ATL v. PG 10/9/15

PGHawkfan

What? Not me, no way! I always start any conversation on a positive note...you guys bring out the bad in me. Don't start nuthin' won't be nuthin'

One more week.

I was talking to some of the boys yesterday and I can not express how impressed I am with these young men. I've known a lot of them for years and it amazes me how much they have matured. They have something...I don't know how to describe it...Saying they act like a team isn't good enough...Damon and Pythias, Han and Chewie...I dunno, it's quite amazing.

Yawn....

PG folks are quiet... It's a lil different when you're not playing a 1A school.

Not quiet. I just don't have anything to comment on. This could be a very good game. Atlanta hasn't really shown much yet this season with the exception of the performance against LE. PG hasn't played anyone but; they drummed 4-5 opponents they played this year. The common opponent between them beat both ATL & PG by similar margins. That being said, ATL will be faster (they always are) and PG will be bigger (usually the case as well). Can't wait for Friday night.

the Rabbs had 7 starters out against LE, we still hung with my prediction to be the state champs in the upper divison of 4A. we're getting most of those kids back this week. i expect a rusty and slow start in the first half as all of those guys shake the cobwebs off but i expect them to turn up the after burnners in the 2nd half and get going full speed. will never disrespect another opponet because this is the first district game so i expect the best out of PG as well. i think ATL will turn up the volume in the 2nd half and get their game on and be 1-0 in the end.

• Like 1

I think it would be best for the Atlanta players who are coming off of injures to be help out for one more week. I'm just thinking about player safety and do not want to see them come back too soon. Another weeks rest will really do them well!

That's what the bye week was for.

• Like 1

got to watch the B games tonight. just wanted to say that the kid thats the QB for the 7th B has got a really good arm on him. was surprised to see PG coming out in a spread as much as they did. didn't get to stay for the A games though. but the 7th grade kid for PG made some really nice throws. i think it was a 6-6 tie at the end though. couldn't keep up with the 8th grade though but looked like both teams were playing pretty even.

This is only our 2nd year with Coach Gibson and one of the first things he did was get the high school coaches more involved with the middle school. I'm not sure what all is done but it's good to know that these boys coming up will already be familiar with the way things are done in highschool. Heck, he's even got the flag football teams involved.

got to watch the B games tonight. just wanted to say that the kid thats the QB for the 7th B has got a really good arm on him. was surprised to see PG coming out in a spread as much as they did. didn't get to stay for the A games though. but the 7th grade kid for PG made some really nice throws. i think it was a 6-6 tie at the end though. couldn't keep up with the 8th grade though but looked like both teams were playing pretty even.

8th grade A team won 38-0.

8th grade A team won 38-0.

Yeah, that 8th grade QB is going to be good. We've got lots of good young players and even more coming up. We only have 10 seniors and not all of them are starting, but our soph and junior class has lots of talent.

These boys are hungry and believe they can win tonight. ATL is ready as well, I am sure. We know this is the biggest game of the year, so far. Last year we made huge strides in pride, hustle and execution and this year we have grown even more. Even though we are in our 2nd year of rebuilding, I believe that we can pull a win out tonight and do not expect a repeat of last year.

Good luck to the PG Hawks and looking forward to playing a safe and fun game with our gracious hosts, Atlanta.

1897-M.jpg