Whitehouse

Hallsville- 1,444

Marshall- 1,401

Pine Tree

Jacksonville

Greenville

Sul. Springs

Lindale

JT and Longview are all but locks for moving back up. Lufkin will be on the bubble.

15-5A could go forward with the 7 remaining members. Or does the UIL send Greenville back to the DFW leaving us with 6?

Does Ennis go back west? Leaving 16-5A with 7.... possibly 6 if Lufkin goes up.

-------

No word from SS or Lindale.... could they be headed down to 4A?

Texas High, Marshall, Hallsville, PT, MP, (Greenville)

Nac, Lufkin, WH, Jax, Cors, (Ennis)

---------

If DFW schools are sent back.... and Lindale and SS drop..... do we see the two districts combine into one?

Texas High, MP, Marshall, Hallsville, PT, Nac, Jax, WH

--------

What do you predict?

Wish list?

I think the cutoff number for 6A will rise again, which will most likely keep us in 5A for two more years imo. If Lindale, Jacksonville and Whitehouse stay up in 5A. I think we'll be in a district with them and Nac. I'm hoping they add Marshall to it and send SS, MP, Thigh and Greenville to a DFW area district.

Marshall, Hallsville, and PT have been packaged together since 2002.

Sometimes we've gone North.... Into the district we are in now.
Sometimes south with Nac,Jax, etc.

2002: north
2004: south
2006: south
2008: north
2010: south
2012: north
2014: north

The facilities are better in the North district overall. IMHO. And the driving is somewhat kinder.

But for some reason the rivalries would seem better to me with the south district.

Going to be interesting to see be rest of the numbers.

And I wonder if UIL will release the cutoff numbers for each class in December like they did last time.

There is no way the 6A cutoffs rise enough to keep Lufkin, Longview, and John Tyler all 5A. They are all gone.

JT and Longview are 6A locks for sure. No accurate # on Lufkin yet...so who knows. Seems like the 2097 holds a little more water though which would keep em 5A.

Wonder what Texas High reported.

I didn't realize Lufkin was that small. They will stay 5A with that number. I thought their numbers resembled John Tyler and Longview.

As for 15-5A, Marshall wins this district with their hands tied. The path to the playoffs gets much easier for teams like Mount Pleasant, Pine Tree, and Sulphur Springs. What happens to Greenville will be interesting. Sulphur Springs will not go down to 4A.

It's possible Kilgore could go up, but not likely

very unlikely.

The bottom of 5A will inch up some..... almost assuredly enough to keep Kilgore down.

But I would welcome them back to 5A. They are a great rival.

I didn't realize Lufkin was that small. They will stay 5A with that number. I thought their numbers resembled John Tyler and Longview.

As for 15-5A, Marshall wins this district with their hands tied. The path to the playoffs gets much easier for teams like Mount Pleasant, Pine Tree, and Sulphur Springs. What happens to Greenville will be interesting. Sulphur Springs will not go down to 4A.

Texas High has proven otherwise.

Nac and Lufkin will most likely join that district, so the path doesn't get easier for at least PT. I'm hoping those others go to a DFW district.

True. The only thing that I hate about this potential district alignment is without Longview we have absolutely no team that can get out of the first round. Our district is weak.

Longview and Marshall will both be favored in the first round this year I'm willing to bet. And while Texas High and Hallsville will probably be underdogs against JT and Ennis..... I think they give them tough games. Wouldn't be SHOCKED to see them win.

Longview and Marshall both won last year in the first round BTW.......... and we both lost in the 2nd round to teams that advanced to the quarterfinals.

• Like 1

Pack, what does your district look like? You anticipate who going west to DFW exactly?

Nac, Lufkin, Marshall, PT, Hallsville, Lindale, Jacksonville, Whitehouse, and maybe Corsi or T-high. SS, Ennis, Greenville and MP going to a DFW district.

As for SS and Lindale...haven't seen a # on em. But I bet Lindale stays 5A, hardly doubt their enrollment declined.

Now SS could be interesting. Their football team literally had 2A-3A numbers Friday night. Probably the snallest team Ive seen Longview play in a very long time. Have never seen SS like that.

As for SS and Lindale...haven't seen a # on em. But I bet Lindale stays 5A, hardly doubt their enrollment declined.

Now SS could be interesting. Their football team literally had 2A-3A numbers Friday night. Probably the snallest team Ive seen Longview play in a very long time. Have never seen SS like that.

Agreed. Sulphur Springs is not the team/town of old.