Waskom 3-0 @ EF 2-1

Wild74

All Time Series EF 36 Waskom 33 Tie 3  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who Starts District 1-0

Love'd the outcome of the game....but how great was it to see both bands marching into the stadium together and playing the NA together........very impressive and hats off to both band directors....very classy!

I wish had had gotten there early enough to see them march in together. We did get to hear them play the national anthem though.

Cats98, I have nothing to do with any sports at EF. That was just my personal opinion based off the games I have watched. I do not have any communication to any coaches of any sports so they may not feel or think the same way I do. So don't lump my comment or opinion in with all of EF. And I did not mean to get you fired up to call names. What I was trying to say was every team or fan base thinks the opposing team plays at least one play after the whistle or hits out of bounds or whatever you want to clump into that category. Just cause "Team A's" fans don't think they play after the whistle doesn't mean there opponent feels like they are not taking shots. And there was a play where Waskom got a shot in on a run where the player was out of bounds from my view. Wasn't called so what the ref sees is what goes. And my comment about it's football was not meaning playing after the whistle or outside the lines. In football if you are hustling or playing hard, it may happen occasionally. No harmful intent. And in my post I did not mean to act like I was condoning it, all I was trying to say is it happens on both sides no matter what two teams. Sincerely the Tool!

Cats98, I have nothing to do with any sports at EF. That was just my personal opinion based off the games I have watched. I do not have any communication to any coaches of any sports so they may not feel or think the same way I do. So don't lump my comment or opinion in with all of EF. And I did not mean to get you fired up to call names. What I was trying to say was every team or fan base thinks the opposing team plays at least one play after the whistle or hits out of bounds or whatever you want to clump into that category. Just cause "Team A's" fans don't think they play after the whistle doesn't mean there opponent feels like they are not taking shots. And there was a play where Waskom got a shot in on a run where the player was out of bounds from my view. Wasn't called so what the ref sees is what goes. And my comment about it's football was not meaning playing after the whistle or outside the lines. In football if you are hustling or playing hard, it may happen occasionally. No harmful intent. And in my post I did not mean to act like I was condoning it, all I was trying to say is it happens on both sides no matter what two teams. Sincerely the Tool!

In that case sorry for the name calling I took your post wrong. But there are people over there that do condone that kinda ####. I agree with you that aggressive play can lead to penalties but the ones I'm talking about are the stepping on goins and twisting legs and taking shots way out of bounds. So again sorry for taking your post wrong
  • Like 1

I thought this year's game was much cleaner than what I witnessed last year. Saw no obvious hitting from behind and no leg twisting to create a brawl. Things are looking up in EF... Well, some things are any way. By the way, Kyrie Ratliff could make All State at linebacker too. The ETSN photo of Mike Reason on the tackle looks like a pit bull attacking a big lab. Labs are good dogs and can be pretty tough. But they are not pit bulls. Pit bull linebackers make All State multiple years.

I thought this year's game was much cleaner than what I witnessed last year. Saw no obvious hitting from behind and no leg twisting to create a brawl. Things are looking up in EF... Well, some things are any way. By the way, Kyrie Ratliff could make All State at linebacker too. The ETSN photo of Mike Reason on the tackle looks like a pit bull attacking a big lab. Labs are good dogs and can be pretty tough. But they are not pit bulls. Pit bull linebackers make All State multiple years.

I thought the exact same thing Ringside, I thought overall it was a pretty clean game especially considering the rivalry and recent history.

I was at the game Friday night but missed this because I was caught up with watching the EF coach complain about Chan's big hit on 34. Anyway I thought I should share this.....After watching the game last night on hudl I saw 2 Waskom players pick 34 up and a third Waskom player pick up his mouth piece on that play. 5-6 years ago our players would have stood over that kid and talked ####. I want to give our coaching staff all the praise. Not only have they taught our kids to work hard and buy into a program but they have also taught them to show sportsmanship and respect for the opposing team even if it's our rival! Huge props to our coaches!

image.jpg

image.jpg

I was at the game Friday night but missed this because I was caught up with watching the EF coach complain about Chan's big hit on 34. Anyway I thought I should share this.....After watching the game last night on hudl I saw 2 Waskom players pick 34 up and a third Waskom player pick up his mouth piece on that play. 5-6 years ago our players would have stood over that kid and talked ####. I want to give our coaching staff all the praise. Not only have they taught our kids to work hard and buy into a program but they have also taught them to show sportsmanship and respect for the opposing team even if it's our rival! Huge props to our coaches!

Plus good old fashion home raising.