Pewitt @ Hooks district championship

brahmas1

who will be district champs  

78 members have voted

1. 1. who will be district champs

• Pewitt
    • Hooks

Lol. Everyone in Texas gets heated over high school football. It's almost a religion. Not quite, but almost. I'm just as touchy about the Cowboys. On "real issues", I can't stand Democrats and liberals a little more than whoever Pewitt is playing on a given week. Last week didn't like LK. No problem with Hooks. This week we're playing you. Next week I'll be cheering for you since your representing our district. HornetBlue thank you for knowing who Nature Boy is. It warms my soul. Kids today have no idea.

At this point it doesn't matter who each team played 2 months ago or even what those scores were, what matters is both teams have played the same teams in district and have the same record. Is it fun to talk about Johnny being fastest than Paul or Zack being more physical than Freddy? Sure it is. But the fact of the matter is nothing that has happened before 7:30 Friday night matters besides district records. That's it. From 7:30 forward both teams are playing for something and nothing before that has a bearing going forward. A win puts you in one position on bracket, getting beat puts you somewhere else on the bracket. Losing to Waskom or Harmony has no baring. Stop living in the past toward the other team's downfalls. Does Hooks and Pewitt have kids injuried and not playing? I don't know. But I can tell you, you can only worry about the ones that are playing. The official... well the team getting the foul called against them won't like it and the other team will. Don't try and use that excuse either. These are 14-18 year old kids. Go support them win or lose. IMHO I believe these two are evenly matched but like I said, how they played 2 months ago or 2 weeks ago doesn't matter. This could come down to a coaching call or it could be a run away. Kids read these forums though, so support them and act like adults. They look up to us.

• Like 1

At this point it doesn't matter who each team played 2 months ago or even what those scores were, what matters is both teams have played the same teams in district and have the same record. Is it fun to talk about Johnny being fastest than Paul or Zack being more physical than Freddy? Sure it is. But the fact of the matter is nothing that has happened before 7:30 Friday night matters besides district records. That's it. From 7:30 forward both teams are playing for something and nothing before that has a bearing going forward. A win puts you in one position on bracket, getting beat puts you somewhere else on the bracket. Losing to Waskom or Harmony has no baring. Stop living in the past toward the other team's downfalls. Does Hooks and Pewitt have kids injuried and not playing? I don't know. But I can tell you, you can only worry about the ones that are playing. The official... well the team getting the foul called against them won't like it and the other team will. Don't try and use that excuse either. These are 14-18 year old kids. Go support them win or lose. IMHO I believe these two are evenly matched but like I said, how they played 2 months ago or 2 weeks ago doesn't matter. This could come down to a coaching call or it could be a run away. Kids read these forums though, so support them and act like adults. They look up to us.

Well said.

They do look at these forums. I've already had boys thanking me for going to bat for them. Your right past is the past. Big game Friday night. Too my brothers from across the sulphur, it's gonna be good Friday night atmosphere in the great state of Texas. Pulling for Pewitt, but pray everyone is injury free Friday so we all can show D8 what's up. I'm getting my robe and headed to the locker room. Can't for Friday. Nature Boy will be there with several Woooooooooooooos all night. Hooks fellas have a good week. I can't believe I'm listening to someone from HS. That's a joke. Don't get offended.

For the first time Nature Boy is speechless. Hey tone it down. Now c'mon I can take it. Lol. Unfortunately I don't have cute and funny lines of smack talk. They are funny btw. Nature Boy is balls to the wall or nothing. So I'll just sit back and enjoy your lines Roy.