Groveton @ San Augustine

SAWolfman

Have yet to see either team play this season and is hard to tell much from the records. Groveton has lost to two good teams in the classification above them and then beat an extremely poor team. San Augustine, as you said, has played and lost to 3 bigger schools. I'll put my money on the home team. Wouldn't mind seeing this one. It's hard to find a game in 2A with lots of passing.

Good idea of where district 12 stacks up against district 10. Groveton is a D12 playoff team, and they have back-to-back games vs. teams that will battle for a district 10 playoff spot.

I'll take the Wolves in a shootout, 48-42.

I doubt it will be a shoot out. SA's defense is a little better than what it has shown up on paper. Holding Garrison to no points in the first half. Then holding 4A Splendora to just 27 points is decent enough! Offense just needs to get rolling!

I saw in the paper they had over 700 yards of offense last week against Colmesneil. Yes I know it's Colmesneil, but you have to do something right to get 700. Might make the drive and come see this game. Haven't seen either of these two play this season. Saw Groveton in 7 on 7 in Crockett this summer. Good QB, 1 tall athletic receiver, and a speedy slot.

I saw in the paper they had over 700 yards of offense last week against Colmesneil. Yes I know it's Colmesneil, but you have to do something right to get 700. Might make the drive and come see this game. Haven't seen either of these two play this season. Saw Groveton in 7 on 7 in Crockett this summer. Good QB, 1 tall athletic receiver, and a speedy slot.

Colmesneil has like 14 players suited up...

Colmesneil has like 14 players suited up...

Completely understand. 700 yards is 700 yards though. And according to the East Texas Players of the Week poll on here it looks like the starters only played the first half. Pretty sure I saw that the QB threw for 300+ the week before against Corrigan. I'm just going by stats I read on here. They could be horrible.

Completely understand. 700 yards is 700 yards though. And according to the East Texas Players of the Week poll on here it looks like the starters only played the first half. Pretty sure I saw that the QB threw for 300+ the week before against Corrigan. I'm just going by stats I read on here. They could be horrible.

They probably had a few long plays that padded the stats. I'm curious to see how many snaps the Groveton offense had...

None of whom would start for SA.

Hope ya was just kidding. Not saying their bad even if history does show that...but 14 kids pretty much means no rest on either side of the ball. They are probably wore out by halftime. Then you add the skill factor in...

Hope ya was just kidding. Not saying their bad even if history does show that...but 14 kids pretty much means no rest on either side of the ball. They are probably wore out by halftime. Then you add the skill factor in...

Oh I didn't mean it as a slight. That's a program that's just struggling right now. It's hard to find non-district games you can compete in as a D2 program that has a numbers problem. They have no depth whatsoever, and not many kids to pick from. For instance, a kid that would probably play LB at WS or SA is likely having to play corner there because he's the fastest they've got. It's just a tough situation.