Heisman Race

BillSimmons

Fournette over boykin is an easy choice... Boykin is the best qb no doubt, but he's not having an "exceptional" season the way Fournette is having. I mean we're talking about him possibly having the best season ever for a rb. That's something different entirely.

Fournette over boykin is an easy choice... Boykin is the best qb no doubt, but he's not having an "exceptional" season the way Fournette is having. I mean we're talking about him possibly having the best season ever for a rb. That's something different entirely.

I don't see Fournette surpassing Sander's Heisman season stats.

He is still 1276 yards away and 22 rushing touchdowns away with 5 possibly 6 games left.

I don't either... But he has the most realistic chance we've seen in years. He's also short a game because of that cancellation.

How quickly we've forgotten about Melvin Gordon from last year. I guess playing at Wisconsin doesn't count.

Boykin is having an incredibly exceptional season...On pace to have better seasons than Mariota and Winston, statistically. Worth noting they were both on undefeated teams.

I know a receiver never wins, but what if Coleman finishes with 30 receiving touchdowns? How could you not give it to,him?

TCU WR Doctson already has 1250 Rec yards and 14 Touchdowns. Coleman is sitting at 962 and 18. Both are insane. Coleman is averaging 20.5 yards per reception.

How quickly we've forgotten about Melvin Gordon from last year. I guess playing at Wisconsin doesn't count.

Fournette will not get 2500 yards. He won't have near the carries either. I think he could top Gordons 7.7 YPC and 28 TDs though.

Boykin is having an incredibly exceptional season...On pace to have better seasons than Mariota and Winston, statistically. Worth noting they were both on undefeated teams.

TCU WR Doctson already has 1250 Rec yards and 14 Touchdowns. Coleman is sitting at 962 and 18. Both are insane. Coleman is averaging 20.5 yards per reception.

The crazy thing about Coleman is he hasn't played a full game yet this year. If he didn't play in the second half against Iowa State, that means he hasn't played in the second half of a game this year...

The crazy thing about Coleman is he hasn't played a full game yet this year. If he didn't play in the second half against Iowa State, that means he hasn't played in the second half of a game this year...

There is not polite way to say it, but I'm just not buying into the Coleman or Doctson hype. There isn't anything impressive to me, individually, about catching a go route for a 50 yard touchdown on blown coverage. WRs should do that. What separates these two from the other top WRs besides the system they are in? Either of these guys go down, probably more so Coleman, and it's next guy up and they don't miss a beat. I want to see that Heisman moment, against a good team, where this player just takes over the game and is the sole reason they won. I can only think of four guys that have done that all season...

Fournette

Boykin

Greg Ward Jr.

Christian McCaffery (but what happened against NW?!)

I didn't remember how good his stats were last year.

2578 yards and 29 touchdowns. If that doesn't get you a Heisman than I don't see how Fournette can get one.

He does have the full push of the SECPN behind him though.

I think it's sort of odd that Boykin is even mentioned as a favorite when he's listed as the 230th ranked prospect in next years draft. He's expected to go in the 6th or 7th round. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2016/QB . ESPN has Fournette is the leader so far by a large margin. You can take that poll with a grain of salt since only 10 people are voting. http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman/