Start of 11 3A D1 District race

player73

Awesome game! Very confused on the last play called by Westwood. You bring you limping hurt qb back in on 2nd and 9 and you bring three guys that r your most athletic guys that really haven't played offense and try to throw it. Well everyone and there momma knew what they where about to do. Run the football!

The Malakoff vs. Westwood game was a classic. Westwood gave it all they had and it was almost too much for the Tigers tonight. It took Malakoff about 15 minutes of game time to make the necessary defensive adjustments. And by then the game had almost gotten away from them. I absolutely commend the Panthers for playing their tail ends off tonight. This was anybody's game until the final 1:30. I will be interested to follow Westwood and see what they can accomplish in the remainder of the season.

Teague gets Westwood and Malakoff the next two weeks. Teague at Westwood will be a good one as Coach Hayes was at Teague for 15 years. Coach Osborn was the DC for a lot of those years. It will be interesting to watch them match each other's moves on Friday night. Coach Hayes does a great job of taking " down programs " and get them back up to winning. Coach Hayes did the same thing in Teague as he is in Westwood. Should be a great game with lots of interesting sub plots. Jake and Derek Hayes are on the Westwood staff and they are former Teague Lions themselves. Should be a great game in the Wood.

So in week 2 of district play it looks like we have WW vs. Teague, Malakoff vs. Elkhart and Kemp vs. Eustace. The game that interests me here is Teague vs. WW. The Panthers played very inspired football against Malakoff. Can they do it again and pose a real threat to Teague? I think they will make it a good game once again, but it won't be enough. Malakoff is playing the Elks for homecoming and I think the Tigers will put on a good show and take care of business. Eustace should bounce back with a win over Kemp.

Coach 0001 makes a good point concerning the match ups. Westwood strength is running the ball and Teague strength is run defense. The key IMO is can the Westwood defense stop the Teague offense. I don't think so, Teague wins this game but it will be a good one.

The Malakoff D Line was getting blown off the ball all night....raising straight up and getting taken out of the play...if they do not learn to get low and block up running lanes good running teams will have a field day. Hopefully they can get that corrected.

Westwood was a very well coached team they will only get better as the year goes on....those kids played with a lot of heart.

Mike14x, glad to see you back, good luck to yall this week

Thanks brother been here just being entertained by the Daingerfield crew....lol. Goodluck to y'all as well. You should match up well against WW. They won't be able to run up the middle on you and just contain the ends and y'all got'em. Hope that they try to pass almost a guaranteed turnover.