Malakoff at Teague

player73

Malakoff has struggled a good bit the last two weeks. They play extremely well for awhile, and then turn around and make ridiculous mistakes. They lost their starting QB last night and it is not known if he will be back for this week's game. Also the run defense has got to stiffen. If Malakoff plays their best, it should be a good game. But if not, Teague will win by anywhere from 2 to 4 touchdowns. If the QB doesn't make it back this week it will be tough. Their 2nd best QB hasn't practiced at the position since the second scrimmage when the decision was made to move him to WR.

This game is going to be an interesting one. However, I'm going to have to go with Teague. The reason being is that Malakoff went down to the wire with Westwood while Teague, even though the game was close through the first quarter and a half, completely dominated Westwood in the second half. The adjustments the Teague coaching staff made after the first quarter worked to perfection. However, these two teams know whats at stake and I expect another great game. Good luck to both teams!

I want to pick Malakoff but my common sense says Teague. For someone reason Teague always rolls through the season and then dies the first or second round. I have never understood that. Teague has as much talent just about every year as Daingerfield, Cameron Yoe, New Boston, Wall, or any other program in 3A and never seems to put it together in the playoffs. Teague should be a three or four round playoff team just about every season.

I want to pick Malakoff but my common sense says Teague. For someone reason Teague always rolls through the season and then dies the first or second round. I have never understood that. Teague has as much talent just about every year as Daingerfield, Cameron Yoe, New Boston, Wall, or any other program in 3A and never seems to put it together in the playoffs. Teague should be a three or four round playoff team just about every season.

No we shouldn't billy not at all....you give Teague way to much credit my friend. You also got put into your thought process the coaching surrounding the Lions. Kinda like Dfield is going through right now they are needing a change at the helm to get back going.

Let's take a look at the coaches Teague has had since dropping down from old 3A

Kevin Hayes only run run run and run defense...never could defend the pass or pass the ball. Meet the state runner ups in the second round first year down from old 3A (Newton) who was head and shoulders better as a team then Teague and way more talented. 05-09 all the same. Run run run and run defense couldn't defend the pass or pass the ball.

Next brought in Finney who was the exact oppisite to Hayes he threw the ball all over the field and got the defense to start defending the pass but when he went up against run type teams he folded BC Teague didn't defend the run at all or could run all that much and run style teams in marlin that year he made playoffs he lost.

Next brought in Daniel Johnson and same story pass pass pass and could never defend the run to save their lives heck when he was their the defense was just out there. They didn't even try to tackle or anything like that idk if Teague even practiced defense during the week honestly. Both playoffs he meet Newton who lost to the state champions Cameron in regional finals then Whitney who just out scored them BC Teague couldn't run or stop anyone on defense no matter what they did.

Now you have Osborn....went undefeated won first outright district championship since 1976 and lost to the state champions Cameron Yoe.....now in his second season finally having a balanced attack on offense and a heck of a defense will more than likely win the district title and not have to play Cameron till regional finals so I would say this year if we don't atleast make it to the regional finals or atleast a date with east chambers or kirbyville in the 3rd round would be a lose season.

I know their was Harris and another coach inbetween the Hayes to Osborn eras but they weren't much better than the ones mentioned or given a chance to be for that matter.

You act like Teague has all these athletes and we do in spurts but if not used right or coached how to play all 3 parts of the game the talent will never amount to anything. Better coached teams will always prevail over more talented teams.

Teague has had lots of talented kids but have had a problem with coaches over the years. Teague has also had some bad luck of the draw in the playoffs. I know now the coaching problems have been solved so now these talented kids can get coached up.it don't matter now who we draw in the playoffs will be ready and a tough out for any team. It's a great day to be a Teague Lion

Teague should win this game by around 28 points, IMO. Malakoff has struggled more than I thought they would the last two weeks and I would have to suspect they are not as strong as they were in 2014.

Dang Yoe, you trying to put pressure on the Lions. Lol

No we shouldn't billy not at all....you give Teague way to much credit my friend. You also got put into your thought process the coaching surrounding the Lions. Kinda like Dfield is going through right now they are needing a change at the helm to get back going.

Let's take a look at the coaches Teague has had since dropping down from old 3A

Kevin Hayes only run run run and run defense...never could defend the pass or pass the ball. Meet the state runner ups in the second round first year down from old 3A (Newton) who was head and shoulders better as a team then Teague and way more talented. 05-09 all the same. Run run run and run defense couldn't defend the pass or pass the ball.

Next brought in Finney who was the exact oppisite to Hayes he threw the ball all over the field and got the defense to start defending the pass but when he went up against run type teams he folded BC Teague didn't defend the run at all or could run all that much and run style teams in marlin that year he made playoffs he lost.

Next brought in Daniel Johnson and same story pass pass pass and could never defend the run to save their lives heck when he was their the defense was just out there. They didn't even try to tackle or anything like that idk if Teague even practiced defense during the week honestly. Both playoffs he meet Newton who lost to the state champions Cameron in regional finals then Whitney who just out scored them BC Teague couldn't run or stop anyone on defense no matter what they did.

Now you have Osborn....went undefeated won first outright district championship since 1976 and lost to the state champions Cameron Yoe.....now in his second season finally having a balanced attack on offense and a heck of a defense will more than likely win the district title and not have to play Cameron till regional finals so I would say this year if we don't atleast make it to the regional finals or atleast a date with east chambers or kirbyville in the 3rd round would be a lose season.

I know their was Harris and another coach inbetween the Hayes to Osborn eras but they weren't much better than the ones mentioned or given a chance to be for that matter.

You act like Teague has all these athletes and we do in spurts but if not used right or coached how to play all 3 parts of the game the talent will never amount to anything. Better coached teams will always prevail over more talented teams.

+1+1

Having seen Westwood play both teams I really think if both teams play up to their potential Teague should beat Malakoff by 2 or 3 TDs. Teague is just much better up front on both sides of the ball. I do think Malakoff can create some mismatches with their wide outs though. Malakoff's has some tall rangy fast wide outs that you can just throw it up two and just say go get it. I just don't think that is going to be enough.

So it's sounding like Malakoff can show up and let it all hang out as everyone is predicting a loss anyway. Could be a dangerous deal...

This game will be close. Malakoff can easily win this game just like Teague could....two good coaches going at each other it will come down to special teams and whoever can create the most turnovers will win.