Pewitt @ Hooks district championship

brahmas1

who will be district champs  

78 members have voted

1. 1. who will be district champs

• Pewitt
    • Hooks

I like the more concussions than sacks with no penalties line. Who cares and I bet money if you watch the tape probably all of them were helmet to helmet WHICH IS ILLEGAL. We just don't have refs smart enough to catch that.[/quote

Helmet to helmet only applies to quarterbacks in the pocket and defenseless receivers if I'm not mistaken. If if meant all the time you would have a penalty on every play![/quote

The rule says if a defensive player leads with his

Helmet and hits another player in the helmet that's is an illegal hit. You can hit QBs RBs and WRs illegally, also running backs leading with their heads into defensive players can be flagged as well

I like the more concussions than sacks with no penalties line. Who cares and I bet money if you watch the tape probably all of them were helmet to helmet WHICH IS ILLEGAL. We just don't have refs smart enough to catch that.[/quote

Helmet to helmet only applies to quarterbacks in the pocket and defenseless receivers if I'm not mistaken. If if meant all the time you would have a penalty on every play![/quote

That's not exactly what the rule says, but whatever. Bigger point is that PP doesn't play dirty or take cheap shots on opposing teams!

Love the smack I am reading from both teams. Priceless, but it won't buy you a coke anywhere. I am pulling for Hooks because I now have a grandson in the program at the Jr High level and I will support him thru thick and thin. IMO both teams are on the upswing as far as team talent. As I mentioned they are both above average for 3AD2 teams. I doubt either will break out of the region and will not likely make it past 3 deep.(luck of the draw carries more weight in the first 2 post season games than true talent). This is the point the above average teams shine and draw their fans into this false since of greatness. Next game the real world slaps you down and you can see the difference between an above average team an a State contender. I am truly behind Hooks and if PP. is in it later than Hooks I will support them as the rep of our dist. I think both teams should get ready for this weekends show and slow down on the chest beating which is mostly second string fans anyway( I know I am.) if I knew then what I know now i would have been 100 lbs heavier and run at least a 4.45. Kids then And now just don't think ahead. As before may the best team win and my both represent NE Texas with pride in the playoff rounds. I don't expect either team to break out of our region but I would love to eat crow on this call. Good luck and stay safe

• Like 1

Sting92 you wanna call be boy, Nature better precede it. I'm Casey Traylor. Walk across that crappy field and ask for me. I'll have a shaved head. Won't be hard to miss. Call be boy in person and not some forum. Yeah 93 y'all are cocky. I had all intentions of light hearted fun, but when you all sound like your the '85 Chicago Bears I threw up in my mouth. We'll keep your heads ringing.

Sting92 you wanna call be boy, Nature better precede it. I'm Casey Traylor. Walk across that crappy field and ask for me. I'll have a shaved head. Won't be hard to miss. Call be boy in person and not some forum. Yeah 93 y'all are cocky. I had all intentions of light hearted fun, but when you all sound like your the '85 Chicago Bears I threw up in my mouth. We'll keep your heads ringing.

Lol, dude, what are you 12, I guess it's okay for you to brag and boast and talk all the BS in the world about your team, but the one second a Hooks fan stands up and says we might be good we are cocky and you want to meet us in the middle of the field. That is the most immature and ignorant thing I have ever heard. Your beginning to sound like a QC fan now. How sad!!

• Like 1

No I'm not 12. I don't got problem with your kids. They are just kids, but you all are a bunch of blow hards who have done anything in I don't when. Big enough Ro D. Better bring a six pack though. I don't behind my profile name. I can't stand fans who hide behind their name and talk tough. Now that's acting your 12.

maybe sdc is not for you. this site is intended to smack talk, and when they do you try to get all offended? But who is talking tough besides you? what I have read is that we are saying our "kids" are tough just like the ones at PP, maybe I am reading it wrong?

• Like 1

I thought I was just smack talking. What I say is considered smack talk in Brahmaland. When a someone calls me "boy" or says I'm acting like I'm 12 then yes, I'm going to ramp it up a notch. Sorry. You've been on a 8 game streak. Not counting our common district, which is week. I'm talking about your preseason. I don't care who scheduled it. Point Is Pewitt can't schedule a schedule like that. Why in the past do u think we play LE for example? Cause we want to. No we can't find schools our size who are willing to play us. The thing that got under my skin was one of your posters talking about two of our losses, which were to the two best teams in 3a. First one of which we were still trying to figure this offense out. Were the scores bad? Heck yea. If Hooks played them it would have been worse. Don't come at me with that when your playing Chism and Clarksville. Like I said I had all intentions of light hearted fun, but when you insult me with "boy" and "act your age" and insult my Brahmas, then I'm not hiding behind a profile name and I'm going to ramp it up.

no doubt our schedule was weaker by a lot, but our district victories are pretty close though. for intense I watched you guys play HS and your coach pulled the starters when it was 41-0 I do believe. As for hooks the starters were pulled at 43-0 so pretty close. Again I have watch your kids play live twice now this year and no doubt they are physical, and that running back is huge and can cut on a dime. the qb is right there with him, but has anyone from bramaland seen hooks live? believe me when I tell you it will be some banging on both sides and I believe its going to be a great game that will come down to the end. Friday cant get here quick enough

Yes, we believe that we will win. Somebody will be eating crow late Friday night. Smoaky is to have fun and talk a little smack. Can't we all just get along. You will never convince me that ya'll will win and vice versa. Who cares that your schedule was harder. You lost those games very badly, so they don't count towards your argument. If you had played those games close then you could say your schedule is harder and look what we did. I think that playing a harder schedule and getting your tail handed to you does not help a team get better. We played Harmony who is a decent team. We played terrible and coaches made adjustments. I think it is harder to make adjustments when playing a bigger, stronger, faster team than you because they make everyone on the team look bad. Just my opinion.

Well Cannon85 I tried and it all of 5 minutes for this punk hornetblue to flap his jaws. Harmony is the only "descent" team you played and the Celina of east Texas Hawkins played them closer. Stay away from that sticky icky in the river bottoms. It's got you boys delusional. Just have ice and Advil on hand. Sorry Cannon85. I tried.

Well Cannon85 I tried and it all of 5 minutes for this punk hornetblue to flap his jaws. Harmony is the only "descent" team you played and the Celina of east Texas Hawkins played them closer. Stay away from that sticky icky in the river bottoms. It's got you boys delusional. Just have ice and Advil on hand. Sorry Cannon85. I tried.

SMH, you just can't help your self. Let me explain it to you. Just as PP started the season with a new system and it has taken some time to develop and learn. Now, from what I saw in person, PP offense is running smoothly and effectively. Hooks started the season with offensive line issues. No returning starters and all pretty young players. But the coaches have ajusted and a couple kids came back and now the line is very successful. Sometimes it takes time for things to gel and the kids get better. Has happened to both Hooks and PP this year. You don't want us to judge PP on its early loses cause of a new system, why don't you return the favor and not judge hooks on its early loss, both teams where putting things together at that time.

maybe sdc is not for you. this site is intended to smack talk, and when they do you try to get all offended? But who is talking tough besides you? what I have read is that we are saying our "kids" are tough just like the ones at PP, maybe I am reading it wrong?

+1