Heisman Race

BillSimmons

If Derrick Henry continues to have the sort of games he's having, through the last two weeks of the regular season and in the SECCG, while carrying his team to a spot in the CFP, and they give it to ANYBODY else, they should stop giving the award and burn the New York Downtown Athletic Club to the ground.

You could say the same exact things about Mayfield if Oklahoma wins out.

If Derrick Henry continues to have the sort of games he's having, through the last two weeks of the regular season and in the SECCG, while carrying his team to a spot in the CFP, and they give it to ANYBODY else, they should stop giving the award and burn the New York Downtown Athletic Club to the ground.

This is very true.

The trophy is Henry's this year 'cause Alabama is gonna win out. Baker may get an invite to NYC, provided he continues to impress. But, as OU will lose to at least one of their next two opponents, the hype is gonna ebb late.

However, he should enter next year as one of the leading candidates, with Russell and Fournette.

Take Baker away from OU and Henry away from Alabama and see who makes the bigger difference.

OU without Baker loses to Tennessee, WVa, and Baylor this season... and gets donkey stomped by TCU + Okie State.

'Bama without Henry is a somewhat less impressive 9-1 team.

OU without Baker loses to Tennessee, WVa, and Baylor this season... and gets donkey stomped by TCU + Okie State.

BAMA without Henry is 7-3 at best. He was huge vs. A&M, and do you seriously think they beat LSU without his 38 carries for 200+ yards and 3 TDs? The rest of the RB stable is not that impressive.

BAMA without Henry is 7-3 at best. He was huge vs. A&M, and do you seriously think they beat LSU without his 38 carries for 200+ yards and 3 TDs? The rest of the RB stable is not that impressive.

Not *as* impressive, no... those wins would've been tougher games, yes, but they would've still been wins.

BAMA is a long way from an offensive juggernaut. Take Henry away and they don't produce near as many yards.

I don't disagree... but OU with T.Knight at the helm doesn't even sniff playoff contention this year.

Baker is great....but everybody looks like they should win the Heisman after playing our D.

LSU defense looked pretty stout until they faced BAMA. Arkansas basically copy and pasted BAMA's LSU game plan. LSU missing their best blocking TEs really hurt their run game. With nobody to seal the edge, Fournette looks pretty mortal.

The only thing I can say is that Founette is not the problem at LSU... He could have run for 300 on Bama if the OL wasn't trying out for DT at Bama during the game. I still believe that Fournette may be the best RB in college football, but LSU's OL is inferior to stout DLs. He couldn't get past the LOS with Bama bc of that and against Arkansas, LSU was down 3 scores in 4 possessions... They went to the air. Fournette still finished with 91 yards on 19 carries... Not really a bad game considering he normally has 10 more carries a game.

The only thing I can say is that Founette is not the problem at LSU... He could have run for 300 on Bama if the OL wasn't trying out for DT at Bama during the game. I still believe that Fournette may be the best RB in college football, but LSU's OL is inferior to stout DLs. He couldn't get past the LOS with Bama bc of that and against Arkansas, LSU was down 3 scores in 4 possessions... They went to the air. Fournette still finished with 91 yards on 19 carries... Not really a bad game considering he normally has 10 more carries a game.

I will agree with you on that. For all the talk about what a "brilliant offensive mind" Cam Cameron is, he looks out of his league against Kirby Smart and Nick Saban. They've got some of the best athletes in the country, but in big games, they turn into the 1979 Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

I will agree with you on that. For all the talk about what a "brilliant offensive mind" Cam Cameron is, he looks out of his league against Kirby Smart and Nick Saban. They've got some of the best athletes in the country, but in big games, they turn into the 1979 Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

It's because LSU can not develop quarterbacks.