Carthage vs Kilgore; The Big Red Dogfight

CarthDawg77

Carthage vs. Kilgore: The Big Red Dogfight  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your winner!!!!

Youngcoach123, I did play for the Dawgs in the early seventies. We have always had great players, but coach S is the only coach that has ever known how to fit the puzzle together for state championship runs. I will not debate with you on football knowledge because I don't claim to be an XO guy. What I do know is non district in Carthage Dawg football is for one purpose only and that is to win in district and the playoff. If that were not so then how can anyone explain why the Dawgs are 10 times better in week 6 than they were in week 5. This has happened every year since coach S has been at Carthage. This year the Dawgs will make another run for the state championship. Most teams are as good as they are going to get by week 7, not Carthage, they grab another gear every week from week 6 on getting better and better. Once the playoff start they even grab a whole new set of gears. It is the Surratt way. God Bless you youngcoach123.

• Like 1

Hey KildogDad! Long time since we've spoken; Serious question... Has Kilgore been throwing the ball with any positive results this year, or is it still just run the ball?

It has been a while!

Still primarily running the ball but the QB Jackson takes all snaps in a spread/read option formation, throw some quick bubble screen type passes now and then. Jaquorious Smith is the workhorse, but there are at least four other players who have taken handoffs....and the QB can run, too. The times they do throw downfield, they have been pretty successful. 2-3 players who can catch the ball, one who was the anchor of Kilgore 4x100 state finals relay team as a freshman last year. The last few games the run has worked very well, so I wouldn't be surprised to see more tosses against y'all's stout run defense.

Youngcoach123, I did play for the Dawgs in the early seventies. We have always had great players, but coach S is the only coach that has ever known how to fit the puzzle together for state championship runs. I will not debate with you on football knowledge because I don't claim to be an XO guy. What I do know is non district in Carthage Dawg football is for one purpose only and that is to win in district and the playoff. If that were not so then how can anyone explain why the Dawgs are 10 times better in week 6 than they were in week 5. This has happened every year since coach S has been at Carthage. This year the Dawgs will make another run for the state championship. Most teams are as good as they are going to get by week 7, not Carthage, they grab another gear every week from week 6 on getting better and better. Once the playoff start they even grab a whole new set of gears. It is the Surratt way. God Bless you youngcoach123.

I don't want to talk XOs with anyone really. Just disagreed to a statement and as far as Carrhage making a run at a state championship, well I have posted my thoughts on that and got attacked for those already.

It has been a while!

Still primarily running the ball but the QB Jackson takes all snaps in a spread/read option formation, throw some quick bubble screen type passes now and then. Jaquorious Smith is the workhorse, but there are at least four other players who have taken handoffs....and the QB can run, too. The times they do throw downfield, they have been pretty successful. 2-3 players who can catch the ball, one who was the anchor of Kilgore 4x100 state finals relay team as a freshman last year. The last few games the run has worked very well, so I wouldn't be surprised to see more tosses against y'all's stout run defense.

Thanks! Can't wait 'til Friday night!😋

YC123 "aka" Lion70 = Closet Dawg Fans I say that b/c they spend more time talking about the Dawgs and how they can't/won't do this or that than they do talking about their own team(s).

I understand taking digs (although I have taken None at you) but if you really believe I talk about your team that much you need an extensive mental evaluation.

I understand taking digs (although I have taken None at you) but if you really believe I talk about your team that much you need an extensive mental evaluation.

No mental evaluation needed all one needs to do is find a post dealing with Carthage

and they will find you trolling. Its ok though cause deep down I know you are really a Dawgs fan and can't wait to cheer them on during the playoffs

I'm going with Kilgore, although I believe it will be a nail-biter to the end.

Agreed, the young Kilgore team did not get the memo about this being a "rebuilding year". The boys are playing like champions. This team has heart.

It's good to see Kilgore having a nice season. Both Kilgore and Carthage have improved a bunch since last year. This game should be for the district championship. I don't see either team losing another game in district play after this one.
  • Like 1

This gm will definitely make both teams better in the long run and most certainly for Kilgore it will let us fans know how this young team stands against a well oiled team.

I believe Kilgore has been tested in the passing gm vs (TxHigh) and tested in the running gm vs (GW) with their three headed monster they have so hopefully they will give Carthage a heck of a gm. In which I fully suspect them too I really would like to see Kilgore against a completely Healthy Carthage team. GoodLuck to both teams!!!!!

Let's go K-Dogs......

• Like 1