My second annual SDC rant

EnjoyLife

Probably going to be raining tommorrow night so please wear a slicker or pancho instead of pulling out an umbrella that blocks the view of folks seated behind you. Have a little consideration for others. That is all.

but the pancho hood messes with my hair. The umbrella keeps me and hair looking unique. Plus the colors on it are radiant!

I always wind up sitting next to the guy who knows what play would have worked, and when a play does work says, "that is what I would have called too" Or yells as loudly as he can 'Call the play that works", then looks around to see all if all his buddies heard him.

Shut the heck up you nimrod. You do not have a clue what i going on out on that field.

Thanks, I feel better now.

• Like 1

I always wind up sitting next to the guy who knows what play would have worked, and when a play does work says, "that is what I would have called too" Or yells as loudly as he can 'Call the play that works", then looks around to see all if all his buddies heard him.

Shut the heck up you nimrod. You do not have a clue what i going on out on that field.

Thanks, I feel better now.

Those people are entertaining! The ones that run me crazy are the people that only come to the game to be seen, gossip and speak the whole time about everything, except the game. Those are the people that I hate to sit next to. Then again, I do love gossip.

Probably going to be raining tommorrow night so please wear a slicker or pancho instead of pulling out an umbrella that blocks the view of folks seated behind you. Have a little consideration for others. That is all.

If the crowd is thin...umbrellas are fine...you can spread out.

I attended a game a few weeks ago and was just there because I liked the matchup and did not really care who won, I do that a lot because I like high school football. I also seem to end up by the biggest idiot in the stands. On this night, the guy in front of me wore the coaches out for 3 quarters, they could do nothing right. He screamed all night to throw the slant (and I mean every single offensive snap) and would look at his wife and I really think she felt he was football intelligent. I normally do not say anything, but wearing a staff out really bothers me and hearing throw the slant for three quarters finally took its toll. So I asked the man what he was seeing that made him think the slant was there. He replied the defense that the other team was in. So then I asked him what defense they were in and he said 4-3. I then replied that they were not in a 4-3, but that had very little to do with why the slant was there and asked him what kind of coverage he was seeing and added are you seeing a man, cover 2, cover 3, etc. just what is it that makes you feel the slant has been there on every single snap?. He and his wife got up and left. Guess I made him mad, but I sure enjoyed the last quarter of play without him there.

• Like 1

I always wind up sitting next to the guy who knows what play would have worked, and when a play does work says, "that is what I would have called too" Or yells as loudly as he can 'Call the play that works", then looks around to see all if all his buddies heard.

Well, I'm right ain't I? They need to call that touchdown play more often.

Umbrellas and bleacher coaches don't bother me because they have no effect on the game. What gets me are bands that think that the best time to blast their music is when our team is on offense, usually in the 4th qtr of a close game. But if the other team is backed up against the goal line, directly in front of the band.....silence.

• Like 1

Umbrellas and bleacher coaches don't bother me because they have no effect on the game. What gets me are bands that think that the best time to blast their music is when our team is on offense, usually in the 4th qtr of a close game. But if the other team is backed up against the goal line, directly in front of the band.....silence.

I've seen that, too, and thought "things that make you go, Hmmmm." At least our band has a little bit of knowledge of the game. In R.E. St. John you are right on top of the field in a somewhat closed environment, and the bands and crowds are especially loud, so it would be much more important to know the situation before the band is blaring. I think that is on the band director.

I do, but I go to the very top.

Me too. But age seems to be taking it's toll and my knees are killing me by the end of the games now. I doubt I've got more than a couple years of standing left in me, but the tragedy of it is if I have to sit, then my voice won't carry as well and then how will the coaches and refs know how wrong they are? Why must everything that's beautiful die?

Me too. But age seems to be taking it's toll and my knees are killing me by the end of the games now. I doubt I've got more than a couple years of standing left in me, but the tragedy of it is if I have to sit, then my voice won't carry as well and then how will the coaches and refs know how wrong they are? Why must everything that's beautiful die?

Megaphone my friend. Megaphone.

I've seen that, too, and thought "things that make you go, Hmmmm." At least our band has a little bit of knowledge of the game. In R.E. St. John you are right on top of the field in a somewhat closed environment, and the bands and crowds are especially loud, so it would be much more important to know the situation before the band is blaring. I think that is on the band director.

We played JT in Kilgore a few years ago and the game went 3OT's. The 1st OT we were right in front of JT's band and they blared every horn they had as loud as they could on our possession. The 2nd OT went to the other end of the field. Guess what? So did JT's band. The whole band got up and ran from one end of the bleachers to the other and picked right up where they left off. 3rd OT... same thing.