Week Seven: Longview at Marshall

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (4-1) vs Marshall Mavericks (5-0)  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Marshall in a blow out

I so want to win this game. It's a pride issue I admit. But also to maybe throw some gasoline on the fire of a rivalry that some consider dead.

But no matter what happens tonight..... and what some people say on other boards.....

I do not think we are playing 4A football. Yes, we looked horrible last week. Yes.... that happens sometimes. Even to Longview.

But win or lose.... Marshall will be fine. We still have a chance to do something special this season even if we don't take care of business. There is no shame in losing to a program like Longview.

Come next week we will line up Vs. Greenville. Then another big one in Texarkana the week after. Lots of football left to be played...... especially in NOVEMBER.... perhaps even DECEMBER. Tonight alone does not determine that.

Good luck to my boys in RED AND WHITE.

Safe travels to the Lobos and their fans...... and good luck to ya'll...... AFTER tonight :)

\m/ GO MAVS GO

Wow! I might want to re-think. I was planning on about 6. I guess we could get there extra early and recon the situation then adapt if needed.

Lots of anxiety about this game! Safe travels, everyone.

Well, you know in Marshall the later you get there, the farther back you have to park in the HS parking lot... either that or at the mall and walk across the road... getting there at 5 should at least get you a decent spot closer to the gym...

There are several class reunions having a tailgate party starting 5:30ish I believe......so parking will be premium.

I still wish they had done the whole 25th thing next week at homecoming instead....

Two sellouts instead of one sounds better to me. Not to mention the better chance of a win.

But..... if we get the upset..... then it's viewed as brilliant. lol.

Can't wait.

Couple of years ago I remember getting to the Kilgore/Gilmer game at 6 and it was already jammed pack like it was the 2nd quarter! Is Maverick bigger than Kilgore stadium? I know Kilgore has the wooden bleachers around the end zone.

Well, you know in Marshall the later you get there, the farther back you have to park in the HS parking lot... either that or at the mall and walk across the road... getting there at 5 should at least get you a decent spot closer to the gym...

Been there many times. It is indeed a long walk. Was hopin' to drop by and get a Brown Pig before the game but time may not allow it this year. Go Lobos!

Hoping for no altercations before during and especially after the game! I know every city has knuckleheads but Longview seriously has some knuckleheads right now...

I dunno. The last time there was a fight with Marshall, we were only ahead 10-9 and it seemed to fire the team up enough to blow the game open.

Much rather park in the mall parking lot across the street. So much easier to get out from.

Texas Bob has Kilgore listed at 8000

They have Marshall listed at 9580..... but I think it's more like 9300.

If Maverick Stadium is really anywhere near 9k...then Lobo must have their listing wrong as well. Cause Lobo is wellll larger than Maverick.

I dunno. The last time there was a fight with Marshall, we were only ahead 10-9 and it seemed to fire the team up enough to blow the game open.

There should be more fighting in the stands than the field... I was already threatened by a Lobo woman and I wont even be there ;)

If Maverick Stadium is really anywhere near 9k...then Lobo must have their listing wrong as well. Cause Lobo is wellll larger than Maverick.

I've always assumed Lobo was well over 10K. Unless those stadium chairs took some of your total away.

I've always assumed Lobo was well over 10K. Unless those stadium chairs took some of your total away.

We went from 10,500 to like 9,400 or something like that. Hill doesn't get added into figure though.

There should be more fighting in the stands than the field... I was already threatened by a Lobo woman and I wont even be there ;)

You were NEVER threatened personally. Whaaaa whaaaaa whaaaa

😏😏😏😏😏😏😏

GO LOBOS! #BEATMARSHALL

We went from 10,500 to like 9,400 or something like that. Hill doesn't get added into figure though.

The Stadium chairs look great at Lobo.....and they're comfy for sure.

But I'm not sure it was worth losing 1,100 grandstand seats. That's more than seating than some visitor's side offer total (Whitehouse, Jacksonville, Sulphur Springs)....

I wish they hadn't taken out the "little mav section" on the homeside of Maverick Stadium. I'm sure that cost us 300 seats or so. BUT.... it does look better being gone. Maybe some success will refuel the need for getting some work done without waiting on a bond.

Add in hill..you're looking at around 13-14k.

The LP and PT games were packed beyond imagination expecially the PT game. PT game easily had at least 11k in attendance.

Add in hill..you're looking at around 13-14k.

The LP and PT games were packed beyond imagination expecially the PT game. PT game easily had at least 11k in attendance.

Doesn't the hill make it closer to 15-20k? How many were at the Gilmer/Gladewater game there last season during the playoffs?