Waskom 3-0 @ EF 2-1

Wild74

All Time Series EF 36 Waskom 33 Tie 3  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who Starts District 1-0

Congrats Wildcats, great game tonight! Y'all haven't slacked off at all from last year, got a really good program going over there and thats the key to being a top tier team year in and year out. I've got to be honest, I haven't really thought Mr. Amie was as good as advertised over the last two years. I thought he was good, but not a great player, I was wrong, he is outstanding. Not because the numbers of plays he makes, but because of the things he does right to put hisself in position to make those plays, great speed, vision, and instinct. Sorry I couldn't do any play by play tonight, my phone wasn't working well enough to post. Good luck the rest of the season to both teams. Pick your head up Jackets, you've got a good team, finish the district run strong.

You da man BD, good luck to the Jackets the rest of the way.

Congrats Wildcats, great game tonight! Y'all haven't slacked off at all from last year, got a really good program going over there and thats the key to being a top tier team year in and year out. I've got to be honest, I haven't really thought Mr. Amie was as good as advertised over the last two years. I thought he was good, but not a great player, I was wrong, he is outstanding. Not because the numbers of plays he makes, but because of the things he does right to put hisself in position to make those plays, great speed, vision, and instinct. Sorry I couldn't do any play by play tonight, my phone wasn't working well enough to post. Good luck the rest of the season to both teams. Pick your head up Jackets, you've got a good team, finish the district run strong.

+1.... Appreciate you being the one to man up on here.

Another OUTSTANDING defensive effort turned in by the Catz tonight. EF didn't have an answer all night. Their QB will be sore big time in the morning. Pretty much shut their big backs down, anxious to see the stats on total yardage. Their QB probably won't get much sleep, probably be seeing #15 and #21 and #2 in his dreams all night. Dominating from the opening kickoff, on both sides of the ball. As in years past, speed, speed and a little more speed. How about that freshman #20 that scored that last TD. Anyone know his name?

Another OUTSTANDING defensive effort turned in by the Catz tonight. EF didn't have an answer all night. Their QB will be sore big time in the morning. Pretty much shut their big backs down, anxious to see the stats on total yardage. Their QB probably won't get much sleep, probably be seeing #15 and #21 and #2 in his dreams all night. Dominating from the opening kickoff, on both sides of the ball. As in years past, speed, speed and a little more speed. How about that freshman #20 that scored that last TD. Anyone know his name?

TK Hamilton I believe

+1.... Appreciate you being the one to man up on here.

Well I really wasn't manning up to anything since I haven't commented on the thread this season and really don't have a dog in the hunt anymore. I just try to tell the truth as I see it whatever the subject, and really like good football at the high school level regardless of winning or loosing, course I would prefer to win, but that doesn't always work out. All you can do is try to fix your mistakes and try to have a good attitude and integrity, regardless of what you're doing in life. But thanks anyway!

• Like 1

as much as I hate to say this but I been talking trash for two week and time to eat my crow, I'm very impressed with Waskom I thought they may have loss a step from last year I was wrong again you guys have a team that I would love to see play every Friday night, I'm 99.9% sure yall will be playing for sc # 2 my hats off to Waskom and good luck on the rest of your season

as much as I hate to say this but I been talking trash for two week and time to eat my crow, I'm very impressed with Waskom I thought they may have loss a step from last year I was wrong again you guys have a team that I would love to see play every Friday night, I'm 99.9% sure yall will be playing for sc # 2 my hats off to Waskom and good luck on the rest of your season

+1... Thank you for that.

Thanks

The trash talk is all in good fun (most of the time).

This is just a terrible mismatch for EF scheme wise.... On offense at least. They couldn't run or throw because 75% of the time the qb/RB was getting hit before they even could get a full head of steam. #20 couldn't get going and use his size because he just rarely had chances for momentum on offense.

EF was able to have a little success out of the shotgun and trying to stretch waskom side to side. They caught waskom a couple of times in blitzes or stunts that left big holes they just couldn't break the big ones because of waskoms overall team speed on defense. I don't know if I've ever seen a high school defense play this fast as unit. It's downright nasty.

• Like 1

Rock Waskom has the perfect scheme for them kids go along with some good coaching that had to replace all but 2 starters on Off. they got it rolling and if #15 stays healthy they will play for the SC again this yr

Congratulations to Waskom, they dominated every phase of the game. I agree with those who have said that the defense is better than last year. I think the offense is only slightly behind last year, and may get there as the season goes on. I think ya'll could very possibly challenge for another championship. I guess we all know what the polls are worth now. No excuses guys (even though I know ya'll want some). EF will have to strive for a second place finish in district and hopefully have some success in the play-offs. I don't see Waskom getting really challenged until maybe the semi- finals.

I don't think I ever said we would defeat Waskom, but if I got some crow coming I would like it BBQ, cause Waskom is pretty good at BBQ right now.

Note: I would not have Aimee in the game in trash time, he is way to valuable to take a chance on getting hurt for nothing. His running style reminds me a little of Shock Linwood, his ticket to D1 could be as a RB possibly. Look what Baylor did to Linwood. Good Luck ... hope to get to play ya'll again in the play-offs, because it would be a good season for EF to get that far.

LSUTIGERS.....it's past your bed time.......mine too.

Bigdav and Rock95...Thank you for your past remarks and want yall to know that I followed y'all the last time you guys made it to the playoffs...

Your welcome sir, we all have to battle each other in district, but we certainly need to support all of our district teams that extend their season.