Redwater @ Winnsboro

thegreatbambino

I hate to hear that kids are hurt in Winnsboro. RW went through that about 3 years ago where they were on their 3 string QB withing the first 3 games. You know what that's like being a small school that typically only suits up about 22 kids. I think RW went 5-5 that year and had some good wins and still went to the playoffs.

Keep fighting WB...just make sure you start to really fight after you play RW. :) No need to push hard in that game.

Normally, I would pick the team that runs the option the most efficiently which would normally be Winnsboro. However, with all the injuries that seem to plague Winnsboro this year- it is hard to pick them to win this one- plus the momentum that RW seems to be bringing into the game with them.

However, with their backs against the wall and knowing how important this game is for Winnsboro's playoff hopes as well as Redwater wanting to prove something from the tough loss they took last year and build off that big win- it will be a great game to attend with both teams scrapping for every yard on every play.

Will predict that this game makes it to overtime and the winner hits a trick play to win it. That is how this series has been like lately between these two teams.

Before district started I would have said that this game was Winnsboro to lose but now with some key players out and if some miracles do not happen. I look for the Winnsboro Red Raiders to miss the playoffs for the first time in several years. Even if they make the playoffs I look for them to be one and done. I said all that to say this. The game is Redwater's to lose.

What is the latest on Pinnell and the other injured ones?

Not sure on how this game is going to play out. I picked NB to beat RW and I was wrong....thankfully. WB turns around and gets beat by MV which got beat by NB. Based on that alone....RW is capable of winning. WB has had RW's number since entering the district. Should I pick WB to win so I get proved wrong again? :)

Looking at the standings and the matchups for the next two weeks- Winnsboro still could have a chance to make it into the playoffs even if they lose to Redwater.

I predict this to be the final standings (after looking at the remaining matchups) :

Daingerfield- 5-0

Redwater- 4-1

New Boston- 2-3

Mount Vernon- 2-3

Winnsboro- 2-3

Prairiland- 0-5

I think it will come down to a three way tie for 3rd and 4th between New Boston, Mount Vernon, and Winnsboro. Since MV beat Winnsboro but I am predicting Winnsboro to beat New Boston.. it comes down to a coin flip I think (please correct me if I am wrong).

So.... yes it is an important game for Winnsboro and Redwater .. but the New Boston game (thinking Winnsboro will be healthy again) will be huge.

This should be a very physical game. As has been stated the raiders are dealing with injuries and unfortunately they are to the key guys. Obviously that is never good but there are some other guys who can make plays as well. This one will come down to how Winny can block up front. They have been physically whipped the last two weeks and i dont care who is playing qb, rb, or fb if your line doesnt block it will not matter. We can talk all day about the what ifs and so forth but the players that are playing are going to have to go out there and play extremely hard. I hate to beat a dead horse but ive said it the last two weeks and ill say it again this week, i want to see the raiders come out and play with some intensity and some emotion regardless of who is playing and who isnt. Ball security will also be key with the weather that is predicted.

Gonna be a wet one tonight boys. Field should hold up well. If it continues a steady rain all day then it most definitely be wet but it drains pretty well. The southeast corner of the field will be about the worst spot along with the sidelines. Love this kind of weather for football