ATL v. PG 10/9/15

PGHawkfan

On another note what's up with the way the Refs spot the ball in reference to forward progress.. I think I saw a post on this last week, and tonight I saw it for myself. They gave the runners forward progress even if he moved backwards and lateral dragging players

I give up with you PG folks,,, Guess the point yall are making is if yall had not lost, by golly you would have won,, Right???.. well like my ole grand pappy used to say.. "iffin the dog hadn't stop to @#@#% he would have caught the rabbit

I give up with you PG folks,,, Guess the point yall are making is if yall had not lost, by golly you would have won,, Right???.. well like my ole grand pappy used to say.. "iffin the dog hadn't stop to @#@#% he would have caught the rabbit

No...I think I understand your backwoods metaphor and am pretty sure that's not what I'm saying. Red...well...I dunno.

Next year bud. Never happy with a loss but the best way to learn from mistakes is to make them. From my point of view, three years ago we had a coaching staff that had become lackadaisical and a program that was lifeless. This new AD has resurrected the spirit and fire of the Hawks. Like you said, this is only year 2 of our turnaround. Last year we immediately improved and this year the same thing. Someone said last nights game was like Sophomores playing Seniors and they were correct. We have 15 Sophomores playing most of our lines and our QB. I believe we will do great this year and when some of our boys grow a little and gain more experience in this program, maybe we will start getting that respect that's so hard to come by.

Don't care what anyone else has stated thus far. PG gave ATL all they could handle for three quarters. Atlanta has a good team and should be respected. PG still has a bit to learn bit are making great strides. The hawks will be battling for third this year in my opinion.

Honesty, I wish every team could get a glass of this. It is so great to have a new coaching staff and it shows in our young men. I really don't care if we lose out (which won't happen go Hawks) I'm just happy to see the pride and determination in my boy. These times are going to prepare him for things besides football.

@RedCreek49 What game were you watching? Guess if I were you I'd say the same thing. A hey good win and yall got a good team.. But NO it was not closer than the score.. Matter of fact could have been a lot larger margin. The hawks got 4 points off of safeties cause we could not snap a ball to the punter. Also our coach was pass happy in the 1st half, but once he decided to dance (run the ball) with the one who brung him it wasn't much of a contest after that. Like I said the Hawks are good and going to be a lot better next year but don't make it seem like it was a nail biter.

Yes, PG got two safeties, so. PG fumbled the opening kickoff which set up Atlata's first score. I don't get your point? That's like saying that if PG would have scored 2 TD's instead of kicking field goals when they had the ball inside the 10 things might have been different but I did not say that.

I guess when I say it was a game PG could have won some people are taking that to mean it was a game PG should have won! There is a difference!

The game was up for grabs at the end of the 3rd, was it not? Atlanta did pull away in the 4th, correct? I guess when I said pulled away with 6 minutes left, I should have said put it away. Before that 70 yard TD run PG had the ball with enough time to get back into the if they could have held Atlanta from scoring.

PG was down 40 - 31 and had the ball with 8 minutes to go in the game, that is 9 points, so, they were still in the game if they cal hold and score. However, Atlanta got the ball with a little over 6 minutes and scored on the first play, probably 65 yard run to put the game away 46-31.

When does the Moral wins stop for PG lol js you guys are happy win/lose when do you start taking losses? Year 2 under your coaches..... Not really trying to knock yall!

It will never stop. That's the mentality!! Lose an you get "the boys played with so much heart" win and you get "PG shocks the world". Gets so old!!! With that said PG should beat SH and Tatum. Center & G-water will be tough.

Don't care what anyone else has stated thus far. PG gave ATL all they could handle for three quarters. Atlanta has a good team and should be respected. PG still has a bit to learn bit are making great strides. The hawks will be battling for third this year in my opinion.

Yes they did give them a test for 3 qtrs. the ball bounced PG''s way for 3 qtrs. I was at the game and Atl gave PG plenty of chances. Atl didn't play very good IMO with all the blunders. Stat line:

Total yards:

Atl 560 yards of O

PG 169 yards of O

Ouch!

Yes they did give them a test for 3 qtrs. the ball bounced PG''s way for 3 qtrs. I was at the game and Atl gave PG plenty of chances. Atl didn't play very good IMO with all the blunders. Stat line:

Total yards:

Atl 560 yards of O

PG 169 yards of O

Ouch!

Wow. Doesn't seem very close game after those stats!

Total yards:

Atl 560 yards of O

PG 169 yards of O

Ouch!

MOTHER

OF

GOD

Well, in PGs defense, I think hotLANTA has the best defense in district.

Next year bud. Never happy with a loss but the best way to learn from mistakes is to make them. From my point of view, three years ago we had a coaching staff that had become lackadaisical and a program that was lifeless. This new AD has resurrected the spirit and fire of the Hawks. Like you said, this is only year 2 of our turnaround. Last year we immediately improved and this year the same thing. Someone said last nights game was like Sophomores playing Seniors and they were correct. We have 15 Sophomores playing most of our lines and our QB. I believe we will do great this year and when some of our boys grow a little and gain more experience in this program, maybe we will start getting that respect that's so hard to come by.

Sounds like your building the foundation, but what happens when you get a tough pre-season schedule and start 1-4 somewhat like we did last year how do you think you guys will respond?

Total yards:

Atl 560 yards of O

PG 169 yards of O

Ouch!

PG did have some opportunities. The two safeties, especially the first one could have been recover in the end zone for a PG TD. The second one with a little less on the snap could have been another TD instead of a safety. 14 point would have helped a lot more than 4 points.

In regard to the yardage, I think PG had most of their yardage in the first half and although Atlanta had a lot of yards in the first half, I think they had a good bit more in the second. Atlanta had several of big passing and running plays 4 of which probably accounted for a little over 200 yards.

PG had a couple of good kick returns and probably had close to 100 return yards, possibly more.

Total yards:

Atl 560 yards of O

PG 169 yards of O

Ouch!

Dammmmn

Sounds like your building the foundation, but what happens when you get a tough pre-season schedule and start 1-4 somewhat like we did last year how do you think you guys will respond?

It still remains to be seen. Next week will be a good indicator of how we respond to a loss. I believe the coaches will continue to instill a winning spirit in these boys. Assuming our schedule will get tougher next year, I'm sure our boys will man up and learn their lessons well.