Future of East Texas 5A

Mavchamp

I don't want Thigh in a district with us, but I know the UIL don't care about things like that. I'm hoping they would go back to a DFW district too, if we did stay in 5A and a East Texas district.

Lufkin and Texas High have a LOT of history between them as district rivals. From the mid 1950's to the mid 80's.

I would have to check to make sure..... but maybe longer.

Texas High being in a DFW district seems improbable.

They were in a district with MP, SS, Royse City, Paris...... can't remember the others in..... 2004...2005..... I THINK.

They have gone to DFW several times......in fact, they have gone to a DFW district 3 times in the last 6 alignments.

2010 and 2011: Texas High, MP, SS, Royse City, Denison, Greenville

2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007: Texas High, North Lamar, MP, SS, Paris, Lindale

So it's not out of the question......problem is that Paris and North Lamar are 4A now.

They have gone to DFW several times......in fact, they have gone to a DFW district 3 times in the last 6 alignments.

2010 and 2011: Texas High, MP, SS, Royse City, Denison, Greenville

2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007: Texas High, North Lamar, MP, SS, Paris, Lindale

So it's not out of the question......problem is that Paris and North Lamar are 4A now.

After reading this I have no idea what will happen. If DFW is the answer would Pine Tree go south? Who would be likely DFW candidates to join east Texas?

After reading this I have no idea what will happen. If DFW is the answer would Pine Tree go south? Who would be likely DFW candidates to join east Texas?

Pine Tree, Marshall, and Hallsville have always been packaged together since 2002.

Same with Nacogdoches, Whitehouse, and Jacksonville. If LP doesn't go up, they will be added to that package I think.

The wildcards are Texas High, MP, and SS...... who can easily be shipped down I-30 to DFW.

Lindale has officially been in both districts in some form or another.

Corsicana historically goes to DFW..... so does Ennis.

Kilgore and Henderson have both "recently" been in that South district too, but they have dropped down. Not likely to come back up.

Lots of possibilities out there.

If I had MY WAY about it....

North District: Texas High, MP, Lindale, SS, Royse City, Greenville, Sherman*, Denison*

South District: Marshall, Hallsville, PT, Nac, Lufkin, WH, Jax, Corsicana*

could drop the * and send them to other districts

Send the North district into Region II

South district to Region III

No more playing each other in the first round!

JMHO

I like the Region III South idea. Maybe they will put us down in the Bryan/Huntsville district , which is still Region II. No Texas High or Ennis. Lufkin will be 5A with 2097, we were 2088 in 2013. Lufkin has 40,000 population, we are not a Tyler or Longview with 100,000 plus. We are not small, we are the right size for the population we have here. We are surrounded by three 4A schools (Hudson, Diboll and Huntington), one 3A school (Central) and have a Private Pineywoods Academy that plays in 2A. Just to let you know. Don't care where they put Lufkin, we just want to play.

I think we're stuck with Nac regardless of what district they put us in, maybe Jacksonville too. I wouldn't have a problem with the Huntsville/Bryan and maybe Livingston district. We would probably be in a different Region though with Manvel, Temple, and PA memorial. It is what it is. I just want to play Marshall again for some reason, whether it's in district or non-district.

We were in region 3 in 2004 and 2005 in the district with Jax, Kilgore, WH, Nac, Henderson......

We played Klien Oak in the first round of the playoffs both years. Was a long drive for a first round game. Played home/home series each year.

2nd round was Beaumont schools. Third was Houston ISD (Yates). Then we finally headed to DFW in the 4th round.

I enjoyed region 3. Obviously we had playoff success with back to back state title games. So yeah. I wouldn't be opposed to going that direction again.

Apparently UIL will announce the cutoff numbers on November 30th according to Matt Stepp.

That will end all the speculation of who moves up and who doesn't. Then it's just a matter of figuring out how much.... or how little East Texas will get shuffled around.

They wont separate MP and T-High.

I think PT, Marshall, and Hallsville are always going to be packaged together.....they are by far the 3 closest to one another.

I think MP and Texas High are likely to always be together. SS is iffy.... because they can go West pretty easily.

I think WH and Jax are likely to always be together

And if Nac and LP are in the same classification, they are likely to be together.

Just a matter of how they piece us together really. The possibilities are almost limitless.

Pretty sure Texas High will be 6a

Have a hard time believing their enrollment jumped over 200 students in 2 years when they have been in the 1,900 range for the better part of a decade and a half.

Longview and Marshall will both be favored in the first round this year I'm willing to bet. And while Texas High and Hallsville will probably be underdogs against JT and Ennis..... I think they give them tough games. Wouldn't be SHOCKED to see them win.

Longview and Marshall both won last year in the first round BTW.......... and we both lost in the 2nd round to teams that advanced to the quarterfinals.

Marshall will be favored but I don't think a single person would be shocked to see the Mavs fall in round 1 either (especially if Lindale gets in).

Marshall will be favored but I don't think a single person would be shocked to see the Mavs fall in round 1 either (especially if Lindale gets in).

How Marshalls new qb progresses will determine how far we go. I really like what I saw out of Hurd playing qb and still starting at safety. He adds a 3rd running threat to the backfield and showed potential throwing the ball. The D finally played a full game and recorded its first shutout. If we peak again like we did at this time last year, we could go a few rounds.

John Tyler- 2,270

Longview- 2,200

-----

Lufkin- Disputed numbers

Texas High

Nacogdoches- 1,674

Ennis- 1619

Corsicana- 1,603

Mount Pleasant- 1,472

Whitehouse

Hallsville- 1,444

Marshall- 1,401

Pine Tree

Jacksonville

Greenville

Sul. Springs

Lindale

JT and Longview are all but locks for moving back up. Lufkin will be on the bubble.

15-5A could go forward with the 7 remaining members. Or does the UIL send Greenville back to the DFW leaving us with 6?

Does Ennis go back west? Leaving 16-5A with 7.... possibly 6 if Lufkin goes up.

-------

No word from SS or Lindale.... could they be headed down to 4A?

Texas High, Marshall, Hallsville, PT, MP, (Greenville)

Nac, Lufkin, WH, Jax, Cors, (Ennis)

---------

If DFW schools are sent back.... and Lindale and SS drop..... do we see the two districts combine into one?

Texas High, MP, Marshall, Hallsville, PT, Nac, Jax, WH

--------

What do you predict?

Wish list?

Heard Chapel Hill reported a number higher than last year's cutoff