Football uni's

MHS77

I have never understood HC's that try to change the color scheme. What? You have THAT much spare time and need for a headache on your hands?

I remember hearing Mike Hedrick back he was still HC at Jewett Leon say that "these are work clothes" nothing more. Darrell Royal said basically the same thing years before that.'

Every school has colors stick with them. I cannot stand those that see the need to add trim colors that are in no part of the schools official colors.

Of course the Pee Wee folks are not making it any easier on the schools what with their outfitting kids with the most expensive uniforms money can buy so then when they get in JH and get the HS's hand me downs that is real let down for them.

Personally I like the White on White road uni's that Texas has, IMO they are the BEST uniforms in College Football. Very plain but very slick at the same time. And there is absolutely NO doubt about what team you are watching when you see those uniforms. They have taken something not very flashy at all and made it stand out better than ANYTHING that Oregon wears, but once again that is just my .02 on the situation.

The problem is move in people that think they can move in and take over the town and start making changes and in this case the Old Timers like myself are not going to stand for it...Once their kids are gone so is their support anyway

Back in the day (The 60's). Tatum school colors were Green & White. Our coach did not like Green & White, so he bought Orange and White uniforms. From the 7th Grade thru my junior year we wore Orange & White. My senior year after he left, Tatum went back to the traditional Green. Personally, I liked the Orange & White better, but a lot of people were upset with the change. It did seem weird though with us playing in Orange & White uniforms and the band marching in Green & White. If I remember correctly the cheerleaders wore Orange & White as well. But, in the end it didn't really matter, heck play ball.

Harmony's colors are red & white. For some reason, black became the "official" unofficial third color. We've never used, to my knowledge, on any uniforms except maybe as detailing. A little change while still holding onto tradition might be nice. Nothing radical like orange & white, sorry JTate.

I feel like if you want to change it up, wear special uniforms for occasions like homecoming or cancer awareness month, then that is fine for a limited time. I know some larger schools will change up a uniform for a special occasion. However, adding colors that aren't your school colors just seems wrong. I know when I go back to my old high school for games- I would be disappointed to see uniforms that don't match the tradition of the school. It would almost be like saying it wasn't good enough before so let's change it. That is what makes Texas High School football so great- traditions that link generations together.

White Oak has digital camo in their uniforms. Outside of the uniforms Gladewater adopted last year, they are the worst uniforms around.

I'm 50/50 on the whole matte/ no shine helmets. When done right it looks good but man it can be ugly.

I like the alternate uniforms. The kids are the ones playing I think they should look how they want too as long as like in Waskoms case Maroon is the main color. I see nothig wrong with using black, gray, silver or white. just one mans opinion