Trouble in Aggieland?

Lobo97

This article is by Dan Lyons....

Report: Kyler Murray Didn’t Play vs. Ole Miss Because He Cursed Out Jake Spavital During Alabama Game

After a blowout loss to Ole Miss, Texas A&M head coach Kevin Sumlin said that freshman Kyler Murray didn’t get an opportunity at quarterback, despite massive struggles by starter Kyle Allen,because of how he looked in practice. According to a report byCBS Houston’s John P. Lopez, the issues run far deeper than that. In a long piece chronicling some serious dissent within the Aggies program,

Lopez says that Murray was benched after cursing out offensive coordinator Jake Spavital after being pulled from last week’s game against Alabama after an interception. He also discusses a playing time promise that was given to Murray during the recruiting process, which further complicates things.

According to Lopez, Murray was also not given any snaps with the first team this week, and the issues may be dividing the team.

Hence, when Murray was yanked in the Alabama game after throwing an interception, he went full F-bomb on Spavital and his fate for the Ole Miss game was sealed.

Had Allen looked competent, this may not have been a major issue, but he was completely ineffective against the Rebels defense. He finished 12-of-34 for 88 yards and a pick, and was 0-for-13 in the third quarter, with the game hanging in the balance. Two weeks ago, A&M was 5-0, coming off a bye week to face powerhouse Alabama. Now, it looks like things are on the verge of falling apart in College Station.

Some players also believed Murray should have been left at home, rather than face the embarrassment of national television cameras focused on him any time Allen made a mistake. Then, the worst-case scenario happened. Allen wasn’t just bad. He was awful. And there was Murray, shamed on the sideline, for all the college football world to see.

Players began taking sides in the locker-room more than ever, some believing Allen’s physical (shoulder) and mental struggles should have opened the door for Murray to get a legitimate chance to make the team his.

Funny a few weeks ago everything was about Strong has "lost" his team and some predicting Longhorns to go 4-8. Oh how quickly things can change in a matter of weeks in college football. The schedule this season was set up perfectly for A&M to actually have a shot at the playoff but I'm not surprised with how the season's playing out , aggies will be nothing more than middle of the pack SEC west team.

Funny a few weeks ago everything was about Strong has "lost" his team and some predicting Longhorns to go 4-8. Oh how quickly things can change in a matter of weeks in college football. I also see theirs a video going viral of Sumlin stumbling around buzzed/drunk in a hotel.

Charlie isn't out of the woods yet... their next 3 games will determine if they go to a bowl game. No way in hell they beat Baylor and Texas Tech will be a 50/50 game.

Be about right. Get a defense and the offense goes to heck. Spavital should have been gone last year. Guy is not an offensive coordinator. He's a barely average position coach that has fooled CS into thinking he's a genius. He's an idiot savant without the savant. Turn the keys over to Christensen.

Charlie isn't out of the woods yet... their next 3 games will determine if they go to a bowl game. No way in hell they beat Baylor and Texas Tech will be a 50/50 game.

Texas might have a shot with Baylors QB breaking his neck bones?

I don't want to derail this thread but the notion that Strong is on the hot seat is ludicrous. Of all the internet news stories that came out three weeks ago claiming Strong was history if he didn't beat OU, not a single one put forth any names to validate what they were writing. A majority of what is posted on the internet is click bait. There are very few true journalists these days. Most are op/ed writers that present their BS as fact.

• Like 1

I don't want to derail this thread but the notion that Strong is on the hot seat is ludicrous. Of all the internet news stories that came out three weeks ago claiming Strong was history if he didn't beat OU, not a single one put forth any names to validate what they were writing. A majority of what is posted on the internet is click bait. There are very few true journalists these days. Most are op/ed writers that present their BS as fact.

I never said he was on the hot seat.... I insinuated that he isn't safe just yet. losses to Iowa State, Texas Tech, and West Virginia coupled with a blowout loss in Baylor... Tell me that couldn't happen and I will laugh in your face. Losing 4 of these last 5 will put them at 4-8. And he guaranteed he would not have 7 losses again... does 8 not count or will his boosters forgive him just because he beat OU?

Now do I think it will happen? Heck no. But from what I have seen this season, I know that teams only have to really stop 1 player to shut down your offense... so losing those 4 is not an impossible or even unlikely scenario. You can't beat OU and Kansas St, raise expectations then away your bowl hopes in your final 5 games...

I would take any Offensive Coordinator over what we have now. And Although he is just awful and needs to go, I still can't help but feel that Murray is coming off as an entitled spoiled brat. Another thing I heard is that Kevin & Kyler feel that he never really got a fair chance at the starting job. There is nothing I have seen that warrants him being the starter up until this point. He's small and doesn't have the arm strength just yet. Doesn't matter how all world you were in high school and how many people wanted you, you're till not above team or coaches.

I would take any Offensive Coordinator over what we have now. And Although he is just awful and needs to go, I still can't help but feel that Murray is coming off as an entitled spoiled brat. Another thing I heard is that Kevin & Kyler feel that he never really got a fair chance at the starting job. There is nothing I have seen that warrants him being the starter up until this point. He's small and doesn't have the arm strength just yet. Doesn't matter how all world you were in high school and how many people wanted you, you're till not above team or coaches.

Multiple reports were that Murray had one of the best HS QB scouting reports every. Said he could make all the throws etc. I don't doubt he was promised early playing time. It's something a lot of HS athletes deal with adjusting to. Something A&M will have to adjust to as the continue to bring in elite talent.

On another note, I met him after A&M/Ark. He is a short guy. If he is an even 5'9" is be shocked. Very arrogant guy too.

I thought he was a candidate for a coaching position. Has that changed after the recent offensive struggles?