Waskom 3-0 @ EF 2-1

Wild74

All Time Series EF 36 Waskom 33 Tie 3  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who Starts District 1-0

Congratulations to Waskom, they dominated every phase of the game. I agree with those who have said that the defense is better than last year. I think the offense is only slightly behind last year, and may get there as the season goes on. I think ya'll could very possibly challenge for another championship. I guess we all know what the polls are worth now. No excuses guys (even though I know ya'll want some). EF will have to strive for a second place finish in district and hopefully have some success in the play-offs. I don't see Waskom getting really challenged until maybe the semi- finals.

I don't think I ever said we would defeat Waskom, but if I got some crow coming I would like it BBQ, cause Waskom is pretty good at BBQ right know.

Note: I would not have Aimee in the game in trash time, he is way to valuable to take a chance on getting hurt for nothing. His running style reminds me a little of Shock Linwood, his ticket to D1 could be as a RB possibly. Look what Baylor did to Linwood. Good Luck ... hope to get to play ya'll again in the play-offs, because it would be a good season for EF to get that far.

LSUTIGERS.....it's past your bed time.......mine too.

It's all good SJ!

I will def go along with other Wildcaters on here and say your qb is a tough one cause he kept coming even after I thought he wouldn't! Now we have to keep focused cause West Rusk is better than people think! Sure would love to go to the big dance again!

Our boys need to focus on one game at a time.

Don't know what to think of the game, Waskom just played their best football of the season in my view. It was important to get EF down early and keep the passing game off track as EF could score quickly. I am glad to see Waskom play with EF the last three years, while the last 5 years even though EF won in 2011 & 2012 in close games. Losing to EF 19 out of 20 years was hard to take. I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. Good luck on the rest of the season and who knows we may meet again.

The main reason Waskom won in my opinion was coaching. EF got out coached. Waskom was organized in everything they did. Coming on the field, off the field, during timeouts, on the sidelines, and probably the bus ride over.

EF had a good coach a few years ago. Wht did he leave? Couldn't get along with the fence line coaching staff?

Have no idea. I'm not an "insider" or in the know.

EF still has a good coach, but they also have a school board and a few "last" names in the community that run the show. I mean think about it, 3 yrs ago they interviewed for the AD position for months. Got down to the final two and end up hiring a coach that nobody even knew was in the race, but you can believe "somebody" knew he was in the race. That's how things are done in EF and that's why kids are leaving. Waskom & EF are only minutes apart, but the school and programs are worlds apart.

• Like 1

EF still has a good coach, but they also have a school board and a few "last" names in the community that run the show. I mean think about it, 3 yrs ago they interviewed for the AD position for months. Got down to the final two and end up hiring a coach that nobody even knew was in the race, but you can believe "somebody" knew he was in the race. That's how things are done in EF and that's why kids are leaving. Waskom & EF are only minutes apart, but the school and programs are worlds apart.

Thats interesting..

I will def go along with other Wildcaters on here and say your qb is a tough one cause he kept coming even after I thought he wouldn't! Now we have to keep focused cause West Rusk is better than people think! Sure would love to go to the big dance again!

lol no they aint....just better than they have been.

This is just a terrible mismatch for EF scheme wise.... On offense at least. They couldn't run or throw because 75% of the time the qb/RB was getting hit before they even could get a full head of steam. #20 couldn't get going and use his size because he just rarely had chances for momentum on offense.

EF was able to have a little success out of the shotgun and trying to stretch waskom side to side. They caught waskom a couple of times in blitzes or stunts that left big holes they just couldn't break the big ones because of waskoms overall team speed on defense. I don't know if I've ever seen a high school defense play this fast as unit. It's downright nasty.

Don't recall in last years game our LB's able to penetrate y'alls "O" line as freely as they seemed to have it last night. 5 sacks registered by the "D", and when he wasn't sacked he was getting popped about every play. Can't help but think it contributed to knocking his timing off and perhaps rushing him a bit. Was glad to see us FINALLY able to hang onto some interceptions!! ;)

Wait a mintue you serious are you really saying that's why your kid left EF and went to Waskom because of the Coach? What high school kid has anything to do with what coach is being hired and don't like it really

I'm lost....How did you get that out of varsity14's post?

I have always said "returning starters" is way over rated. If a team returning almost everyone from the previous season got throttled by the better teams in the district the prior year, it's more of a reason not to rank them very high the next season instead of automatically assuming they should be the top ranked team the following year ... returning a lot of starters could just mean more of the same ..... EF is a perfect example of my theory ....