Malakoff at Teague

player73

Fact : I went to the Friday Night Football app and typed in "games near me within a 100 miles ". There were 12 games changed and two were postponed. The decision was made two days ago. It is easy to say now since you know how the weather was last night. I guess I am old school but some folks are acting like they never played a game in some bad weather.

• Like 1

I do not consider my self a football expert by any means but would like to understand why ...when you are having success running the ball you do not continue to run the ball...I have seen this at many levels and I guess I will never understand. Hats off to Teague for having their kids ready to play and having a game plan for the weather. Good luck going on.

MHS malakoff didn't have success running the ball last night. Yall had 1 or 2 good runs but besides that Teague D stuffed Yall. The QB is going to be good for Yall he is a year away.....even in dry conditions it would of been same story maybe worse.

Teague defense showed up last night and upfront wore out malakoff D as game went along.

Good luck malakoff make our district proud in playoffs!!!

Teague definitely was a stronger team than Malakoff. So were Westwood and Elkhart. Malakoff has to make up the difference by breaking big plays in the passing game. That wasn't gonna happen in last night's conditions. Also, Malakoff's main running back, Grimm, hyperextended his elbow badly right before the lightning delay and didn't try to play any offense after they came back onto the field. Malakoff's receivers had lots of dropped passes. I really think it would have been a closer game in dry conditions, but the outcome likely would have been the same.

After watching the game and seeing Malakoff on film, it would have been a 21 point game in any conditions. JMO. Good luck to Coach Driskell and the Tigers the rest of the year and the playoffs.Make some noise in the playoffs.

I disagree. Weather played into Teagues hands. Looking at the #'s, they don't throw it, Malakoff does. I listened to the game and Malakoff receivers dropped some big passes in critical situations. At least 7 from what the radio guys said. You don't think that plays a part? Rain doesn't hurt the run game, just saying....

I disagree. Weather played into Teagues hands. Looking at the #'s, they don't throw it, Malakoff does. I listened to the game and Malakoff receivers dropped some big passes in critical situations. At least 7 from what the radio guys said. You don't think that plays a part? Rain doesn't hurt the run game, just saying....

Teague also dropped at least 2 interceptions. I do agree with you that the weather played into Teague's hands more than it did Malakoff. However, Teague can also throw the ball pretty good too. They dont throw it a lot but they dont have to with their power running game. They just didnt throw it because they could run the ball fairly easy. Teague's O-line is well above average. And, their defense is getting better every game. I think Teague would have won by a larger margin if they would have played in good weather. Malakoff is a good team, just not the caliber of Teague. IMO

I stayed thru it all and Malakoff QB has improved since I've seen him last year. I watched Elkhart #3 highlights against Malakoff and he ran at will. I seen us run it at will during a heavy storm. Yalls big guys in the middle just gives up as the game moves on I seen it Friday night as well as on film. If the weather would have been perfect I see the score being us in the high 50s to low 60s and Malakoff high 20s to low 30s. Our weakest part of our game is pass defense but the Malakoff pass game isn't all that good. Oh yeah we can pass as well but we just ran the ball to beat Malakoff in the rain.

I agree the weather helped Teague more than Malakoff. IMO, if you were at the game, you could see the difference in the two teams. The difference was the line of scrimmage.I still stand by what I said it would have been a 21 point game in any conditions. Due to the conditions Malakoff didnt see the Lions total package on offense as the Lions just kept it simple. As for the passes that were dropped, go back and watch some film in good conditions. Without a doubt the Tigers are a very talented team and will be a tough out in the playoffs.

I stayed thru it all and Malakoff QB has improved since I've seen him last year. I watched Elkhart #3 highlights against Malakoff and he ran at will. I seen us run it at will during a heavy storm. Yalls big guys in the middle just gives up as the game moves on I seen it Friday night as well as on film. If the weather would have been perfect I see the score being us in the high 50s to low 60s and Malakoff high 20s to low 30s. Our weakest part of our game is pass defense but the Malakoff pass game isn't all that good. Oh yeah we can pass as well but we just ran the ball to beat Malakoff in the rain.

Weakest part of your game is your receiving core and secondary. Malakoff's strength. Get some! Enjoy it homegrown, next year and the years after ain't gonna be fun for Teague.