Future of East Texas 5A

Mavchamp

Lindale 1,193

Sul Springs 1,177

Both solid 5A numbers.

Terrell 1,085.... this could affect East Texas. If they drop down out of the 5A district with Royse City... it possibly opens a spot for Greenville or SS.

Updated:

John Tyler- 2,270

Longview- 2,200

-----

Lufkin- 2,097

Texas High

Nacogdoches- 1,674

Ennis- 1619

Corsicana- 1,603

Mount Pleasant- 1,472

Whitehouse

Hallsville- 1,444

Marshall- 1,401

Pine Tree

Jacksonville

Lindale 1,194

Greenville

Sul. Springs 1,177

From Matt Stepp Lindale reported 1193. They'll probably stay 5A, but that put them on the bubble just a bit.

I'll be suprised if they drop. The last cut off for 5A was 1060. That would be pretty big change to get to 1193 to put them back in 4A...but you never know. If that's the case SS should drop. They turned in 1177...I really don't see them raising the top of 4A that much, but it is the UIL after all.

How about....... this:

NORTH DISTRICT: Texas High, MP, SS, Greenville, Royse City, Denison, Sherman

SOUTH DISTRICT: Lufkin, Marshall, Nac, Hallsville, Pine Tree, Jax, WH, Lindale

Honestly..... Lindale could fall into either district. They've gone up into that district before. Their proximity to SS and MP (and Greenville) is compelling.

How about....... this:

NORTH DISTRICT: Texas High, MP, SS, Greenville, Royse City, Denison, Sherman

SOUTH DISTRICT: Lufkin, Marshall, Nac, Hallsville, Pine Tree, Jax, WH, Lindale

Honestly..... Lindale could fall into either district. They've gone up into that district before. Their proximity to SS and MP (and Greenville) is compelling.

I don't have a problem with it.

Not taking a shot at Matt or Mav, but Quick has already confirmed the 2097. If the cutoff goes up or stays the same, we'll be 5A again.

I only recall the number for the highest class dropping once. And it wasn't much IIRCC

So much for the narrative from the past 20 years that Hallsville would outgrow us all by 2016.

It's hilarious honestly.

The district and school that supposedly no one wants to go to (Longview) is one of the faster growing ones in East Texas.

Texas High will be 5A. I don't know their snap shot number, but it will be flat at best.

In reading through this thread, I feel like I am following an unwanted step child. Nobody wants us in their district!

The issue with including Texas High, Marshall, Nac, & Lufkin with DFW schools is you are creating an automatic appeal to the UIL. Texas High has had difficulty filling a 10 game schedule due to our location - 1 hour from anyone. I really don't care how the district is created, except I would did to see an 8 team district. What makes the most sense is the following:

T-High, Marshall, Hallsville, Nac, Lufkin, Jacksonville, Pine Tree & Mt Pleasant.

Texas High will be 5A. I don't know their snap shot number, but it will be flat at best.

In reading through this thread, I feel like I am following an unwanted step child. Nobody wants us in their district!

The issue with including Texas High, Marshall, Nac, & Lufkin with DFW schools is you are creating an automatic appeal to the UIL. Texas High has had difficulty filling a 10 game schedule due to our location - 1 hour from anyone. I really don't care how the district is created, except I would did to see an 8 team district. What makes the most sense is the following:

T-High, Marshall, Hallsville, Nac, Lufkin, Jacksonville, Pine Tree & Mt Pleasant.

I actually enjoy Texas High...... even though we struggle against them (UGHHH). I would have no problem with your proposed district.

My problem with the "north district" isn't really TxK and MP...... my problem is SS and Greenville. Seems a bit extreme and a stretch at best.

I actually feel a historical connection to Texas High..... similar to how I do with Nac and Lufkin (even if we haven't played since 2003). I don't feel a historical connection to SS, Greenville.... same with Jax and WH.

It's going to be near impossible to separate Marshall, PT, and Hallsville.... so the three of us can go to either district.

But instead of the North/South alignment we've normally seen...... I'd prefer more of an East/West.... more of a Hwy 59 Corridor district. Then there can be a Hwy 69 corridor district.

Just a thought.

Although..... I AM getting tired of losing to the Tigers. Lol.

Looks like we could be trading getting beat up by the Lobos to getting beat up by Lufkin. Maybe we can play LP a little more competitively than we have Longview historically.

The only problem with tossing Jax in there is that you almost have to throw in WH and Lindale too.

That's why I like the idea of WH, Jax, and Lindale going with MP, Greenville, and SS (and maybe RC).

That would leave TexH, Marshall, Halls, PT, Nac, Lufkin.....

Texas High has an automatic slot for Arkansas. If you are separated from MP, you have 2 games. I would think surely the Tigers could get 2 more games. LE? El Dorado? Benton? Lake Hamilton?

Marshall had a quick series with Fort Smith in the late 90's. They were an outstanding program back then. No idea if they still are now.

Just fun stuff to think about.

If they separate Nac,lp,jax and whitehouse it will only be to send Nac and lp down south.

I don't think Nac and lp going t high makes sense at all.

If they separate Nac,lp,jax and whitehouse it will only be to send Nac and lp down south.

I don't think Nac and lp going t high makes sense at all.

Not that UIL considers historical rivalries into their decisions during realignment.....

Lufkin and Texas High have nearly 40 years as district rivals from the early 50s to the late 80s.

So it's not unheard of for them to be paired together.

Not to mention....... Nac has a good 20-30 years of history with Texas high too.

I see it shaking out like this:

north-thigh,mp,hallsville,pine tree, Marshall South-lindale,wh,jax,Nac,lp

I agree that we could see SS & Greenville head west.

Ennis and Cana will go back towards Dallas.

IMHO.......5A is too crowded to leave 2 districts out here with only 5 teams a peice in them. No way that happens.