Gladewater @ Carthage

Gwbears24

Gladewater @ Carthage  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your pick

• Da Bears
    • Dawgs

This will be the Dawgs time to show the improvement, running and throwing the ball this week. The defense is what I think has been down right nasty, those boys are bring the wood when they hit and it has been cool to watch 3 and 4 guys get to the ball at the same time. Secondary is getting better, they got burned a few times, but I can see a big improvement.

The offense is right where they should be, lots of young players getting better every week. The Dawgs will catch the dropped passes for touch downs this week and the O line continue making running lanes for the backs. Gladewater will be another good test for the Dawgs, they play hard nose football.

I say the Dawgs 35 Gladewater 24.

How many underclassmen are on the offensive side of the ball ? I can only think of 3. 1 lineman,1 receiver,and an occasional H-back.

How many underclassmen are on the offensive side of the ball ? I can only think of 3. 1 lineman,1 receiver,and an occasional H-back.

Definitely not many underclassman start with the exception of Townsend and Elliot. Griffin is starting FB and he is a Jr. Don't know if we will see Gates again at RB. I think his place is on the defensive side of the ball. Keontay Ingram looks good at RB and I think he is only a Soph. Dee Bowens is going to be a good offensive player when his time comes. Some other good looking WR/DB kids that are young. Maybe #11? Colbert? I don't know, but we are definitely senior heavy on offense. But there are plenty of sophomores and juniors on this team making an impact, especially on defense. We are going to be good for the next couple of years. Carthage is funny like that. You have to keep a program handy. Might be a kid that you never seen before, that makes a play and he will be a senior. All of our good teams have been senior heavy. Sophomores and juniors are good to have on your team, but seniors win ball games IMO.

• Like 1

Carthage (4A D-1) is averaging 30 points a game so far on the season... They have played Hallsville Lindale and Nac all from 5A so far on the young season. Gladewater (4A D-2) is averaging 39.6 points a game and has played a 3A Daingerfield team, a 4A D-1 Pittsburgh team and a team from Louisiana who plays in their 5A (with about the same amount of kids as Longview from what I have read).

Carthage has given up 28 points per game while Gladewater has allowed 38.6 points per game.

I am with most who could see this game easily getting in the 30's for both teams. I hope Gladewater comes out and shows how good they can be when they hold onto the football. This town has finally got used to winning and you can tell by the griping coming from the stands. I wish the crowd wouldn't rag on the coaches so much, they have done a tremendous job with this team! It's not always the play-callers fault if a play fails you know..... I think Carthage is a really really good football team and it will take Gladewater's A game to beat them tonight down in "C-town". Should be a fun game. As I stated, I think we reach the 30's and game could go either way... SIC 'EM BEARS!