Life After Romo Retires/finds a New Team

Dallas has no choice at this point other than get a mid round QB and develop him. Romo's future salary doesn't allow anything else. That's not a criticism.....just a fact. A fact that has been pushed back for several years now and it has finally caught up with them.

It is still all about the running game. Can't settle on a RB and now we are halfway thru the season with no ground game in sight.

Dallas has no choice at this point other than get a mid round QB and develop him. Romo's future salary doesn't allow anything else. That's not a criticism.....just a fact. A fact that has been pushed back for several years now and it has finally caught up with them.

It is still all about the running game. Can't settle on a RB and now we are halfway thru the season with no ground game in sight.

I agree with the first paragraph, but one can be taken at least with a second round pick. Darren McFadden looked awfully good today, but Cassel has to get a lot more reps with the receivers. If he plays like he did today in the next two games I'd release him.

This will be the last year with the Cowboys for either Weeden or Cassel. They will not keep both for next season. We will either see a younger Free Agent or another draft pick next year.

Weeden will not be employed for the Cowboys at the conclusion of this season - probably not in the NFL either.

Save us John the Football. Your our only hope.

If Jerry was smart he would release Romo at the end of the season and cut his losses with that over priced contract and go all out for a QB in the draft ...

If he keeps screwing around with these retreads his younger players are going to grow old waiting on a QB ....

If Jerry was smart he would release Romo at the end of the season and cut his losses with that over priced contract and go all out for a QB in the draft ...

If he keeps screwing around with these retreads his younger players are going to grow old waiting on a QB ....

i wonder what college QB's would be considered a can't miss if there are any

i wonder what college QB's would be considered a can't miss if there are any

From what I saw there aren't going to be many solid picks available in 2016. Only Paxton Lynch, Jared Goff, and Connor Cook are projected to go in the 1st round. I'd take Connor Cook in the 2nd if he's still available. I think we're going to be picking somewhere between 8-12 this year. I don't think he's worth picking that early. There are several teams that I think would draft a quarterback in the first round next year San Francisco, Kansas City, Houston, Chicago, New York Jets, Buffalo, Washington Redskins, Philadelphia, New Orleans, and St. Louis. He might not be available in the second round.

That's what this whole thread is about. The article specifically mentions him as Romo's future replacement. Did you even read the article ???

Yes I read the article. I just do not see what the fuss is all about. The Cowboys have never said anything about even inquiring about him. I guess we are supposed to go along with it because a writer said it's a possibility. Okay then..... I hear we are getting Adrian Peterson and Calvin Johnson. They are trading Cole and Christine Micheal and a draft pick to be named later.