Mount Pleasant (2-6, 2-3) Vs. Marshall (7-1, 4-1)

Mavchamp

MP Vs. Marshall  

15 members have voted

1. 1. W

• Marshall in a close one
    • MP in a close one
    • Marshall in a blow out
    • MP in a blowout

Don't think it's unfair to ask why y'all think it's going to take time now after saying he would fit in without problem....especially since y'all are now facing two teams in the last weeks of the regular season that are a combined 2-14.

I agree completely.... Going forward I think it's very fair to assess him as a full time QB. Particularly against 2 struggling teams. We should see a return to closer to what we saw in the first 7 weeks offensively. If not...... We are in trouble.

But last week was brutal on him. Your first varsity start at QB and you get rewarded with a monsoon, a muddy field, 4 days of prep, and against the 2nd best team you've faced all season. That's rough. That game would have been tough even for Hart under those conditions.

If the struggles we saw Friday continue Vs MP and SS...... We're in deep trouble. I don't think we will. I think we will see a significant uptick offensively.

Conditions like Friday don't happen that often. I've been going to games for a looooong time and I can count on my fingers how many times I've seen conditions like that. He was thrown to the wolves...... And there aren't many teams that could throw out their 2nd string QB and have expected much more in the same conditions. Gotta just tip your hat to Tex high and move on; they had an outstanding game plan for that night. Shame on our coaches for not having a game plan more suited for that weather.

And sure.... He had some snaps at QB over the course of the season. But a handful of second half snaps in blowout games in which you weren't trying to run up the score hardly does much to prepare you for anything. He definatly wasn't tossing the ball 30 yards downfield against teams when we were up by 3 or 4 TDs. Handing the ball off to bench players wasn't exactly preparing him for Texas High.

Like I said.... I'm reserving judgement until I see how things go in the next two weeks. I just think judging the kid after ONE game in the conditions he faced is unfair. But we will know soon enough.

You should go back and read the Texas High thread. All your fans were saying how he wouldn't miss a bit. Completely opposite tone this week.

Eh I did that before posting anyway, one guy said id make him prove he can throw it before I let his legs beat me which is exactly what THIGH did the rest was guarded optimism talk of him being more prepared for next year and him throwing short passes, nobody said he'd come in and throw for 300 yards and such

Unrelated to this game.....

But it appears the big news I spoke about last week will be coming known very soon. Heard it from 3 sources now. It should add a lot of excitement for everyone........

Can't wait for this to be announced!! It's BIG!

------

Part of me wants to see this game moved to Thursday to beat the weather. I don't see how playing in similar conditions to last week does anything to help Haller's development. A dry game gives him a "normal" setting to get his rhythm going.

BUT..... if we don't move it....I'll be heading to see Hallsville and Pine Tree play Thursday.

You don't move a football game due to a little rain...come on man

When people post this foolishness, do they not understand that with that "little rain", includes the lightning too in the storms that are expected to be in the pines on Friday and Saturday. You can't play when it's lightning, smart guy.

When people post this foolishness, do they not understand that with that "little rain", includes the lightning too in the storms that are expected to be in the pines on Friday and Saturday. You can't play when it's lightning, smart guy.

Forecast calls for showers, not thunderstorms.

LOL. Last week is the first time I EVER remember going to Grimm and it not be freezing. Then again.... I never remember a game in MP being warm either. Only been to SS once and it was cold there too.

I wore shorts to Texarkana last week. It was warm. I would rather be sitting in wet shorts and wet pants.

But that I-30 corridor has it's own climate compared to the I-20 corridor.

Good seeing Corteze Hurd taking some snaps at QB to hand it off to Haller. Mixing it up.

Man. Haller has got a gun. He can toss that rock downfield. If he can find some accuracy he could be deadly.

Happy to see some excitement again. Seems like we've been in the dumps ever since Hart and Landreneaux went down.

Time to work on getting ready for the post season!