Malakoff at Teague

player73

Malakoff D-Line looked pretty bad against WW but showed improvement at times against Elkhart and you have to take into account most of them play both ways. If they can get it together and slow the run down it will be a very close game if not we could be in trouble. Our kids and coaches have found ways to make things happen in the past and I do not expect anything different this week. I have to go with my Tigers in very close one.

I stand by what I said, Teague year in and year out has WAY better athletes than the vast majority of the 3A ranks. And I know a BUNCH of Coaches who agree with me.

And at one time or another the Teague faithful have talked about EVERY Coach on that list being the one that was about to get Teague to turn the corner only to turn on them when things did not turn out as planned after one or two seasons. And to insinuate that one of your Staff's did not even practice defense is ludicrous. MAYBE if a Coach were given more than two seasons then just MAYBE you would have a chance of developing a program that would take on the Newton's and Yoe's of the world and actually win? Because I guarantee you that in most years you HAVE the talent to do so.

The problem at Teague is NOT talent and it is NOT Coaching. IF it is Coaching, then whoever is hiring all these incompetent Coaches needs to be run off before you need your next one.

But I will reiterate, while certainly every program has up and down cycles when it comes to athletes at the 3A level, I am here to tell you that just about ANY Coach who has ANY knowledge of Teague will tell you that in MOST years they have a BUNCH of talent. And just about in every season for the last ten Teague has pretty much romped through the regular season. You have had a bunch of successes but nobody since Hayes has been given a chance to develop the program so it can go to the next level.

I stand by what I said, Teague year in and year out has WAY better athletes than the vast majority of the 3A ranks. And I know a BUNCH of Coaches who agree with me.

And at one time or another the Teague faithful have talked about EVERY Coach on that list being the one that was about to get Teague to turn the corner only to turn on them when things did not turn out as planned after one or two seasons. And to insinuate that one of your Staff's did not even practice defense is ludicrous. MAYBE if a Coach were given more than two seasons then just MAYBE you would have a chance of developing a program that would take on the Newton's and Yoe's of the world and actually win? Because I guarantee you that in most years you HAVE the talent to do so.

The problem at Teague is NOT talent and it is NOT Coaching. IF it is Coaching, then whoever is hiring all these incompetent Coaches needs to be run off before you need your next one.

But I will reiterate, while certainly every program has up and down cycles when it comes to athletes at the 3A level, I am here to tell you that just about ANY Coach who has ANY knowledge of Teague will tell you that in MOST years they have a BUNCH of talent. And just about in every season for the last ten Teague has pretty much romped through the regular season. You have had a bunch of successes but nobody since Hayes has been given a chance to develop the program so it can go to the next level.

"The problem at Teague is NOT talent and it is NOT Coaching." Well, then what is it? Highschoolfootball99 hit the nail right on the head in a post he made earlier. And, finding an exceptional Head Coach is extremely difficult. Why do you think the same teams go deep in the playoffs year in and year out and other teams rarely ever make it? Because most of those Head Coaches have had control of the program for more than a year or two AND they usually hire the staff under them. Some coaches are very good offensive minded coaches but not so much defensively and vice versa. This was the problem for Teague the last few years. However, Coach Osborn and his staff are very good on BOTH sides of the ball. Am I saying they are going to win the championship this year? Not at all, but they will be in the hunt. This program under Coach Osborn is far and away more balanced than in the previous years here at Teague.

Teagues got this. No talent in Malakoff. Just look Westwood and Elkhart almost beat them. Heck Elkhart barely beat Eustace and Kemp beat Eustace by 2 touchdowns. Tell the kids over there that they can just halfway play and beat the Tigers.

Mike 14x, that story is not working in Teague. Lol. This is going to be another great game between two talented football teams that are well coached. IMO

Last year's game was a true Tx HS Classic. It was back & forth until just before half when Teague's explosive offense took over. This year's match up is different. Teague is starting to hit its stride on offense, but it's not near as explosive without the 4 headed monster skill guys lost to graduation. Malakoff is missing last year's QB & one of the best RBs I've seen at this level. Further complicating things for the Tigers is the injury to their current QB (who was having a great year). Not sure of his status.

The difference in this game will be the trenches. Teague's OL & DL has dominated every team so far, some not until the 3rd-4th Qrt, but they are very physical & just wear opponents down. I expect a hard fought game with Teague pulling away late. Lions by 13.

Didn't Teague lose to Yoe in the playoffs last year? Wan't the final score of that game closer than the state finals game? Maybe Teague was the second best team in state last year but just ran into the best team in the state early in the playoffs.

A lot of Cameron folks will agree and thats playing Yoe without All-State 2,000 yard rusher and headhunter in the secondary John Love.

04 9-3

05 7-3

06 7-4

08 3-8

09 1-9

10 6-4

11 5-5

12 7-5

13 7-4

14 11-1

I wouldn't say romping through district at all and would love to meet the coaches that could get Teague around that corner. Teague has always had to meet up with very very good ranked school in the second round.

14- Cameron (state champs)

12- Newton (region final runner up to Cameron)

04- Newton (state runner ups)

First round exits

13- Whitney (no defense at all by either team)

10- Marlin (no rush defense lost 42-8)

07- McGregor (no defense 49-35)

06- Crawford (only time I see Teague losing out earlier than they should but I won't beat a dead horse on the coach)

Coaches- everyone of them since Hayes all messed up on their own...nothing to do with the X's and O's or even being a AD/HC they just made bad decision and they left or needed to leave. I personally never got to know any of them or liked any of them they weren't the right fit.

So yes I blame the people that did all the hiring since Hayes because they didn't look deep enough Into the two main guys since Hayes BC if they did they would of found out what took me just asking a few of the smokey people who the person we were getting and it turned out they were right on point with both.

Now Osborn seems like they may have gotten it right but only time will tell...the way it went about was unusual but sometimes that has to happen for good things to get done.

I know I'll never convince the great BCP but the coaches that think that are out of their minds and probably don't need to be coaching and if it is some state title coaches please send them our way so they can find out for themselves if you will once Osborn decides to hang it up that is BC from what I'm seeing and hearing he is gonna last longer then this year unless something tragic happens between now and next August.

If we are talking the Buffalos and Leon's of 3A then I agree with you but if we are talking the Cameron's and newtons of 3A then absolutely disagree with you.

An friday malakoff will have better athletes on the field then Teague will but Teague will be the more complete Team in my opinion! I believe malakoff has some good years coming up after this one that QB is something else from what I hear!

The record in 2010 was 7-4 and 2012 was 8/4 and I agree with BCP that Teague in these last 10 to 15 years Teague had better athletes than the record they posted. In 07 Teague had athletes all over the field. IMO. Malakoff does have athletes without a doubt but I'll take the Teague athletes over them this year position by position.

The record in 2010 was 7-4 and 2012 was 8/4 and I agree with BCP that Teague in these last 10 to 15 years Teague had better athletes than the record they posted. In 07 Teague had athletes all over the field. IMO. Malakoff does have athletes without a doubt but I'll take the Teague athletes over them this year position by position.

Mart had more athletes in 2007 than Teague did that's why they won district. There is always someone with more athletes than Teague....04 till Mart left the district they had better athletes year in and year out and better football teams that is the reason we only beat them once.