Heisman Race

BillSimmons

that's an ignorant statement.

You're ignorant for even thinking that. Have you seen the kid play? Obviously not. There are a lot of great players out there including McCaffrey, Boykin, Henry, etc but none of them are Fournette caliber. And I HATE LSU. lol He is simply a man amongst boys out there.

Fournette is probably going to win. But, he's not going to get 98% of the 1st place votes like it looked like a couple weeks ago.

Fournette will lose it if LSU suffers losses to Bama and has less than 100, Ole MIss, and A&M... but hell, he may run for 500 on Chavis's defense...

It sure isn't because most of them can't even cut it in the NFL. It seems to me if you're the best college football player, you could at least take it to the next level.

Remember Tommy Frazier and Eric Crouch? Both were option QBs... what place do/did they have in the NFL? Did that make them any less impactful in college football?

Fournette will lose it if LSU suffers losses to Bama and has less than 100, Ole MIss, and A&M... but hell, he may run for 500 on Chavis's defense...

I agree, if Fournette stumbles in any of those games Boykin could very well win the Heisman. I think it's neck and neck right now ...

Remember Tommy Frazier and Eric Crouch? Both were option QBs... what place do/did they have in the NFL? Did that make them any less impactful in college football?

Actually they probably could have succeeded if Frazier hadn't had health problems and Crouch would have switched positions. I think Crouch left a lot of money on the table, by not doing so. In the last twenty years only Eddie George, Charles Woodson, Rickey Williams, Carson Palmer, does Reggie Bush count anymore, and Cam Newton have had successful careers. The verdict is still out on Winston and Mariota. That's a very sorry success rate. If you're the best at one level, you should be at least marginal at the next. That tells me your success at the college level was because of the system in place, such as Andre Ware. The talent should transcend, instead of declining or stagnating.

Actually they probably could have succeeded if Frazier hadn't had health problems and Crouch would have switched positions. I think Crouch left a lot of money on the table, by not doing so. In the last twenty years only Eddie George, Charles Woodson, Rickey Williams, Carson Palmer, does Reggie Bush count anymore, and Cam Newton have had successful careers. The verdict is still out on Winston and Mariota. That's a very sorry success rate. If you're the best at one level, you should be at least marginal at the next. That tells me your success at the college level was because of the system in place, such as Andre Ware. The talent should transcend, instead of declining or stagnating.

Disagree. 2 totally different animals. The proliferation of the Spread offenses does not translate to the Pro game.

Sometimes it's clear who the best player on the field is... Last year I felt that Amari Cooper was by far the best player on the field in all 14 games. This year Fournette is that. I think that is how they should look at these awards, not numbers and systems... But their voting process is as flawed as the AP top 2

Disagree. 2 totally different animals. The proliferation of the Spread offenses does not translate to the Pro game.

If you're a great athlete, and the best thing in college football they should be able to learn how to read coverage. Tim Tebow was the same as Crouch, if he would have shifted to tight end or h back he would still be in the NFL. He has the size and speed to do it.

Fournette and Boykin will both still be front runners. To think either of them will be knocked out based on 1 game is ridiculous.

Boykin threw 4 INT's and a fumble. Unless everyone else in the field has a terrible game, Boykin will nor win it.

Boykin threw 4 INT's and a fumble. Unless everyone else in the field has a terrible game, Boykin will nor win it.

And he may slip from the overall frontrunner to 5th. But once he has another incredible game or two, he'll be right back at the top of the list. Here's the thing, if he had this performance in the final game of the season, then I'd agree that it may cost him. However, there is still a lot of football to be played and he will still see a few more top teams. If he plays these last few games like he did every game....but 1....he'll be right back in it.

Didn't he throw for something like 450 yards and a couple of TDs to go along with the 4 picks? I know they lost, but he still put up Big numbers ... unlike the LSU RB ...

• Like 1

Didn't he throw for something like 450 yards and a couple of TDs to go along with the 4 picks? I know they lost, but he still put up Big numbers ... unlike the LSU RB ...

All of his picks were really bad though. I think OSU had 17 or 21 points off turnovers

Like I said about LSU as a team, Fournette is going to have to make people forget about that game... That means he will need more 200 yd games/3 TDs... One of those against Ole Miss will help people forget... Arkansas who people think have a great defense despite some terrible games, and A&M who everyone thinks he should run wild on.