difference and not necessarily an egg. If you go waaaay back and look it have said that I didn't think EF deserved top ranking in district.

I remember that. Just because i always thought you was as big of a homer as JJ is and i was kinda shocked that come from you. But none the less, it reassured me that EF was probable more than a little bit over rated this year.

If my memory serves me correctly, #15 might have came out of the game but didn't stay out and had one heck of a game...Some people would rather look good and lose then to look bad and win! I know, it must have been your boy that put a decent hit on him and that is the only thing you choose to remember about last yrs game! Hope your boy still plays so Mr. Amie can get reacquainted with him. lol

Will explain it in detail this Friday...Some of the kids showboat and try to look good to the crowd but dont really do anything

on the field...That is one example of looking good...If you can back it up thats one thing but EF isn't backing much up...I guarantee

at least a three td win although I would prefer a 5 td win! At the beginning of the season we were suppose to be third in district and not really holding much but look at us now...Seems like were the team to beat again!

Waskom is the SHOW in 3A div II in north East Texas. This week will validate that. AS i said before season started we Waskom had a program in place that will create victory. we held them to their lowest point total in our classification in the last three years. they grind on both sides of the ball. Waskom by 3tds. That said I sense a Possible rematch in the title game this year.

• Like 1

We all know that speed kills...With that being said EF wont hurt anyone for a long time! lol

I don't know about that but EF has enough speed to compete but why did it take Waskom so long to get some speed it ain't like y'alls speed been killing anybody just til the past couple of seasons