Dallas Mavericks 2015-16 Thread

Coach Rab

• 2 weeks later...

It's going to be bad this year, but not bad enough to keep their draft pick.

I agree... Dirk should fake an injury and tank half the season.

The Celtics have their 1st round pick this year. It's top 7 protected though.

I just remembered... this is from the Rondo deal wasn't it? worst deal in the history of Mark Cuban decision making

^

Im still ok with that trade. Hindsight is 20/20 but man thats just part of having Cuban as an owner, he swings for the fence every time.

Parsons signs with the Lakers next offseason, Dirk retires, and the guy formerly known as Deron Williams does zero to impress.

Agreed. That team Dallas had before the trade was not going to do any better than that roster did.

Opening night today... then we have to sit through a season like the baseball season where after about 30 too many games we still don't have a clear signal of who should be in the playoffs and who shouldn't.

I wonder if basketball could profit more if they had less game but staggered it where there was a game every night of the week then backload Saturday and Sundays on the major TV networks... Just a thought... I wonder if it would generate more buzz with less games meaning that each one means a little bit more like football...

• 2 weeks later...

It came down to whether he wanted to be the 3rd guy on a title contender or the top guy on a 7-8 seed team.

You know the Mavs can build around a feature piece... I don't think Jordan has confidence in himself to be "the guy". So the Mavs should be happy he changed his mind. You need a confident killer that thinks they can win 1 on 5. Kobe is a shell of himself and still thinks he can do it...