Hallsville at Greenville (District 15-5A)

Greenville

Greenville%20Game%208%202015%20website%2

This week, the Greenville Lions (2-5, 1-3 district) take part in yet another Homecoming. This time, however, it's actually their own, as they play host to the Hallsville Bobcats (4-3, 2-2 district.) While technically still alive in the playoff race, the Lions seem to have started preparing for the future, having promoted sophomore quarterback Weston Jarvis to starter, and giving reps to sophomore RB CaDamian Hale, younger brother of star senior RB Carandal Hale.

Hale (the senior) currently has 159 carries for 1,520 yards, as the race for a 2,000 yard rushing season is in full force.

-------------------------------

"Hallsville..." ...Colmesneil :)

If Hallsville and PT both win this week......

I'm seriously thinking about going to the Hallsville/PT game next week. It may decide the #4 slot. Big rivalry between them. Could be the game of the week in the district.

Greenville has a great stadium. I loved it last year.

Parking is pitiful. But the stadium itself is great.

I hear ya. But it may get a tiny bit better in the future. We have an elementary school that has been torn down and is in the process of being rebuilt. For now, though, they have a temporary school built next to the stadium where home parking would be in nearly every other stadium. For now, there are a few parking spots that have opened up and a new entrance to the stadium created. Just a fence gap and a booth, but an entrance it is. Next year, once the kids move into their shiny new school, all the trailers are going away, and hopefully the concrete lot that was created to host them will be refitted into some more parking spaces. It won't help a whole lot, but it's better than nothing. Heck, I'd settle for a footbridge from the Paris Junior College parking lot behind the stadium across Monty Stratton Parkway, as long as that new entrance stays open.

As for the rain...bring it on. Not like we throw it around the yard anyway. :)

Thanks, Lobo, I appreciate it.

I hear ya. But it may get a tiny bit better in the future. We have an elementary school that has been torn down and is in the process of being rebuilt. For now, though, they have a temporary school built next to the stadium where home parking would be in nearly every other stadium. For now, there are a few parking spots that have opened up and a new entrance to the stadium created. Just a fence gap and a booth, but an entrance it is. Next year, once the kids move into their shiny new school, all the trailers are going away, and hopefully the concrete lot that was created to host them will be refitted into some more parking spaces. It won't help a whole lot, but it's better than nothing. Heck, I'd settle for a footbridge from the Paris Junior College parking lot behind the stadium across Monty Stratton Parkway, as long as that new entrance stays open.

As for the rain...bring it on. Not like we throw it around the yard anyway. :)

Thanks, Lobo, I appreciate it.

Do y'all own any of that land that's behind the stadium, that's basically just fields? It's a pretty sight, obviously, but seems like that'd be a logical place to put a parking lot at some point.

Hallsville better be prepared Vs. Crarandal Hale..... he's beast.

172 yards Vs. the Mavs last week. Had 126 Vs. Longview. Top rusher in the district. Not an easy take down.

Don't overlook the Lions....

Greenville%20Game%208%202015%20website%2

This week, the Greenville Lions (2-5, 1-3 district) take part in yet another Homecoming. This time, however, it's actually their own, as they play host to the Hallsville Bobcats (4-3, 2-2 district.) While technically still alive in the playoff race, the Lions seem to have started preparing for the future, having promoted sophomore quarterback Weston Jarvis to starter, and giving reps to sophomore RB CaDamian Hale, younger brother of star senior RB Carandal Hale.

Hale (the senior) currently has 159 carries for 1,520 yards, as the race for a 2,000 yard rushing season is in full force.

-------------------------------

"Hallsville..." ...Colmesneil :)

You might want to update the Hallsville helmet. They have since removed the "Cats" and have gone plain with a solid purple helmet. Not sure why they did that? Trying to change the Mojo? I first noticed it last week. Not sure how long ago it was done.

Why is everyone going with the plain solid stuff recently? Strange.

?? Especially how on the college boards people talk about flashy uniforms and how it helps to recruit kids. I do not mind it at all. I just wish that they would go back to the block style numbers so that you could see who made the play. Is that a 3, 6, or an 8 that made that tackle/catch?

This probably goes without saying (so I'll go ahead and say it :) ), but to the Hallsville fans planning on making the trip to the Cotton Field, do yourself a favor and check the weather reports tomorrow. The Metroplex is under severe storm conditions as of now, and several games at all three levels (9, JV, V) have been cancelled tonight. More of the same is expected on Friday. So far, the storm has tapdanced all around Greenville itself without advancing into the city, but that could definitely change over the course of Friday. Make sure the game is still on before you make the 2+ hour trip (each way) to the game.

And most importantly, be safe. And Go Lions! :)

You might want to update the Hallsville helmet. They have since removed the "Cats" and have gone plain with a solid purple helmet. Not sure why they did that? Trying to change the Mojo? I first noticed it last week. Not sure how long ago it was done.

Thanks for the heads up, but I've just been too busy to get them changed this week. Greenville goes "Pittsburgh Steelers-style" with their helmet decal on only one side (and not the side the helmet is currently facing in the sig) as well. No idea why it's trending that way (the no decal route), but I am not a fan.

This probably goes without saying (so I'll go ahead and say it :) ), but to the Hallsville fans planning on making the trip to the Cotton Field, do yourself a favor and check the weather reports tomorrow. The Metroplex is under severe storm conditions as of now, and several games at all three levels (9, JV, V) have been cancelled tonight. More of the same is expected on Friday. So far, the storm has tapdanced all around Greenville itself without advancing into the city, but that could definitely change over the course of Friday. Make sure the game is still on before you make the 2+ hour trip (each way) to the game.

And most importantly, be safe. And Go Lions! :)

Certainly plan on checking before heading out. Rain is no big deal it is the lightning that causes the big headaches.

Do y'all own any of that land that's behind the stadium, that's basically just fields? It's a pretty sight, obviously, but seems like that'd be a logical place to put a parking lot at some point.

I honestly do not know. Beyond plans to expand the Parkway to either 4 or six lanes, the city hasn't told us anything.

The space just south of the stadium was reserved for a new YMCA, but that deal fell through. Since then...crickets.