refs spotting the football

Tiger1995

There are other chapters in NE Texas spotting the ball in the manner described by Darkhorse

If you begin a series at a yard line, there is no real advantage for either team. And, it does cut down on measurements because the point to gain for a first down will also be a yard line. Getting the spot correct and offensive holding are two of the most difficult calls for a ref. Spot because your view is sometimes obscured by players, holding because "hands inside" is allowed, makes it a judgment call as to when the defender is trying to pull away or the hands move outside.

Gladewater can cry all you want about a spot, fact is, if the great Gladewater defense stops Gilmer on that last drive, ya'll win. They did'nt, Gilmer wins. If you are gonna blame the refs, fine, but also blame your defense for not making the stop needed to win. Move on.

No, if Gladewater runs in for the score instead of sliding down... nah... nevermind. Won't start this argument up again.

No, if Gladewater runs in for the score instead of sliding down... nah... nevermind. Won't start this argument up again.

Don't matter bc a diving Mack gets a couple inches everytine regardless. Just a bad call and that's that. Game plan was executed to perfection, but you're right. Smart to not start this up again lol

There are other chapters in NE Texas spotting the ball in the manner described by Darkhorse

If you begin a series at a yard line, there is no real advantage for either team. And, it does cut down on measurements because the point to gain for a first down will also be a yard line. Getting the spot correct and offensive holding are two of the most difficult calls for a ref. Spot because your view is sometimes obscured by players, holding because "hands inside" is allowed, makes it a judgment call as to when the defender is trying to pull away or the hands move outside.

I would argue that in a game that can be Won or Lost by inches, Giving a team a foot and a half or deducting a foot and a half every play is BS just because it might make the refs have to pay attention where the ball is downed... also It began two to three years ago and I would challenge anybody to pick any game in Texas on friday night and go watch....The offensive Lineman will tackle the defensive player half the night with NO calls or hold onto them like a dog with a bone while the def player drags them through the backfield. And if either team has a member with rear end twitch they throw a offsides flag..............I think they use the offsides penalty to catch their breath.

The only time the ball is placed on the line is in change of possession. Meaning kicks weather it be a free kick or a punt. I would be willing to bet on regular scrimmage plays the ball is being spotted where the runner went down. Come out to Jacksonville Friday night and you will see we don't move the ball to make it easier on us.

• Like 1

The only time the ball is placed on the line is in change of possession. Meaning kicks weather it be a free kick or a punt. I would be willing to bet on regular scrimmage plays the ball is being spotted where the runner went down. Come out to Jacksonville Friday night and you will see we don't move the ball to make it easier on us.

That is how our chapter teaches and my crew officiates. Ball is where ball is.

As far as on a tick each play, I have seen some guys do it and it drives me nuts but long as they do it all night it will even out. I hate it and dont think if looks right. I hope no chapter reaches jt.

That is how our chapter teaches and my crew officiates. Ball is where ball is.

As far as on a tick each play, I have seen some guys do it and it drives me nuts but long as they do it all night it will even out. I hate it and dont think if looks right. I hope no chapter reaches jt.

+1