Malakoff at Teague

player73

Hello everyone, first post. I've broadcasted Westwood games on the radio for the last 6 seasons. I believe Teague will win over Malakoff. After seeing both teams play,

Malakoff is not anywhere close to being as polished as Teague. The Tigers looked like they lacked any kind of discipline, where as the Lions showed total self control. The Tigers started relying way to much on their young QB midway through the 3rd qtr, they ran him up the middle and around the edge when they discovered Westwood's inability to tackle, heck the Malakoff coaches had a 1 track mind on the offensive side of the ball, just let the QB keep it. I said on air that the QB was going to end up getting injured if they kept running him when they had 2 rb's that could carve out ground against the Panthers. As far as Teague, I believe they're real this year. Their QB runs a lot, but he knows how to miss getting hit big, he is also more of an accurate passer than I would've thought. It also appeared that the Lions had a whole stable of rb's and wr's that can burn most defenses.

Yep....Malakoff does not stand a chance...I would probably start my JV players and save my starters in this one to get ready for the playoff run. I think I ill just stay home for this one and read about it the next morning

• Like 1

I Think Malakoff has one of the best athletes In 3a football in the kid that wears #1 he finds a way to score every game he's been playing a factor in every game making big plays whether its returning a kickoff or 2. Teague want just run all over malakoff i think the game will be close If Malakoff coach gets the ball in the hands of his playmakers. Im predicting a high scoring close game

Hello everyone, first post. I've broadcasted Westwood games on the radio for the last 6 seasons. I believe Teague will win over Malakoff. After seeing both teams play,

Malakoff is not anywhere close to being as polished as Teague. The Tigers looked like they lacked any kind of discipline, where as the Lions showed total self control. The Tigers started relying way to much on their young QB midway through the 3rd qtr, they ran him up the middle and around the edge when they discovered Westwood's inability to tackle, heck the Malakoff coaches had a 1 track mind on the offensive side of the ball, just let the QB keep it. I said on air that the QB was going to end up getting injured if they kept running him when they had 2 rb's that could carve out ground against the Panthers. As far as Teague, I believe they're real this year. Their QB runs a lot, but he knows how to miss getting hit big, he is also more of an accurate passer than I would've thought. It also appeared that the Lions had a whole stable of rb's and wr's that can burn most defenses.

Part of your statement ok whatever its opinion all have them

But I guess u watched a different game that I did because I would swear that the qb had like 200 or so passing and 2-3 tds passing

And yes they went to the option zone and speed since the Panthers were in a two deep with safety's at 12-15 yds off the ball

and when he got his read he went with it.

How many times did the Westwood qb carry it? yeah alot thats what qb's in HS do

It looks like Malakoff's QB should be good to go for this one. I just wish they had done like most of the other teams (and like the Malakoff coaches requested) and moved the game to Thursday night. I understand that the Teague coaches see a wet game as favoring their team. But it wont be very enjoyable for anyone to watch if it's played in a storm.

• Like 1

Think that the wet field will serve the big qb and rb #42 very well. Straight line runs up the middle are not affected as much as backs that cut, plus the Lions don't have a 300 pounder to run behind or try to move in the running game. Be interesting to see if teague can compete with the high scoring Tigers and all their weapons

It looks like Malakoff's QB should be good to go for this one. I just wish they had done like most of the other teams (and like the Malakoff coaches requested) and moved the game to Thursday night. I understand that the Teague coaches see a wet game as favoring their team. But it wont be very enjoyable for anyone to watch if it's played in a storm.

It wasnt very enjoyable for all the Teague fans last year that had to stand and others that didn't come because of the Malakoff administration refusal to bring in additional seating.

Come on now we have established both teams have a lot of weapons and both lines for the Lions are impressive and strong

Think that the wet field will serve the big qb and rb #42 very well. Straight line runs up the middle are not affected as much as backs that cut, plus the Lions don't have a 300 pounder to run behind or try to move in the running game. Be interesting to see if teague can compete with the high scoring Tigers and all their weapons

I agree, the Lions don't have a 300 pounder to run behind. But, they don't need one. I believe the Teague O-line is one of the strengths of this team. Teague has AVERAGED just under 500 yds per game on offense (539 and 524 in the last two games). This stat alone shows that their line is above average. I think this is going to be a very good game by two good teams. But I believe a wet field does go in Teague's favor. I'm going with Teague in this one.

Malakoff took the Middle School games and the Junior Varsity game. Luckily it didnt rain, but it was very windy. Hopefully the weather wont be too much of a factor tomorrow night. Everyone drive safe on those wet roads.

It will! It will be raining its tail off should have played the game last night like the rest of the district.

• Like 1