Waskom 3-0 @ EF 2-1

Wild74

All Time Series EF 36 Waskom 33 Tie 3  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who Starts District 1-0

If you ask ANY DC that Waskom plays and they will tell you "stop 15, and you can beat Waskom". So far, no one can. So, just wondering what grade this young man transferred in and where from? Or is he homegrown?

I think Waskom has more than just #15 teams have to stop but I do agree it evolves around #15 though

If you ask ANY DC that Waskom plays and they will tell you "stop 15, and you can beat Waskom". So far, no one can. So, just wondering what grade this young man transferred in and where from? Or is he homegrown?

I bet if they would play their defensive linemen standing up and three yards off the ball, they'd have a better chance.

Y'all got yourself a couple real fans right here. Win or lose, they will be there. Waskom on the other hand had only I poster up until 3yrs ago. He is non other than Wild74. And even he only hung around the political arena pushing Reaganomics. Nobody knows more about supporting a loosing team. The rest are bandwagoners. Most from Marshall, EF, and Shreveport. So be proud of those 2 guys and BigDave and Biged too. ;)

. Thanks to technology, many people follow a different path of communication in today's world. How many of Waskom's fans are from Marshall or Shreveport I cannot say. None that I have met personally. My connection to this fine school and community has been through coaching, thus there will likely come a time when that ends. However, in the last 4 years I have had the pleasure to get to know some of the Waskom fans. I have come to know Wild 74 and "Buddy Garrity" the most. Two ole boys who talk to each other as brothers. They share their zeal for Waskom football, and to experience a state championship run is very special, and as most of you folks know, very rare. On a larger scale, everybody on this forum gets to experience a connection to a sport we all love. Many post here during the years their kids participate and then move on. Others remain. Thank you David Smoak for providing East Texans with this vessel for all of us that wish to participate an opportunity to do so.

I don't think it matters. I know he would put you or I in ICU.

He's come out of a lot of games over the past couple of times and the opposition has thought they'd knock him out. Truth be told, many of those times he's hurt himself by the lick he has laid on the other feller. He gets a bad rap in the past for being a show boat, but after watching him game in and game out, I've come to realize that it is raw emotion.

We been putting up with that crud from Waskom for years, EF just doesn't crybaby about it. Not worried about any Waskom player. Everybody knows, that everybody just can't wait to get to Wildcat country. And everybody knows that Wildcat Country needs all the players they can get. EF plays with what it raises or moves in, they don't except transfers.

Even if they don't actually move to EF? ;)

Speaking of transfers the numbers are starting to put us close to D1, we are right at the current mark now. About 40 of those are employee kids and another 60 or so are paying transfers. Waskom has benefited by some of the transfers in Football. Dillion Benton being the one who comes to mind. EF/ Waskom has Benton's everywhere though. We did get a set of transfers from Marshall right at the beginning of football season. They are all on the JV team as they are ineligible for varsity. We do have one playing varsity also but he was ruled eligible because he moved in with his father. There is only one that could have helped us on the varsity but he will have to play a year at JV. I don't know why EF doesn't take transfers but it could be having to play up in D1 if they did since they are close to that number but then again that may have absolutely nothing to do with it. I forgot about Logan, he started his school years in EF but both his parents no longer lives there so he is a legitimate move in and glad to have him, this team will be his next year and nice to know you have a good backup if Harkrider gets injured.

. Thanks to technology, many people follow a different path of communication in today's world. How many of Waskom's fans are from Marshall or Shreveport I cannot say. None that I have met personally. My connection to this fine school and community has been through coaching, thus there will likely come a time when that ends. However, in the last 4 years I have had the pleasure to get to know some of the Waskom fans. I have come to know Wild 74 and "Buddy Garrity" the most. Two ole boys who talk to each other as brothers. They share their zeal for Waskom football, and to experience a state championship run is very special, and as most of you folks know, very rare. On a larger scale, everybody on this forum gets to experience a connection to a sport we all love. Many post here during the years their kids participate and then move on. Others remain. Thank you David Smoak for providing East Texans with this vessel for all of us that wish to participate an opportunity to do so.

It is always fun to listen to your analysis of the team, I know it will end one day but enjoying the time while it last...:)