Future of East Texas 5A

Mavchamp

Louisiana and Oklahoma right down the road they can find games, I don't think Norton is up for the challenge now a days, when they were Elite he wanted to play the Evangels, Bentonvilles and others now ..... As far as the District goes idk lol

I am curious on Marshall's experience with Shreveport schools. Have you normally played them in Shreveport or have they been home/home series. We played Monroe Neville a few years back & they said they would never return due to the home cooking. The problem with out of state teams are the rules differences.

Also a issue with out of state schools is their realignment schedule is not the same as our cycle. Makes home/home series difficult.

Norton has a problem with Evangel. When we have scheduled games, they have reneged on sub-varsity schools.

Not sure who is an opponent in Oklahoma you think we could schedule? The most likely schools are 275 miles away.

I think PT, Marshall, and Hallsville are always going to be packaged together.....they are by far the 3 closest to one another.

I think MP and Texas High are likely to always be together. SS is iffy.... because they can go West pretty easily.

I think WH and Jax are likely to always be together

And if Nac and LP are in the same classification, they are likely to be together.

Just a matter of how they piece us together really. The possibilities are almost limitless.

WH and Jax arent that far from the Marshall, PT, Hallsville Grouping... keeping that as your 5 base... I would still like to see the 8-10 team district of Marshall, PT, Hallsville, Jax, WH, TX High, MP, Lufkin, Nac. SS

Lufkin and Texas High would get the bigger shaft in that deal, but the playoff race would be unreal...

WH and Jax arent that far from the Marshall, PT, Hallsville Grouping... keeping that as your 5 base... I would still like to see the 8-10 team district of Marshall, PT, Hallsville, Jax, WH, TX High, MP, Lufkin, Nac. SS

Lufkin and Texas High would get the bigger shaft in that deal, but the playoff race would be unreal...

Lindale would have to be in with that group too. And possibly Chapel Hill. (They are above the cutoff for 4A from last time, but that number will probably rise enough to keep them 4A). That would be a LOT of teams for one district.

I'm betting on there being 2 East Texas similar to what there is now. I wouldn't be too suprised to see them pull Royse City in to cover the spot Longview will leave. Yes it's a long way from RC to THigh/Marshall. But it's a long way from Ennis to Lufkin too and they did that!

Chapel Hill has a legit chance to move up, so that would change the complextion of things, if that were to happen

Chapel Hill

Whitehouse

Lindale

Jacksonville

Sulphur Springs

Greenville

Terrell not likely but an option

Lufkin

Nacogdoches

Marshall

Hallsville

Pine Tree

Texas High

Mount Pleasant

I heard Livingston had 4A numbers. I'm not sure if we would go South now. The district with us, Nac, Jacksonville, Marshall, Lindale, Hallsville, PT, Whitehouse, and maybe Corsi or Chapel Hill(if they have 5A numbers) sound better than this other stuff that includes MP. Some of y'all aren't even looking at the map.

Chapel Hill has a legit chance to move up, so that would change the complextion of things, if that were to happen

Chapel Hill

Whitehouse

Lindale

Jacksonville

Sulphur Springs

Greenville

Terrell not likely but an option

Lufkin

Nacogdoches

Marshall

Hallsville

Pine Tree

Texas High

Mount Pleasant

What in the world....the crazy scenarios are getting out of hand.

Mine is simple...the districts stay the same minus JT and Longview. If Corsicana or Ennis returns to DFW, Chapel Hill (still havent seen a # on them but its safe to say that its close to 5A #'s) replaces at least one of em in the South District.

I think Ennis and Greenville go back DFW. Corsicana stays in ET. In this case, send Lindale North...replace Ennis with Chapel Hill in the South.

Some of these scenarios are never going to happen. I think the 2 districts will stay pretty much the same. Chapel Hill could replace JT. Royse City could replace Longview. Royse City is only 15 min from Greenville. The next closest town to them is Rockwall and both their schools should be 6A this time.

Won't be that surprised though if Corsicana and Ennis are back with Dallas schools. And same for Greenville.

Like someone else said, SS has been in with metroplex schools before. It's been awhile but they were with Denison, Sherman, Greenville, etc.

I think the UIL will keep them East though to make 2 East Texas 5A districts. They aren't going to put only 5 teams in a district. So they'll either have to pull from farther away (like adding Royse City, keeping Ennis and Corsicana) or they would have to send Greenville, SS (maybe MP)Ennis and Corsicana back to the metroplex and make one large 5A East Tx district.

finally found a number for t-high 1914, so still a while before they move up

I'll never expect Texas High to move up.

Pretty locked in on those 1900 numbers plus Texarkana, Texas only has 37000.

As do I. Is Chapel Hill the 3A school in Tyler, or the one in Mount Pleasant? Sorry, my Metromesser ignorance is showing.

*4A Div I.

I'll never expect Texas High to move up.

Pretty locked in on those 1900 numbers plus Texarkana, Texas only has 37000.

*4A Div I.

i dont expect them to either, but texas high has open enrollment so you have to take in that as a whole texarkanas population of about 70,000.

Why in the world would Lufkin play Texas high and Mp over Jacksonville and Whitehouse? Also Mp is right next to SS right? I know it's the UIL, but none of that makes sense.

The same reason some have Lindale and Whitehouse going to Royse City and Texas High.